by Ulande Nkomesha on 14 Oct 2019by Julia Malunga on 14 Oct 2019by Julia Malunga on 14 Oct 2019by Julia Malunga on 14 Oct 2019
by Ulande Nkomesha on 13 Oct 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 11 Oct 2019by Natasha Sakala on 11 Oct 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 10 Oct 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 14 Oct 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 14 Oct 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 11 Oct 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 11 Oct 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Abraham Kalito on 8 Oct 2019by Abraham Kalito on 7 Oct 2019by By Tim Zulu and Abraham Kalito on 7 Oct 2019by Abraham Kalito on 4 Oct 2019
by Diggers Editor on 13 Oct 2019by Diggers Editor on 11 Oct 2019by Diggers Editor on 10 Oct 2019by Diggers Editor on 9 Oct 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Simon Manda, PhD on 14 Oct 2019by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 30 Sep 2019by Douty Chibamba on 25 Sep 2019by Chibamba Kanyama on 25 Sep 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Felix Kashweka on 4 Oct 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 28 Sep 2019by Douty Chibamba on 25 Sep 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 24 Sep 2019
Media freedom in Zambia under threat, observes UK MinisterBy Sipilisiwe Ncube on 14 Mar 2019
UK Minister of State for Africa, Foreign Office and DFID Harriett Baldwin says freedom of expression and media in Zambia is under threat as evidenced by the closure of Prime TV.
In her Tweet, Baldwin expressed concern over the closure of Prime TV especially that it was happening in a country with a promising democratic record to uphold.
“#CommonwealthDay #Zambia Concerned at official action against Zambian independent station Prime TV. Further evidence that freedom of expression & media is under threat in Zambia, a country with a promising democratic record to uphold,” read Baldwin’s tweet.
Baldwin had visited Zambia in July 2018 and observed that Zambia had a promising democratic record which she thought needed to be upheld.
About Sipilisiwe Ncube
Sipilisiwe Ncube has a background in radio news.
Email: sipilisiwe [at] diggers [dot] news
- UTH hikes user fees - 14 Oct 2019
- Shang’ombo MP goes on hunger strike at Parley in protest against PF - 14 Oct 2019
- 51 mysterious houses’ case not closed until owners are found, Wina tells Parley - 14 Oct 2019
- UNZA congratulates Prof Nalubamba on his coronation as senior chief - 14 Oct 2019
- Gun-toting cadres have usurped police powers – Fr Cleophas - 14 Oct 2019
- Too late for Ng’andu to catch the Patriotic Front runaway train (2,041 views)
- Kalaluka fights LAZ's subpoenas against himself, Lubinda (1,114 view)
- UPND starts legal action against PF over "gay rights lies" (1,027 view)
- Don’t blame climate change but corruption for economic crisis - KBF (1,003 view)
- UNZA congratulates Prof Nalubamba on his coronation as senior chief (981 views)
- UPND bringing misery, they're praying against rains so that people kick out PF - Lungu
- Lusaka woman denies committing adultery with Patrick, Foreign Affairs PS
- Snake poison confusing Lungu, we've no powers to stop the rains - HH
- PF moves Parley motion to ban UPND for 'supporting gay rights'
- Police lied about Kaoma shooting, with impunity
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend