- by Mukosha Funga on 21 Nov 2017by Diggers Reporter on 21 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 21 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 21 Nov 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mirriam Chabala on 21 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 20 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 20 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 18 Nov 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 21 Nov 2017by Diggers Reporter on 21 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 21 Nov 2017by Diggers Reporter on 20 Nov 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 20 Nov 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 18 Nov 2017by Diggers contributor on 7 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 4 Nov 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 18 Nov 2017by Ambassador Eric Schultz on 13 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 9 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 29 Oct 2017
DEC arrests 6 for possessing K500, 000 fake moneyBy Mukosha Funga on 13 Sep 2017
The Drug Enforcement Commission (DEC) in Lusaka has arrested six people for possessing a total of K500, 000 fake bank notes.
In a statement, DEC Public Relations Officer Theresa Katongo said a Zambia army officer was found in possession of K400, 000, while five others were arrested for being found in possession of K100, 000 counterfeit notes.
“The Drug Enforcement Commission has arrested a Zambia Army Officer for being in possession of K400 thousand counterfeit notes. Newton Sondashi, 42, a Staff Sergeant of Plot No. 2077/2078 Pamodzi Township in Ndola District has been arrested for being in possession of K400, 000 counterfeit notes in K100 bills. The suspect was arrested in Chawama Township as he was about to transact,” Katongo said.
“And in a related development, the Commission in Lusaka has arrested and jointly charged five people for being in possession of K100 thousand counterfeit notes. Among those arrested are Mulenga Simukoko, 42, of Chawama Compound, Davison Njobvu of House No. L33 St. Monica area in Chipata District and Alexander Lungu, 32, a Businessman of Kalongwezi area in Chipata District. Also arrested is Kamanga Banda, 58, of Plot No. 19/17 Chawama Compound in Lusaka and Alfred Mabeti, 38, a Businessman also of Chawama Compound for being in possession of K100,000 counterfeit notes.”
She said the Commission had also arrested major suppliers of heroin in Lusaka.
“Meanwhile, four (04) major suppliers of heroin in Lusaka’s Chaisa Compound have been arrested by the Commission for trafficking in heroin. Those arrested and jointly charged include James Banda, 23, Moses John Mwanza, 23, and his wife Estela Phiri, 25, for trafficking in 45 sachets of heroin. Also arrested separately, is Peter Mwanza alias ‘Junior Marcopolo’ for trafficking in 116 sachets of heroin. All suspects will appear in court soon.” said Katongo.
About Mukosha Funga
Interested in good governance and youth empowerment.
- PF will waste millions in compensation over illegally terminated contracts – TIZ - 21 Nov 2017
- Govt gets excess drugs which expire in storage because they don’t consult pharmacists – Banda - 21 Nov 2017
- ‘Wife’ sues Muvi TV owner over matrimonial house - 21 Nov 2017
- Kaunda has not yet traveled to meet Mugabe -Spokesperson - 20 Nov 2017
- Quarry flying stone kills nearby juvenile - 20 Nov 2017
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «November 2017»
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend