- by Joseph Mwenda on 23 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 23 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Aug 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Joseph Mwenda on 23 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 23 Aug 2017by Joseph Mwenda on 22 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 21 Aug 2017
- by Mirriam Chabala on 23 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 23 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 21 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 21 Aug 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 22 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Aug 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Joseph Mwenda on 22 Aug 2017by Thomas Mulenga on 20 Aug 2017by Joseph Mwenda on 18 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 3 Aug 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 25 Jul 2017by David Julian Wightman on 8 Jul 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 6 Jul 2017
Court refuses to quash Nchima’s personation chargeBy Elias Banda on 21 Apr 2017
LUSAKA magistrate Greenwell Malumani has refused to quash a personation charge slapped on Nchima Nchito State Counsel advising the latter to appeal to the High Court if unsatisfied.
Nchima is accused of personating as an advocate for Post Newspapers Limited.
The case was commenced as a way of complaint by a former Post employee Abel Mboozi two months ago.
Nchima’s lawyers, Musa Mwenya State Counsel and Chisuwo Hamwela had asked the court to quash the indictment because it did not reveal any criminal offence.
Mwenye also opposed the application by private prosecutor Kelvin Bwalya Fube to amend the charge arguing that omission of ingredients on the charge could not be cured by an amendment.
But magistrate Malumani ruled that the said charge was already admitted before court and therefore he could not quash it.
He advised the accused to appeal the matter to the High Court if he was not satisfied.
Hamwela then requested the court to guide on what steps to take next regarding the procedure to appeal the case.
KBF however chipped in and contended that it was too late to seek further guidance on the procedure to appeal the case considering that the complaint was filed in February.
He suggested that he would engage the defense on the way forward.
The matter was adjourned to May 16.
About Elias Banda
Elias Banda is interested in lifestyle and human interest stories and he brings a unique perspective.
Email: elias [at] diggers [dot] news
- Kamondo urges ConCourt to dismiss Masumba’s appeal - 29 May 2017
- Keith Mukata’s ‘wife’ attracts attention at court - 19 May 2017
- Judge Nkonde stops LAZ from joining Post case - 5 May 2017
- ZRA wants to hide corruption, UPP tells Court - 2 May 2017
- Court refuses to quash Nchima’s personation charge - 21 Apr 2017
- Lungu would have pardoned HH if court convicted him, says Kampamba Mulenga
- Mopani announces planned retrenchment of 4,700 workers: We are left with no option
- Tujilijili drinking competition leaves winner dead
- HH relives memories from prison: We slept on the cold floor, used buckets as toilets
- Former Chipata mayor commits suicide
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «August 2017»
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend