by Abraham Kalito on 22 Mar 2018by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 22 Mar 2018by Mukosha Funga on 22 Mar 2018by Nancy Moonga on 22 Mar 2018
- Goal Diggers
by Mirriam Chabala on 22 Mar 2018by Mirriam Chabala on 21 Mar 2018by Nancy Moonga on 21 Mar 2018by Zondiwe Mbewe on 21 Mar 2018
by Daniel Chansa on 22 Mar 2018by Zondiwe Mbewe on 21 Mar 2018by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Mar 2018by Diggers Reporter on 7 Mar 2018
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Editor on 22 Mar 2018by Diggers Editor on 21 Mar 2018by Diggers Editor on 19 Mar 2018by Diggers Editor on 17 Mar 2018
by Felix Kashweka on 10 Mar 2018by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 2 Mar 2018by Felix Kashweka on 24 Feb 2018by Felix Kashweka on 24 Feb 2018
- Guest Diggers
GBM returns, confers with HH in courtBy Joseph Mwenda on 8 Jun 2017
UPND vice-president Geoffrey Bwalya Mwamba this morning got party supporters jubilating in court when he showed up unannounced.
Mwamba has been away since the Hakainde Hichilema treason trial started on April 11.
It was reported that Mwamba was avoiding being arrested and opted to stay out of the country.
His lawyers last week informed court in the case where he is charged with proposing violence against President Edgar Lungu that he was undergoing surgery abroad and he would stay away for two months.
But the hefty businessman made a dramatic return and got all court attendees up on their feet as they jostled to shake hands with him.
This was before hearing started in the HH treason case which was expected to come up for determination on whether to refer it to the High Court for without judicial review.
UPND supporters filled up the court room as soon as the doors were open at 08:20, leaving little room for those who could squeeze in and stand.
About 20 Minutes later GBM entered in the company of Major Richard Kachingwe and several other UPND officials, causing drama in the courtroom as his supporters chanted his name.
A few minutes later, HH and his co accused also came in, creating a emotional scene as the two opposition leaders hugged across the docket barrier.
“How are you doing?” GBM asked HH who responded, “I am doing well, how did you travel?”
The two continued to chat for about 15 minutes in low voices before the treason case was called.
HH then waved at his supporters, blew some kisses at them and proceeded to confer with his lawyers
About Joseph Mwenda
Joseph Mwenda is a Zambian journalist experienced in political news writing, photography and video editing.
Email: joseph [at] diggers [dot] news
- Auditor General must zero in on Presidential trips – TIZ - 19 Mar 2018
- Dickson Jere explains record high ZIALE pass rate - 18 Mar 2018
- Pick n Pay withdraws polony from stores after listeriosis outbreak in SA - 4 Mar 2018
- Police grab cellphones from MSL staff in pilferage probe - 2 Mar 2018
- Mwanakatwe marshals her team, wants civil servants salaries on time - 21 Feb 2018
- Police arrest Kambwili, slap him with 37 counts of having money suspected to be proceeds of crime
- Kalaba distances himself from extravagant spending on Lungu's trips
- KBF is nothing but a mercenary in the eyes of the PF leadership
- Judge Musona finally views 'missing' Munali violence video
- Father kills son, daughter, before committing suicide
- HPCZ drags Lafarge to court for operating illegal clinic, dispensing expired drugs
- Speaker orders Kambwili to apologise for ‘maligning’ Kampyongo, Grandview
- Investigative journalism key to development – Foote
- Increase tax on beer instead of making people pay borehole tax – Mwashingwele
- UZi will enhance competition, lower cost of mobile services – CCPC
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
ArchivesApr0 PostsMay0 PostsJun0 PostsJul0 PostsAug0 PostsSep0 PostsOct0 PostsNov0 PostsDec0 Posts
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend