- by Joseph Mwenda on 24 Oct 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 24 Oct 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 23 Oct 2017by Patricia Mbewe and Anastasia Kasongo on 23 Oct 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mukosha Funga on 23 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 21 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 18 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 17 Oct 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 24 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 20 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 20 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 19 Oct 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by By Dr Canisius Banda on 9 Oct 2017by Brig Gen Godfrey Miyanda on 3 Oct 2017by Chishimba Kambwili on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Editor on 22 Sep 2017
- by Joseph Mwenda on 19 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 19 Oct 2017by Aleksander Pichkur on 16 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 16 Oct 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 23 Oct 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 14 Sep 2017by Guest Digger on 8 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 3 Sep 2017
Mwanakatwe forms financial cooperative for civil servantsBy Karen Mwelwa on 13 Jul 2017
Commerce, Trade and Industry Minister Margaret Mwanakatwe has formed a Civil Service and Allied Workers of Zambia Saving and Credit Cooperative Society Limited (CSAWZ-SACCOS) whose core mandate will be to improve members’ standard of living through financial cooperation.
Speaking when she launched the CSAWZ-SACCOS, Mwanakatwe said the move to form the cooperation endorsed governments’ cherished belief that the social and economic development for Zambia would only be facilitated by Zambians themselves.
“It is important to enhance professionalism in this SACCOS by adhering to cooperative ethical standards such as honesty, openness, social responsibility and caring for others. This will entail putting in place leadership and management capacities within your society that will be able to deliver to the members’ satisfaction,” Mwanakatwe said.
“In line with the SACCOS vision which is to become the preferred financial service provider to all civil servants. I am reliably informed that a lot of consultants were carried out in the planning process of the eventual setting up of this SACCOS.I would therefore, like to commend you and your board for the vision and leadership you have shown in starting a financial cooperative for the civil service and public workers in general. This is indeed a great milestone.”
Mwanakatwe also said government was committed to ensuring that Zambians set up different types of cooperatives and further urged financial cooperatives to make significant contribution to the country.
“Therefore, with greater participation of all civil servants and other public workers, it is anticipated that the SACCOS will help and improve members’ standard of living,” she said.
Speaking at the same event, Civil Service and Allied Workers of Zambia –Savings and Credit and Allied Workers of Zambia (CSAWZ-SACCOS )Chairperson Agness Singila, said her cooperation regarded government as a partner in promoting the development of financial cooperatives.
“We therefore appeal and expect government to come up with effective policies that will strengthen operations of the financial cooperatives and streamline the regulatory process. Given that financial cooperatives are key institutions in social economic development in our country, we would like to strongly appeal to other cooperators that we begin to look at strengthening of the operations of a strong national Apex body that will embrace the interests of all financial cooperatives,” said Singila.
About Karen Mwelwa
Karen is a Zambia journalist interested in political, business and social news
- Fashion, Mwepu net one each - 23 Oct 2017
- Celebrating 53 years of Independence without Bill of Rights shameful – FODEP - 23 Oct 2017
- Shamujompa to stay at Power - 23 Oct 2017
- I was honored to host Jerabos at my house – HH - 22 Oct 2017
- MP pins Mabumba on low fuel prices during elections - 21 Oct 2017
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «October 2017»
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend