by Mirriam Chabala on 15 Oct 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Oct 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Oct 2019by Mukosha Funga on 15 Oct 2019
by Ulande Nkomesha on 15 Oct 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 13 Oct 2019by John Chola on 11 Oct 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 11 Oct 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 15 Oct 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 15 Oct 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 15 Oct 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 14 Oct 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Abraham Kalito on 15 Oct 2019by Abraham Kalito on 15 Oct 2019by Abraham Kalito on 8 Oct 2019by Abraham Kalito on 7 Oct 2019
by Diggers Editor on 15 Oct 2019by Diggers Editor on 13 Oct 2019by Diggers Editor on 11 Oct 2019by Diggers Editor on 10 Oct 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Simon Manda, PhD on 14 Oct 2019by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 30 Sep 2019by Douty Chibamba on 25 Sep 2019by Chibamba Kanyama on 25 Sep 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Felix Kashweka on 4 Oct 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 28 Sep 2019by Douty Chibamba on 25 Sep 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 24 Sep 2019
Sampa orders removal of Hybrid Chicken statue at ChainamaBy Zondiwe Mbewe on 26 Feb 2019
Lusaka Mayor Miles Sampa has directed Hybrid Poultry Farming to remove its chicken statue from the Chainama roundabout within the next two weeks, saying it was not conforming to the council standards.
In a letter addressed to Hybrid Poultry Farming Country Director Huw Morris, Monday, Sampa ordered the company to remove its chicken statute from inside the Chainama roundabout and place it either on the road leading to Hybrid or in the Chamba Valley area.
He explained that the policy at Lusaka City Council (LCC) was that roundabouts in Lusaka should be simple with green grass and a fountain or national hero statue in the middle, adding that any other form of advertising should be placed outside the roundabout, not inside.
“Further to my letter of enquiry and consequent meeting we had in my office last week, I wish to reiterate as follows: (i) Our current policy on all roundabouts in the city is to have them simple, green with grass and a fountain or national hero statue in the middle. (ii) All billboards or any other form of advertising can be placed outside the roundabout and not inside. (iii) I, therefore, instruct that the Hybrid chicken statue be removed from the inside of the Chainama roundabout within the next two weeks. (iv) The chicken statue can be placed outside on the road leading to Hybrid or Chamba Valley area. We anticipate and thank you in advance for helping us keep Lusaka clean and uniform,” stated Sampa.
About Zondiwe Mbewe
Zondiwe has interest in writing political and current affairs on issues which affect every Zambians.
Email: zondiwe [at] diggers [dot] news
- Family members challenge newly installed Chief Nalubamba’s legitimacy in court - 15 Oct 2019
- I smoke marijuana to cool my temper, Lusaka man tells court - 15 Oct 2019
- Siwale asks High Court to halt his Defamation of the President case - 15 Oct 2019
- Lungu can’t be compelled to avail Mutembo report on his dismissal – Kalaluka - 14 Oct 2019
- UPND a strong opposition party, will remain that way beyond 2021 – Minister - 14 Oct 2019
- Police arrest 11, recover combat uniforms in Chalala (2,844 views)
- Too late for Ng’andu to catch the Patriotic Front runaway train (2,401 views)
- UNZA congratulates Prof Nalubamba on his coronation as senior chief (1,813 view)
- RDA, AVIC single sourcing deal pure corruption - Kambwili (1,808 view)
- UPND starts legal action against PF over "gay rights lies" (1,613 view)
- Commission of Inquiry into violence report is public information – Chipampe
- Zambia’ll be a war zone in 2021 if violence isn’t curtailed – Mpombo
- Police arrest 11, recover combat uniforms in Chalala
- Family members challenge newly installed Chief Nalubamba’s legitimacy in court
- Milupi doubts Zesco’s pending power import deal with Eskom
- UPND bringing misery, they're praying against rains so that people kick out PF - Lungu
- Lusaka woman denies committing adultery with Patrick, Foreign Affairs PS
- Snake poison confusing Lungu, we've no powers to stop the rains - HH
- UPND starts legal action against PF over "gay rights lies"
- PF moves Parley motion to ban UPND for 'supporting gay rights'
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend