- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Sep 2017by Mukosha Funga on 23 Sep 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 23 Sep 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 23 Sep 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mirriam Chabala on 23 Sep 2017by Mukosha Funga on 23 Sep 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 21 Sep 2017by Joseph Mwenda on 21 Sep 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 23 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Sep 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Diggers Editor on 22 Sep 2017by Elias Munshya on 18 Sep 2017by President Edgar Lungu on 13 Sep 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 10 Sep 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 14 Sep 2017by Guest Digger on 8 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 3 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017
Longwe to face judgment on April 13By Elias Banda on 10 Feb 2017
THE Lusaka High Court has set April 13 as judgement date in a matter in which Precious Longwe is charged with murdering her husband Lubinda Litebele.
Longwe this morning closed defense and her lawyer Osborne Ngoma is expected to file written submissions from witnesses on March 3 and the state will file its submissions on March 17.
Testifying before Judge Sharon Newa today, Precious’ father Alfonso Longwe testified that Lubinda abrogated the Chewa tradition when he called Precious’s mother at night to complain about marital problems saying he should have called his marriage counselor.
He claimed that the text message which Precious sent to Lubinda on the fateful night that he would pay for calling her parents over marital problems implied that he would be fined a chicken; according to the Chewa tradition.
He also told the court that his late son-in-law was unfaithful in his marriage as he had a child outside wedlock.
It is alleged that Precious, 31, on May 25, 2016 shot dead her husband after a dispute.
Precious is also appearing before the Lusaka Magistrate Court for theft of K200,000 from Banc ABC where she worked as a Customer Service Officer.Related Items
- It has now become a trend for traffic officers to be beaten - Munir Zulu
- Lungu has taken Zambians for fools – Chipimo
- Zambian professor melts hearts for helping single mother baby sit in his class
- It's hard to believe Kambwili's accusations in the absence of evidence - Wynter
- Kampyongo got three cars for awarding fire tender contract to Grandview - Kambwili
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «September 2017»
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend