- by Mukosha Funga on 20 Aug 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 20 Aug 2017by Joseph Mwenda on 20 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 20 Aug 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Diggers Reporter on 20 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 19 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 18 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 17 Aug 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 18 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 17 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 16 Aug 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Thomas Mulenga on 20 Aug 2017by Joseph Mwenda on 18 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 3 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 31 Jul 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 25 Jul 2017by David Julian Wightman on 8 Jul 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 6 Jul 2017
Surety in trouble after GBM’s co-accused boltsBy Diggers Reporter on 24 Jun 2017
A surety in Geoffrey Bwalya Mwamba’s unlawful drilling case was yesterday detained after failing to find the accused person he bailed out.
This is a matter in which Mwamba, the UPND vice-president, is jointly charged with 20 UPND youths for unlawfully drilling.
When the case came up for mention, Principal resident magistrate Mwaka Mikalile remanded Obey Habeenzu a surety for GBM’s co-accused Cosmas Njobvu because the latter has not been attending court.
Magistrate Mikalile ordered Habeenzu to pay K10,000 in default three months imprisonment.
The court observed that it had been over two weeks since Habeenzu was told to trace the surety but he had failed to do so since March 30, 2017.
She said she had no option but to remand Habeenzu.
Habeenzu had told magistrate Mikalile that efforts to bring the accused to court proved fruitless as Njobvu was still at large.
According to the indictment, between February 13 and 27, 2016, GBM and 20 youths unlawfully assembled to drill and to be drilled to the use of arms or practice of military exercises, movements or evolutions.
Trial has not commenced in this matter.
About Diggers Reporter
- Peace is indispensable to development, Lungu tells SADC - 20 Aug 2017
- Resolve differences around Zambia-Canada Foreign and Investment Promotion Agreement - 20 Aug 2017
- Is Wedson quitting Chipolopolo? - 19 Aug 2017
- Bafana will fall, Shonga - 18 Aug 2017
- Lusaka Pastor gets 8yrs for defrauding residents - 18 Aug 2017
- There’s more to UNZA students than stone-throwing, says Deputy VC
- Allowing prisoners to vote will bring confusion- FDD
- Police block HH release celebrations in Western Province
- HH relives memories from prison: We slept on the cold floor, used buckets as toilets
- Peace is indispensable to development, Lungu tells SADC
Weekly Most Digged
- «August 2017»
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend