by Mirriam Chabala on 15 Oct 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Oct 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Oct 2019by Mukosha Funga on 15 Oct 2019
by Ulande Nkomesha on 15 Oct 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 13 Oct 2019by John Chola on 11 Oct 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 11 Oct 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 15 Oct 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 15 Oct 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 15 Oct 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 14 Oct 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Abraham Kalito on 15 Oct 2019by Abraham Kalito on 15 Oct 2019by Abraham Kalito on 8 Oct 2019by Abraham Kalito on 7 Oct 2019
by Diggers Editor on 15 Oct 2019by Diggers Editor on 13 Oct 2019by Diggers Editor on 11 Oct 2019by Diggers Editor on 10 Oct 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Simon Manda, PhD on 14 Oct 2019by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 30 Sep 2019by Douty Chibamba on 25 Sep 2019by Chibamba Kanyama on 25 Sep 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Felix Kashweka on 4 Oct 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 28 Sep 2019by Douty Chibamba on 25 Sep 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 24 Sep 2019
Israeli tours company ponders move to start flying tourists directly to ZambiaBy Thomas Mulenga on 14 Feb 2019
An Israeli travel and tours management company has expressed interest to start charter flights to bring tourists directly to Zambia from Israel.
In a statement, Ministry of Tourism and Arts public relations officer Sakabilo Kalembwe stated that the company expressed interest when Tourism and Arts Minister Dr Charles Banda met the firm’s chief executive officer Kramer Ephraim in Israel.
“Israeli big destination management company, Eshet, has expressed interest to commence charter flights to bring Israeli tourists directly to Zambia and Zambians to Israel for pilgrimage. Speaking during a meeting with Zambian Minister of Tourism and Arts Charles Banda in Tel Aviv, company president and chief executive officer Mr Kramer Ephraim of Eshet Tours is conducting charter flights to various destinations in Africa and the world, as well as sending groups on regular flights,” read the statement released, Tuesday.
“He said Eshet would start sending tourism groups on regular commercial flights to Zambia directly as at the moment their clients travel to Zambia via South Africa and Zimbabwe then connect to Livingstone. And the Minister said the deal would benefit both parties as Zambia has a lot to offer as a tourism destination of choice such as safari, diverse waterfalls and adventure tourism.”
Kalembwe stated that the Tourism Minister told Ephraim that Zambia persistently faced a challenge of air connectivity for more countries to visit and appreciate the country’s tourism.
“Dr Banda said the challenge has been opening up more connectivity to Zambia and that is the reason the Ministry is discussing with seasoned and established tour companies like Eshet Tours to open up the sector. He also invited Eshet Tours to the Zambia Travel Expo scheduled to take place in April, 2019, and the Zambia Tourism Agency would facilitate local logistics for media and travel agents that would attend the ZATEX under Eshet Tours in order to appreciate the diverse nature of Zambia’s tourism offering. Israel records about 7 million annual travels abroad out about 8.7 million people,” read the statement.
About Thomas Mulenga
Thomas Mulenga has a special interest in political news, current affairs, community and education news.
- Registrar of Societies playing foolish politics – NAREP - 31 May 2019
- Lungu committed to delivering health care services – Chilufya - 31 May 2019
- Austerity measures a sham – Kambwili - 31 May 2019
- NAREP opposes cancellation of agricultural shows in 3 provinces - 30 May 2019
- Kang’ombe’s victory in Sesheke petition a lesson to PF – UPND - 30 May 2019
- Police arrest 11, recover combat uniforms in Chalala (2,844 views)
- Too late for Ng’andu to catch the Patriotic Front runaway train (2,401 views)
- UNZA congratulates Prof Nalubamba on his coronation as senior chief (1,813 view)
- RDA, AVIC single sourcing deal pure corruption - Kambwili (1,808 view)
- UPND starts legal action against PF over "gay rights lies" (1,613 view)
- Commission of Inquiry into violence report is public information – Chipampe
- Zambia’ll be a war zone in 2021 if violence isn’t curtailed – Mpombo
- Police arrest 11, recover combat uniforms in Chalala
- Family members challenge newly installed Chief Nalubamba’s legitimacy in court
- Milupi doubts Zesco’s pending power import deal with Eskom
- UPND bringing misery, they're praying against rains so that people kick out PF - Lungu
- Lusaka woman denies committing adultery with Patrick, Foreign Affairs PS
- Snake poison confusing Lungu, we've no powers to stop the rains - HH
- UPND starts legal action against PF over "gay rights lies"
- PF moves Parley motion to ban UPND for 'supporting gay rights'
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend