- by Mukosha Funga on 26 Jul 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 26 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 26 Jul 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 26 Jul 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Diggers Correspondent on 26 Jul 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 26 Jul 2017by Joseph Mwenda on 26 Jul 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 24 Jul 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 26 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 26 Jul 2017by Diggers Reporter on 26 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 26 Jul 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Dickson Jere on 26 Jul 2017by Hakainde Hichilema on 20 Jul 2017by Laura Miti on 13 Jul 2017by Stella Sata Rukayi on 8 Jul 2017
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Jul 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 16 Jul 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 15 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 26 Jun 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 25 Jul 2017by David Julian Wightman on 8 Jul 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 6 Jul 2017by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 2 Jul 2017
Longwe to face judgment on April 13By Elias Banda on 10 Feb 2017
THE Lusaka High Court has set April 13 as judgement date in a matter in which Precious Longwe is charged with murdering her husband Lubinda Litebele.
Longwe this morning closed defense and her lawyer Osborne Ngoma is expected to file written submissions from witnesses on March 3 and the state will file its submissions on March 17.
Testifying before Judge Sharon Newa today, Precious’ father Alfonso Longwe testified that Lubinda abrogated the Chewa tradition when he called Precious’s mother at night to complain about marital problems saying he should have called his marriage counselor.
He claimed that the text message which Precious sent to Lubinda on the fateful night that he would pay for calling her parents over marital problems implied that he would be fined a chicken; according to the Chewa tradition.
He also told the court that his late son-in-law was unfaithful in his marriage as he had a child outside wedlock.
It is alleged that Precious, 31, on May 25, 2016 shot dead her husband after a dispute.
Precious is also appearing before the Lusaka Magistrate Court for theft of K200,000 from Banc ABC where she worked as a Customer Service Officer.Related Items
Weekly Most Digged
- «July 2017»
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend