- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Dec 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 14 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 14 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 14 Dec 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mirriam Chabala on 14 Dec 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 13 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 11 Dec 2017by William Chileshe on 8 Dec 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 14 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 13 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 12 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 12 Dec 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Diggers Editor on 10 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 8 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 6 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 2 Dec 2017
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 12 Dec 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 5 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 30 Nov 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 29 Nov 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Chibamba Kanyama on 26 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 18 Nov 2017by Ambassador Eric Schultz on 13 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 9 Nov 2017
Court refuses to quash Nchima’s personation chargeBy Elias Banda on 21 Apr 2017
LUSAKA magistrate Greenwell Malumani has refused to quash a personation charge slapped on Nchima Nchito State Counsel advising the latter to appeal to the High Court if unsatisfied.
Nchima is accused of personating as an advocate for Post Newspapers Limited.
The case was commenced as a way of complaint by a former Post employee Abel Mboozi two months ago.
Nchima’s lawyers, Musa Mwenya State Counsel and Chisuwo Hamwela had asked the court to quash the indictment because it did not reveal any criminal offence.
Mwenye also opposed the application by private prosecutor Kelvin Bwalya Fube to amend the charge arguing that omission of ingredients on the charge could not be cured by an amendment.
But magistrate Malumani ruled that the said charge was already admitted before court and therefore he could not quash it.
He advised the accused to appeal the matter to the High Court if he was not satisfied.
Hamwela then requested the court to guide on what steps to take next regarding the procedure to appeal the case.
KBF however chipped in and contended that it was too late to seek further guidance on the procedure to appeal the case considering that the complaint was filed in February.
He suggested that he would engage the defense on the way forward.
The matter was adjourned to May 16.
About Elias Banda
Elias Banda is interested in lifestyle and human interest stories and he brings a unique perspective.
Email: elias [at] diggers [dot] news
- Kamondo urges ConCourt to dismiss Masumba’s appeal - 29 May 2017
- Keith Mukata’s ‘wife’ attracts attention at court - 19 May 2017
- Judge Nkonde stops LAZ from joining Post case - 5 May 2017
- ZRA wants to hide corruption, UPP tells Court - 2 May 2017
- Court refuses to quash Nchima’s personation charge - 21 Apr 2017
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «December 2017»
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend