- by Natasha Sakala on 22 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Aug 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 21 Aug 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 21 Aug 2019
- by Ulande Nkomesha on 21 Aug 2019by Memory Chipili in Solwezi on 20 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 19 Aug 2019by Natasha Sakala on 17 Aug 2019
- by Natasha Sakala on 21 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 21 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 21 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 21 Aug 2019
- Goal Diggers
- by Abraham Kalito on 8 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 8 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 5 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 28 Jul 2019
- by Diggers Editor on 22 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 21 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 20 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 18 Aug 2019
- Guest Diggers
- by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 17 Aug 2019by CUTS on 4 Aug 2019by Kangwa Muyunda on 3 Aug 2019by Rueben Lifuka on 31 Jul 2019
- Editor's Choice
- by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
- by Diggers Correspondent on 11 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019by Web Master on 27 Jun 2019
Israeli tours company ponders move to start flying tourists directly to ZambiaBy Thomas Mulenga on 14 Feb 2019
An Israeli travel and tours management company has expressed interest to start charter flights to bring tourists directly to Zambia from Israel.
In a statement, Ministry of Tourism and Arts public relations officer Sakabilo Kalembwe stated that the company expressed interest when Tourism and Arts Minister Dr Charles Banda met the firm’s chief executive officer Kramer Ephraim in Israel.
“Israeli big destination management company, Eshet, has expressed interest to commence charter flights to bring Israeli tourists directly to Zambia and Zambians to Israel for pilgrimage. Speaking during a meeting with Zambian Minister of Tourism and Arts Charles Banda in Tel Aviv, company president and chief executive officer Mr Kramer Ephraim of Eshet Tours is conducting charter flights to various destinations in Africa and the world, as well as sending groups on regular flights,” read the statement released, Tuesday.
“He said Eshet would start sending tourism groups on regular commercial flights to Zambia directly as at the moment their clients travel to Zambia via South Africa and Zimbabwe then connect to Livingstone. And the Minister said the deal would benefit both parties as Zambia has a lot to offer as a tourism destination of choice such as safari, diverse waterfalls and adventure tourism.”
Kalembwe stated that the Tourism Minister told Ephraim that Zambia persistently faced a challenge of air connectivity for more countries to visit and appreciate the country’s tourism.
“Dr Banda said the challenge has been opening up more connectivity to Zambia and that is the reason the Ministry is discussing with seasoned and established tour companies like Eshet Tours to open up the sector. He also invited Eshet Tours to the Zambia Travel Expo scheduled to take place in April, 2019, and the Zambia Tourism Agency would facilitate local logistics for media and travel agents that would attend the ZATEX under Eshet Tours in order to appreciate the diverse nature of Zambia’s tourism offering. Israel records about 7 million annual travels abroad out about 8.7 million people,” read the statement.
About Thomas Mulenga
Thomas Mulenga has a special interest in political news, current affairs, community and education news.
- Registrar of Societies playing foolish politics – NAREP - 31 May 2019
- Lungu committed to delivering health care services – Chilufya - 31 May 2019
- Austerity measures a sham – Kambwili - 31 May 2019
- NAREP opposes cancellation of agricultural shows in 3 provinces - 30 May 2019
- Kang’ombe’s victory in Sesheke petition a lesson to PF – UPND - 30 May 2019
- Lungu leads 34 member delegation to India (2,270 views)
- Mushimba wonders why accepted UNZA student don’t show up to enroll (1,930 view)
- Ndulo, Sangwa must be drunk to think they can sue Lungu - Tutwa (1,636 view)
- You'll create constitutional crisis if you rule Matibini out of order on Roan seat, Mwansa tells ConCourt (1,605 view)
- State witness in Chimese’s case in court for perjury (1,026 view)
- Lungu was one of my brightest pupils, retired teacher tells court
- It's not LAZ but 2,3 overzealous lawyers challenging Bill 10 - Siliya
- Development will follow those who cry the most, says Lungu
- I'm suing Tutwa for alleging that I've been paid to fight govt - LAZ president
- Tutwa leads campaign to impeach LAZ president
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend