- Goal Diggers
- Guest Diggers
Kabwe PF explains Mutati’s MMD activitiesBy Diggers Correspondent on 5 Sep 2017
The Patriotic Front in Central Province has the crusade against Minister of Finance Mutati, accusing him of destabilising the ruling party.
Scores of PF members this morning staged a protest march from Kasanda market along Kabwe –Ndola road to the party secretariat, behind Horizon Hotel, to present a petition demanding Mutati’s removal to PF provincial chairman Chanda Mutale.
The placard carrying members chanted anti-Mutati slogans and some of the placards read, “Mutati must go”.
In presenting the petition, Kabwe central constituency information publicity secretary, Sam Lupupa, said Mutati did not mean well for the party structures.
He alleged that the Finance Minister had been using his ministerial position to revamp the opposition Movement for Multi-party Democracy (MMD) where he is serving as president.
“Your excellency, Felix Mutati has been using his ministerial position as a stepping stone to revamp his MMD party which died in 2011. We say this as evidenced by what happened when he, in the company of two other ministers, honourable Mulenga Kaziya (water resources and sanitation); and Christopher Yaluma (minerals and natural resources), visited our newly acquired offices in Kabwe on 17th of July 2017 and the trio after complaining that we had no money donated only K4,000. To our surprise, honourable Mutati ended up donating K15,000 to MMD members the same day” Lupupa said.
Lupupa said as a party in the province, they felt insulted because MMD members in the province were now boasting by claiming that “the government is for PF but the power to control the money is in the hands of the MMD”.
“He must choose between being president of MMD or being a minister. It is our prayer that our cry shall be heard” said Lupupa.
And in receiving the petition, PF provincial chairman, Chanda Mutale said he would deliver the petition to the secretary general of the party, who will in turn present it to the Head of State.
“As you go back to your different districts, be assured that your petition will be presented to the president. For now remain patient as we wait to hear what the president will say after receiving your petition,” said Mutale.
About Diggers Correspondent
The Diggers Correspondent is a versatile writer.
- Justice Without Remedy? A Comment on the Constitutional Court Judgment in the Case of Kambwili v Attorney General - 29 Mar 2020
- Philosophy & Homosexuality - 29 Mar 2020
- Banda takes COVID-19 awareness campaign to his constituency - 25 Mar 2020
- Tokyo 2020: Olympic Games postponed because of coronavirus - 24 Mar 2020
- LAZ shouldn’t interfere with its members’ freedom of expression - 21 Mar 2020
- Zambia's COVID-19 cases jump to 35 (26,906 views)
- Govt identifies Chaisa, Jack Compound, Ibex Hill as COVID-19 hot zones (20,497 views)
- Let’s sympathise with Lungu and help him, or we will all perish! (14,124 views)
- High Court keeps Spax in jail (9,549 views)
- COVID-19 cases rise to 29 (7,263 views)
- COVID-19 leaves PF general conference in limbo
- Correctional Services mulls release of inmates due to COVID-19 pandemic
- Swabs have become a rare commodity, laments public national health institute
- Katuka denies ordering youth punch-up at UPND secretariat
- MISA asks ECZ to expedite dismantling of 2016 debt owed to media houses
Subscribe for news email alerts
ArchivesApr0 PostsMay0 PostsJun0 PostsJul0 PostsAug0 PostsSep0 PostsOct0 PostsNov0 PostsDec0 Posts
- «March 2020»
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
Send this to a friend