by Omphile Ndlovu on 21 Sep 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 21 Sep 2019by Julia Malunga on 20 Sep 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 20 Sep 2019
by Stuart Lisulo on 19 Sep 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 19 Sep 2019by Julia Malunga on 17 Sep 2019by Stuart Lisulo on 17 Sep 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 20 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 18 Sep 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Mazuba Muleya on 18 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 17 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019
by Diggers Editor on 20 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 19 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 18 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 17 Sep 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Simon Manda, PhD on 16 Sep 2019by Simon Manda, PhD on 7 Sep 2019by pilAto/ Fumba Chama on 7 Sep 2019by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 17 Aug 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Diggers Correspondent on 11 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019by Web Master on 27 Jun 2019
CEC signs contact to supply 78MW to DRCBy Stuart Lisulo on 30 Jul 2018
The Copperbelt Energy Corporation Plc has signed a long-term contract to supply up to 78 megawatts (MW) of electricity to Metalkol SA, a major cobalt and copper tailings reprocessing operation in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC).
According to market announcement released through the Stock Exchange News Service (SENS), CEC will commence supply of the 78MW in two phases.
“CEC” is pleased to inform its shareholders and the general public that the company has signed a long-term contract to supply up to 78MW of electricity to Metalkol SA, a major cobalt and copper tailings reprocessing operation in the DRC. The contract, agreed with the Metalkol and DRC’s national electricity company Societe National d’Electricite (SNEL), secures electricity supply to Metalkol for up to ten years in two phases,” read the announcement.
“The first phase, to deliver a total of 62MW, will run until the second quarter of 2019; following, which power supply will ramp up to 78MW per year during the second phase and for the remainder of the contract.”
According to the market announcement, CEC managing director Owen Silavwe described the agreement as a demonstration of CEC’s commitment, agility and promise to meet the specific and unique requirements of customers in Zambia and the DRC market, and a reaffirmation of the company’s growing partnership with SNEL and the mining community in the DRC.
Metalkol is owned by Eurasian Resources Group (ERG), a leading diversified natural resources group, and is also a low-cost hydro-metallurgical facility.
About Stuart Lisulo
Stuart Lisulo is an experienced journalist with a focus on business news.
Email: stuart [at] diggers [dot] news
- 20,000 mining jobs at risk due to sales tax, Chamber warns - 19 Sep 2019
- Bailiffs seize furniture, laptops from Atlas Mara - 19 Sep 2019
- Zesco tariffs to go up by 75%, we also need to revise fuel prices – Minister - 18 Sep 2019
- Insolvent Vodafone Zambia announces sale - 17 Sep 2019
- ZCCM-IH’s records 45% drop in profits - 13 Sep 2019
- Thanks to Goswami, Lungu’s chickens are coming home to roost (12,904 views)
- PF need a miracle to pass Bill 10 – Nkombo (2,070 views)
- UK responds with relief food to hunger disaster (2,064 views)
- Lungu’s continued association with Findlay damaging the Presidency - KBF (1,505 view)
- Power is like buttocks, when you go up, prepare to go down (1,038 view)
- Zesco tariffs to go up by 75%, we also need to revise fuel prices - Minister
- HH shouldn’t be moving around like a cockroach in the kitchen - Bowman
- Germany ambassador offers to help FAZ find a coach
- Airtel agent in court for defiling wife’s sisters
- We warned Lungu over his friendship with Valden Findlay
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend