- Goal Diggers
- by Mirriam Chabala on 14 Dec 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 13 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 11 Dec 2017by William Chileshe on 8 Dec 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 14 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 13 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 12 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 12 Dec 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Diggers Editor on 10 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 8 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 6 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 2 Dec 2017
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 12 Dec 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 5 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 30 Nov 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 29 Nov 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Chibamba Kanyama on 26 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 18 Nov 2017by Ambassador Eric Schultz on 13 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 9 Nov 2017
Surety in trouble after GBM’s co-accused boltsBy Diggers Reporter on 24 Jun 2017
A surety in Geoffrey Bwalya Mwamba’s unlawful drilling case was yesterday detained after failing to find the accused person he bailed out.
This is a matter in which Mwamba, the UPND vice-president, is jointly charged with 20 UPND youths for unlawfully drilling.
When the case came up for mention, Principal resident magistrate Mwaka Mikalile remanded Obey Habeenzu a surety for GBM’s co-accused Cosmas Njobvu because the latter has not been attending court.
Magistrate Mikalile ordered Habeenzu to pay K10,000 in default three months imprisonment.
The court observed that it had been over two weeks since Habeenzu was told to trace the surety but he had failed to do so since March 30, 2017.
She said she had no option but to remand Habeenzu.
Habeenzu had told magistrate Mikalile that efforts to bring the accused to court proved fruitless as Njobvu was still at large.
According to the indictment, between February 13 and 27, 2016, GBM and 20 youths unlawfully assembled to drill and to be drilled to the use of arms or practice of military exercises, movements or evolutions.
Trial has not commenced in this matter.Related Items
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «December 2017»
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend