by Julia Malunga on 20 Sep 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 20 Sep 2019by Natasha Sakala on 20 Sep 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 20 Sep 2019
by Stuart Lisulo on 19 Sep 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 19 Sep 2019by Julia Malunga on 17 Sep 2019by Stuart Lisulo on 17 Sep 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 20 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 18 Sep 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Mazuba Muleya on 18 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 17 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019
by Diggers Editor on 20 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 19 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 18 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 17 Sep 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Simon Manda, PhD on 16 Sep 2019by Simon Manda, PhD on 7 Sep 2019by pilAto/ Fumba Chama on 7 Sep 2019by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 17 Aug 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Diggers Correspondent on 11 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019by Web Master on 27 Jun 2019
Criminals using Wina’s name to swindle people, warns policeBy Sipilisiwe Ncube on 21 May 2019
Police have launched an operation to fish out criminals who are using Vice-President Inonge Wina’s name to swindle members of the public via social media.
In a statement, Police spokesperson Esther Katongo said the said criminals have been using forged immigration documents in Wina’s name purporting to be application forms and appointment letters.
Katongo stated that the fraudsters have further been asking members of the public to send a results verification fee amounting to K1, 200 for successful candidates.
“We wish to inform members of the public that there is a scam where criminals are using forged documents in the name of the Vice-President of the Republic of Zambia, Her Honour, Mrs Inonge Mutukwa Wina to swindle unsuspecting members of the public through social media. One such document is a passport bearing her particulars. The criminals have also forged Immigration documents purporting to be application forms and appointment letters,” Katongo stated.
“The fake appointment letter reads in part ‘your job processing is going on and we want to inform you that your name has been registered in the ICT unit of the staff and employed government organisation of Zambia Immigration worldwide and your salary is K18,000 and you are to pay K1,200 for your authentication of your result and two weeks training with feeding allowance with accommodation while training, your transport and accommodation will be taken care of by the Zambia immigration and you are to pay directly to the Zambia Immigration Secretary Melinda Ngandwe. The immigration will call you after your payment’.”
Katongo has since cautioned members of the public to be weary of such criminals and avoid falling prey.
“They have also provided a ZANACO Bank account in the name of Mwale Nonde in which money is to be deposited. We therefore urge members of the public to be wary of such adverts and should not fall prey to these criminals by avoiding paying attention to such adverts and by avoiding sending money to the account provided. Investigations have been instituted in the matter so that the criminals behind this scam are brought to book,” stated Katongo.
About Sipilisiwe Ncube
Sipilisiwe Ncube has a background in radio news.
Email: sipilisiwe [at] diggers [dot] news
- Lungu forcing self-driven Constitution on Zambians – Milupi - 20 Sep 2019
- We’re poorly funded to fight all corruption – ACC - 19 Sep 2019
- Zambia plans maize exports to DRC - 19 Sep 2019
- Zambeef driver commits suicide - 19 Sep 2019
- 2020 budget should clear K1.2 billion owed to medical suppliers, demands PSZ - 18 Sep 2019
- Thanks to Goswami, Lungu’s chickens are coming home to roost (10,502 views)
- UK responds with relief food to hunger disaster (1,810 view)
- PF need a miracle to pass Bill 10 – Nkombo (1,045 view)
- Power is like buttocks, when you go up, prepare to go down (849 views)
- Lungu’s continued association with Findlay damaging the Presidency - KBF (847 views)
- It’s against separation of powers for Parley to supervise executive – PF
- Continued abuse of Zesco will sustain Zambia’s power deficit – PAC
- PF need a miracle to pass Bill 10 – Nkombo
- 7 Lumwana expatriates were lawfully fired, company tells court
- Lungu forcing self-driven Constitution on Zambians – Milupi
- Zesco tariffs to go up by 75%, we also need to revise fuel prices - Minister
- HH shouldn’t be moving around like a cockroach in the kitchen - Bowman
- Germany ambassador offers to help FAZ find a coach
- Airtel agent in court for defiling wife’s sisters
- We warned Lungu over his friendship with Valden Findlay
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend