by Ulande Nkomesha on 14 Oct 2019by Julia Malunga on 14 Oct 2019by Julia Malunga on 14 Oct 2019by Julia Malunga on 14 Oct 2019
by Ulande Nkomesha on 13 Oct 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 11 Oct 2019by Natasha Sakala on 11 Oct 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 10 Oct 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 14 Oct 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 14 Oct 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 11 Oct 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 11 Oct 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Abraham Kalito on 8 Oct 2019by Abraham Kalito on 7 Oct 2019by By Tim Zulu and Abraham Kalito on 7 Oct 2019by Abraham Kalito on 4 Oct 2019
by Diggers Editor on 13 Oct 2019by Diggers Editor on 11 Oct 2019by Diggers Editor on 10 Oct 2019by Diggers Editor on 9 Oct 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Simon Manda, PhD on 14 Oct 2019by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 30 Sep 2019by Douty Chibamba on 25 Sep 2019by Chibamba Kanyama on 25 Sep 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Felix Kashweka on 4 Oct 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 28 Sep 2019by Douty Chibamba on 25 Sep 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 24 Sep 2019
Miles threatens to shut down Lusaka Magistrates’ Court owing to dirty toiletsBy Zondiwe Mbewe on 12 Feb 2019
Lusaka Mayor Miles Sampa has written to the Senior Clerk of Courts at the Lusaka Magistrates’ Court over the dirty toilets at the complex, warning that the council would not hesitate to close down the premises if there’s no improvement in its sanitation.
And Sampa has offered solidarity, love and goodwill to UPND Kanyama Ward 10 Councillor Brighton Bilumba, who was sentenced to one year six months imprisonment with hard labour for theft involving K53,600.
He said in an interview with News Diggers! that justice needed to prevail, but added that he was offering Bilumba love and goodwill as he serves his sentence.
“As Mayor, I treat and consider all Councillors the same. Justice must prevail but I offer solidarity, love and goodwill wishes to him as he goes through this process,” Sampa said.
Meanwhile, Sampa has written to the Senior Clerk of Courts at the Lusaka Magistrates’ Court over the dirty toilets at the complex.
Leaving the court premises yesterday, Sampa said he was unhappy with the sanitation at the court complex, warning that it was running risk of closure.
In a handwritten letter written jotted after after the Court session, Sampa disclosed that when he visited the men’s toilets at the complex, he found them very dirty and without running water.
He appealed to the senior clerk of court to assist the council in their ‘Keep Lusaka City Clean, Green and Healthy’ campaign.
“I was at the complex this morning for a court judgement for one of my councilor Brighton Bilumba of Kanyama. I visited the mens toilet [and] I found it very very dirty, not fit for human usage. The two urinary are blocked and covered with plastics. The two flashing toilet pans have no running water. There were two workers that were charging K2 to anyone to to enter the dirty toilet. Madam, please assist us in the ‘Keep Lusaka City Clean, Green and Healthy’ [campaign],” he stated.
Sampa added that the council would not hesitate to close down the premises if there was no improvement.
About Zondiwe Mbewe
Zondiwe has interest in writing political and current affairs on issues which affect every Zambians.
Email: zondiwe [at] diggers [dot] news
- Lungu can’t be compelled to avail Mutembo report on his dismissal – Kalaluka - 14 Oct 2019
- UPND a strong opposition party, will remain that way beyond 2021 – Minister - 14 Oct 2019
- Frivolous ‘gay’ motions won’t take Zambia anywhere – Livune - 14 Oct 2019
- Kalaluka fights LAZ’s subpoenas against himself, Lubinda - 14 Oct 2019
- LAZ subpoenas Lubinda, Kalaluka to testify in Bill 10 case - 11 Oct 2019
- Too late for Ng’andu to catch the Patriotic Front runaway train (2,041 views)
- Kalaluka fights LAZ's subpoenas against himself, Lubinda (1,114 view)
- UPND starts legal action against PF over "gay rights lies" (1,027 view)
- Don’t blame climate change but corruption for economic crisis - KBF (1,003 view)
- UNZA congratulates Prof Nalubamba on his coronation as senior chief (981 views)
- UPND bringing misery, they're praying against rains so that people kick out PF - Lungu
- Lusaka woman denies committing adultery with Patrick, Foreign Affairs PS
- Snake poison confusing Lungu, we've no powers to stop the rains - HH
- PF moves Parley motion to ban UPND for 'supporting gay rights'
- Police lied about Kaoma shooting, with impunity
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend