by Natasha Sakala on 15 Nov 2019by Natasha Sakala on 15 Nov 2019by Natasha Sakala on 15 Nov 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Nov 2019
by Ulande Nkomesha on 15 Nov 2019by Natasha Sakala and Stuart Lisulo on 14 Nov 2019by Natasha Sakala on 14 Nov 2019by Natasha Sakala on 13 Nov 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 15 Nov 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 15 Nov 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 15 Nov 2019by Julia Malunga and Zondiwe Mbewe on 14 Nov 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Elias Banda on 15 Nov 2019by Abraham Kalito on 14 Nov 2019by Abraham Kalito on 13 Nov 2019by Mazuba Muleya on 7 Nov 2019
by Diggers Editor on 14 Nov 2019by Diggers Editor on 13 Nov 2019by Diggers Editor on 12 Nov 2019by Diggers Editor on 10 Nov 2019
- Guest Diggers
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Natasha Sakala on 8 Nov 2019by Felix Kashweka on 4 Oct 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 28 Sep 2019by Douty Chibamba on 25 Sep 2019
NDC rubbishes UPND alliance talksBy Sipilisiwe Ncube on 6 Feb 2018
National Democratic Congress (NDC) secretary general Mwenya Musenge says his party has no immediate intentions to get into an alliance with the opposition UPND.
In a statement, Monday, Musenge asked party officials to ignore such reports and focus on mobilising the party.
“The NDC has never engaged in any talks with the UPND on prospects to explore a possible alliance. Therefore, talk that the NDC should venture into a working pact with our counterparts from the UPND are premature. As NDC, we urge all our members countrywide to therefore ignore such discourse. All our members countrywide should instead preoccupy themselves mobilizing structure’s in their respective localities,” Musenge stated.
He sated that his party had high chances of forming government in 2021.
“The NDC has high chances of forming Government in 2021 as a single entity going by the support we are receiving countrywide. The NDC has continued receiving overwhelming response from all corners of Zambia an indication that the party has well been received. We also want to state that the NDC has never engaged in talks with the UPND leadership on a possible alliance. As NDC, we therefore like to bring this discourse to an end. However, we appreciate the gesture by our colleagues in UPND for opening up suggestions for a possible alliance with the NDC,” stated Musenge.
About Sipilisiwe Ncube
Sipilisiwe Ncube has a background in radio news.
Email: sipilisiwe [at] diggers [dot] news
- Govt will get $2.03bn loan from China for Chipata-Serenje Railway project, reveals Minister - 15 Nov 2019
- I won’t be drawn into discussing MMD affairs – Rupiah - 14 Nov 2019
- Lungu has worked hard enough to retain presidency in 2021 – Mwila - 14 Nov 2019
- Nyimba farmers cry foul for being deprived of inputs - 14 Nov 2019
- Power cut forces UNZA to cancel exams midway through - 14 Nov 2019
- How Mushimba influenced UNZA to pass his wife who failed 2 medical courses (8,072 views)
- DEC arrests Amos for corrupt practices (3,299 views)
- There’re 2 Lungus in State House, we met them both (2,751 views)
- I am ready to face DEC, says Amos (2,440 views)
- Court awards K3.3m damages to family of ZAF officer who died in police custody (2,234 views)
- Chief Mukuni urged people to vote UPND in 2016, reveals Commission of Inquiry
- Enemies want to divide us as we get to 2021 – Lungu
- PF rule has no respect for human life – ZCCB
- Load shedding, kwacha depreciation slashing business performance – BCI
- Govt will get $2.03bn loan from China for Chipata-Serenje Railway project, reveals Minister
- There’re 2 Lungus in State House, we met them both
- I'm at the bottom but God has a plan, says Mutati as Nevers meets Lungu
- HH among directors of company seeking to mine in Lower Zambezi - Musukwa tells parley
- Yes, Zambia’s debt is criminal!
- Govt cancelled presidential jet purchase due to austerity measures – Wina
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend