by Mirriam Chabala on 15 Oct 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Oct 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Oct 2019by Mukosha Funga on 15 Oct 2019
by Ulande Nkomesha on 15 Oct 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 13 Oct 2019by John Chola on 11 Oct 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 11 Oct 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 15 Oct 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 15 Oct 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 15 Oct 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 14 Oct 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Abraham Kalito on 15 Oct 2019by Abraham Kalito on 15 Oct 2019by Abraham Kalito on 8 Oct 2019by Abraham Kalito on 7 Oct 2019
by Diggers Editor on 15 Oct 2019by Diggers Editor on 13 Oct 2019by Diggers Editor on 11 Oct 2019by Diggers Editor on 10 Oct 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Simon Manda, PhD on 14 Oct 2019by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 30 Sep 2019by Douty Chibamba on 25 Sep 2019by Chibamba Kanyama on 25 Sep 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Felix Kashweka on 4 Oct 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 28 Sep 2019by Douty Chibamba on 25 Sep 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 24 Sep 2019
Kambwili unveils shadow cabinet, drops MusengeBy Sipilisiwe Ncube on 18 Apr 2019
NDC president Chishimba Kambwili has dropped Mwenya Musenge from the position of Secretary General to member of central committee in charge of chiefs and traditional affairs.
At a press briefing, Thursday, Kambwili announced that he had officially accepted to lead the NDC and unveiled his shadow cabinet.
“My discourse today will be extremely short, that I gave accepted the endorsement from the national management committee that I become the president of this political party. It is now my honour and privilege to accept the presidency of the party with immediate effect. And in consultation with Central Committee, the following changes have been made: honorable Mwenya Musenge has been dropped from the position of Secretary General and I have appointed Mrs Bridget Atanga as the new Secretary General of the NDC. And I want to warn Mr Mwenya Musenge, he should not masquerade as the Secretary General of NDC and I want to tell all Media houses that legal action will be taken against all Media houses that are going to invite and refer to Mwenya Musenge as Secretary General of NDC. Our Secretary General is Mrs Bridget Atanga. Mr Mwenya Musenge has been moved to the position of member of central committee or indeed chairman of Chiefs and traditional affairs,” said Kambwili.
“I have also moved Professor Atanga from being chairman of Education to being chairman of mines. I have appointed honorable (Joseph) Chishala as new member of central committee and chairman of Labour. Mrs Saboi Imboela will double as spokesperson of the party and chairperson for gender. Mr Misheck Moyo will now be member of central committee for information and broadcasting. Mr Kaonga moves from tourism to agriculture. Mr Luhila takes over as chairman of tourism. Mr Menyani Zulu takes over as chairman of elections. Mr Ackson Smwiza has been dropped as member of central committee. He becomes an ordinary member of the party. If he so wish, he can stand for election as a ward chairman. The other portfolios of the central committee will be announced at the next press briefing.”
About Sipilisiwe Ncube
Sipilisiwe Ncube has a background in radio news.
Email: sipilisiwe [at] diggers [dot] news
- Zambia’ll be a war zone in 2021 if violence isn’t curtailed – Mpombo - 15 Oct 2019
- Police arrest 11, recover combat uniforms in Chalala - 15 Oct 2019
- Zambia to pray for “wisdom to deal with hunger crisis” on Friday - 15 Oct 2019
- UTH hikes user fees - 14 Oct 2019
- Shang’ombo MP goes on hunger strike at Parley in protest against PF - 14 Oct 2019
- Police arrest 11, recover combat uniforms in Chalala (3,172 views)
- RDA, AVIC single sourcing deal pure corruption - Kambwili (1,410 view)
- Family members challenge newly installed Chief Nalubamba's legitimacy in court (1,152 view)
- UNZA congratulates Prof Nalubamba on his coronation as senior chief (1,106 view)
- UTH hikes user fees (1,021 view)
- Commission of Inquiry into violence report is public information – Chipampe
- Zambia’ll be a war zone in 2021 if violence isn’t curtailed – Mpombo
- Police arrest 11, recover combat uniforms in Chalala
- Family members challenge newly installed Chief Nalubamba’s legitimacy in court
- Milupi doubts Zesco’s pending power import deal with Eskom
- UPND bringing misery, they're praying against rains so that people kick out PF - Lungu
- Lusaka woman denies committing adultery with Patrick, Foreign Affairs PS
- Snake poison confusing Lungu, we've no powers to stop the rains - HH
- UPND starts legal action against PF over "gay rights lies"
- PF moves Parley motion to ban UPND for 'supporting gay rights'
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend