by Mirriam Chabala on 19 Oct 2019by Julia Malunga on 18 Oct 2019by Natasha Sakala on 17 Oct 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 17 Oct 2019
by Natasha Sakala on 17 Oct 2019by Natasha Sakala on 15 Oct 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 15 Oct 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 13 Oct 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 17 Oct 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 16 Oct 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 16 Oct 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 16 Oct 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Abraham Kalito on 15 Oct 2019by Abraham Kalito on 15 Oct 2019by Abraham Kalito on 8 Oct 2019by Abraham Kalito on 7 Oct 2019
by Diggers Editor on 19 Oct 2019by Diggers Editor on 18 Oct 2019by Diggers Editor on 16 Oct 2019by Diggers Editor on 15 Oct 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Douty Chibamba on 19 Oct 2019by Felicity Kayumba Kalunga on 18 Oct 2019by Patricia Scotland, Commonwealth Secretary-General on 17 Oct 2019by Simon Manda, PhD on 16 Oct 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Felix Kashweka on 4 Oct 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 28 Sep 2019by Douty Chibamba on 25 Sep 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 24 Sep 2019
IBA suspends Prime TV license for 30 daysBy Sipilisiwe Ncube on 4 Mar 2019
The Independent Broadcasting Authority (IBA) has suspended Prime TV from broadcasting for one month.
IBA Director General Josephine Mapoma announced this at a media briefing this morning citing unprofessional elements in its broadcasting through unbalanced coverage, opinionated news, materials likely to incite violence and use of derogatory language.
“Further to your hearing held on 1st March, 2019, the Board at its 16th Board Meeting resolved to suspend your license with immediate effect for 30 days. During the suspension period, the station is expected to conduct in-house training in basic journalism and news script writing,” stated Mapoma in a letter to Prime TV proprietor Gerald Shawa.
More details later.
About Sipilisiwe Ncube
Sipilisiwe Ncube has a background in radio news.
Email: sipilisiwe [at] diggers [dot] news
- UPND enjoys ‘punching holes on Lungu’, naya kumbuyo- Chalikosa - 17 Oct 2019
- It’s worthless to raise corrupt hands in prayer for prosperity without repentance – Musa - 17 Oct 2019
- You’re being dared, pull up your socks, Kampyongo tells law enforcement agencies - 17 Oct 2019
- Namugala curtails homosexuality debates - 17 Oct 2019
- 51 houses symptomatic of deeper problem – TIZ - 17 Oct 2019
- Tough decisions will be made despite close 2021 polls – Lungu (4,312 views)
- Police should not wear masks (1,684 view)
- Namugala curtails homosexuality debates (1,179 view)
- Load shedding: The underlying causes that we are overlooking (863 views)
- Benny Zulu led us to the crime scene for reconstruction, Cop tells court (648 views)
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend