- by Natasha Sakala on 24 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 23 Aug 2019by Julia Malunga on 23 Aug 2019by Julia Malunga on 23 Aug 2019
- by Stuart Lisulo on 23 Aug 2019by Stuart Lisulo on 22 Aug 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 22 Aug 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 21 Aug 2019
- by Joseph Mwenda on 23 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 23 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 23 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 23 Aug 2019
- Goal Diggers
- by Abraham Kalito on 23 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 23 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 8 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 8 Aug 2019
- by Diggers Editor on 24 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 22 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 21 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 20 Aug 2019
- Guest Diggers
- by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 17 Aug 2019by CUTS on 4 Aug 2019by Kangwa Muyunda on 3 Aug 2019by Rueben Lifuka on 31 Jul 2019
- Editor's Choice
- by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
- by Diggers Correspondent on 11 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019by Web Master on 27 Jun 2019
Woman sustains serious burns in road accidentBy Diggers Reporter on 22 May 2019
A 33-year-old woman has sustained serious burns after a Hino truck she was traveling in caught fire after being involved in an accident in Luangwa.
According to a statement from police spokesperson Esther Mwaata Katongo narrated that the accident occurred around 07:00 hours, Tuesday.
“One person has sustained serious burns in a fire ignited after an accident which happened at Nchoncho area of Luangwa District today, on 21st May, 2019 at about 07:00 hours involving three motor vehicles namely a Hino Truck registration number BAJ 7546 driven by Innocent Maliti aged 35 of Lusaka’s Kanyama, a Freight liner truck registration number NU 8683 driven by Ibrahim Kanyangama of Blantyre in Malawi and a Juldan Marcopolo bus registration number ABP 8905 driven by David Mazamba aged 46,” Katongo stated.
“The accident happened when the Hino truck moving in the eastern direction tried to by-pass a Volvo truck property of Aliboo trading heading in the same direction but had stopped right on the road at a curve, and in the process collided with the oncoming freight liner causing the fire and the Juldan bus which was moving behind the Hino Truck hit into the Hino.”
She stated that the female victim had been referred to the University Teaching Hospital in Lusaka for treatment.
“The female victim identified as Maria Mahombe aged 33 of Luangwa who was a passenger on a Hino truck was rushed to Mumpanshya medical centre and has been referred to UTH while the driver of the Hino truck escaped with minor burns. Contrary to what is circulating on social media, there was no fatality in the accident,” stated Katongo.
About Diggers Reporter
The Diggers Reporter brings you all the latest news.
- Mwitwa gives Tutwa 24 hours to apologize - 17 Aug 2019
- UPND urges Nshindano to “clean up mess at ECZ” - 15 Aug 2019
- By-elections unnecessary drain on Treasury – Mutati - 13 Aug 2019
- 1,500 people in Mpulungu to receive free meat packages as Muslims celebrate Eid - 12 Aug 2019
- UPND vows to block Constitution Amendment Bill - 6 Aug 2019
- Mwenye's corruption remarks irk PF (3,034 views)
- ConCourt has no powers to hear Bill 10 - Kalaluka (2,135 views)
- If austerity measures were working, we wouldn't be having these problems – BoZ (1,856 view)
- Zesco announces increased load-shedding (1,420 view)
- Forget the Damn headline, did you get the message? (1,072 view)
- Indeed, the Speaker is being mischievous on Amendment Bill 10
- LAZ warns Speaker, MPs of contempt over Bill 10
- SA High Court rejects ZCCM’s arbitration appeal with costs
- Govt’s job is not to defend the corrupt, but prosecute them – Mwenye
- TIZ asks Lungu to cancel Forest 27 plots, says ACC must investigate minister for abuse
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend