- by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 19 Oct 2017by Joseph Mwenda on 19 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 19 Oct 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mirriam Chabala on 18 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 17 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 16 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 14 Oct 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 19 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Oct 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by By Dr Canisius Banda on 9 Oct 2017by Brig Gen Godfrey Miyanda on 3 Oct 2017by Chishimba Kambwili on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Editor on 22 Sep 2017
- by Joseph Mwenda on 19 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 19 Oct 2017by Aleksander Pichkur on 16 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 16 Oct 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 14 Sep 2017by Guest Digger on 8 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 3 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017
GBM returns, confers with HH in courtBy Joseph Mwenda on 8 Jun 2017
UPND vice-president Geoffrey Bwalya Mwamba this morning got party supporters jubilating in court when he showed up unannounced.
Mwamba has been away since the Hakainde Hichilema treason trial started on April 11.
It was reported that Mwamba was avoiding being arrested and opted to stay out of the country.
His lawyers last week informed court in the case where he is charged with proposing violence against President Edgar Lungu that he was undergoing surgery abroad and he would stay away for two months.
But the hefty businessman made a dramatic return and got all court attendees up on their feet as they jostled to shake hands with him.
This was before hearing started in the HH treason case which was expected to come up for determination on whether to refer it to the High Court for without judicial review.
UPND supporters filled up the court room as soon as the doors were open at 08:20, leaving little room for those who could squeeze in and stand.
About 20 Minutes later GBM entered in the company of Major Richard Kachingwe and several other UPND officials, causing drama in the courtroom as his supporters chanted his name.
A few minutes later, HH and his co accused also came in, creating a emotional scene as the two opposition leaders hugged across the docket barrier.
“How are you doing?” GBM asked HH who responded, “I am doing well, how did you travel?”
The two continued to chat for about 15 minutes in low voices before the treason case was called.
HH then waved at his supporters, blew some kisses at them and proceeded to confer with his lawyers
About Joseph Mwenda
Joseph Mwenda is a Zambian journalist experienced in political news writing, photography and video editing.
Email: joseph [at] diggers [dot] news
- State House angers Mpezeni: “they treat me like a beggar, I will never go there again” - 19 Oct 2017
- Meditating or snoring? Musenge’s prayer position sparks debate - 19 Oct 2017
- Lungu heads to Congo Brazzaville, then Ivory Coast - 16 Oct 2017
- Lusaka wife stabs hubby to death in his sleep - 15 Oct 2017
- Our fire tenders look like wheelbarrows – Minister - 15 Oct 2017
- Forgive me, I didn't know what I was doing when i declared October 18 a day of prayer - Lungu
- It was a PF provincial rally not a day of prayer - Kambwili
- Stop using criminal justice system to target critics, Amnesty International tells Lungu
- Kambwili tones down: "I'm off politicking for now"
- National Day of Prayer has divided the nation – Kabimba
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «October 2017»
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend