by Stuart Lisulo on 16 Nov 2018by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 16 Nov 2018by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 16 Nov 2018by Mukosha Funga on 16 Nov 2018
- Goal Diggers
by Alex Chilumbwe on 15 Nov 2018by Alex Chilumbwe on 15 Nov 2018by Musambo Phiri on 11 Nov 2018by Alex Chilumbwe on 8 Nov 2018
by Abraham Kalito on 15 Nov 2018by John Chola on 15 Nov 2018by Abraham Kalito on 15 Nov 2018by Abraham Kalito on 13 Nov 2018
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 16 Nov 2018by Zondiwe Mbewe on 16 Nov 2018by Zondiwe Mbewe on 15 Nov 2018by Zondiwe Mbewe on 14 Nov 2018
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 16 Nov 2018by Professor Geoffrey Lungwangwa on 15 Nov 2018by Davies Mwila on 13 Nov 2018by Diggers Editor on 12 Nov 2018
by Diggers Editor on 16 Nov 2018by Diggers Editor on 15 Nov 2018by Diggers Editor on 14 Nov 2018by Diggers Editor on 13 Nov 2018
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 28 Sep 2018by Tenson Mkhala on 28 Sep 2018by Thomas Mulenga on 24 Sep 2018by Sampa Kabwela on 8 Sep 2018
- Guest Diggers
by CUTS on 16 Nov 2018by CUTS on 16 Nov 2018by Sampa Kabwela on 10 Nov 2018by Diggers Correspondent on 17 Oct 2018
GBM returns, confers with HH in courtBy Joseph Mwenda on 8 Jun 2017
UPND vice-president Geoffrey Bwalya Mwamba this morning got party supporters jubilating in court when he showed up unannounced.
Mwamba has been away since the Hakainde Hichilema treason trial started on April 11.
It was reported that Mwamba was avoiding being arrested and opted to stay out of the country.
His lawyers last week informed court in the case where he is charged with proposing violence against President Edgar Lungu that he was undergoing surgery abroad and he would stay away for two months.
But the hefty businessman made a dramatic return and got all court attendees up on their feet as they jostled to shake hands with him.
This was before hearing started in the HH treason case which was expected to come up for determination on whether to refer it to the High Court for without judicial review.
UPND supporters filled up the court room as soon as the doors were open at 08:20, leaving little room for those who could squeeze in and stand.
About 20 Minutes later GBM entered in the company of Major Richard Kachingwe and several other UPND officials, causing drama in the courtroom as his supporters chanted his name.
A few minutes later, HH and his co accused also came in, creating a emotional scene as the two opposition leaders hugged across the docket barrier.
“How are you doing?” GBM asked HH who responded, “I am doing well, how did you travel?”
The two continued to chat for about 15 minutes in low voices before the treason case was called.
HH then waved at his supporters, blew some kisses at them and proceeded to confer with his lawyers
About Joseph Mwenda
Joseph Mwenda is a Zambian journalist experienced in political news writing, photography and video editing.
Email: joseph [at] diggers [dot] news
- Kabwe resident condemns Central Province PF MPs’ fights - 16 Nov 2018
- I’m ready to die for the people, I won’t stop talking – HH - 13 Nov 2018
- UPND pushes HH’s police summon to next week - 13 Nov 2018
- Lungu fires Percy Chato, puts ex-police officer in charge of Prisons - 10 Nov 2018
- Police summon HH, as imminent arrest looms - 9 Nov 2018
- Minister condemns man harassing wife in viral video
- Parliament hears Chitotela's death threats on Mweetwa
- Husband beats Petauke DC after finding her with lover at motel
- Wynter eyeing PF presidency after Rainbow has failed - Kambwili
- Failed education system, symptomatic of a nation nursing a leadership crisis
- A tough climate and weakened economy: how debt concerns businesses and employees
- Govt orders FRA to give millers maize to avert crisis
- Times of Zambia denies owing former editor K587,406
- Govt allocates K2 million for new State House, House of Prayer
- W/Province PS admits misapplication of funds at Parley Committee
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend