- by Mukosha Funga on 19 Aug 2017by Thomas Mulenga on 19 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 19 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 19 Aug 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mukosha Funga on 18 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 17 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 16 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 15 Aug 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 18 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 17 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 16 Aug 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Joseph Mwenda on 18 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 3 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 31 Jul 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 30 Jul 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 25 Jul 2017by David Julian Wightman on 8 Jul 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 6 Jul 2017
UPND want Lungu to join case regarding his eligibility to recontest presidencyBy Mukosha Funga on 26 Jul 2017
The United Party for National Development (UPND) has asked the Constitutional Court to join President Edgar Lungu and PF Secretary General Davies Mwila to the to the 2021 eligibility case saying their presence is necessary to ensure that all matters in dispute are determined.
This is in a case in which leaders of Christian Democratic Party, Zambia Republican Party, News Congress Party and Citizen Democratic Party; Dan Pule, Wright Musoma, Peter Chanda and Robert Mwanza respectively asked the ConCourt to determine whether President Lungu could stand in the next election.
In an affidavit in support of summons for an order of joinder, the UPND, through party secretary general Stephen Katuka, said President Lungu should be joined to the case as an applicant since he had publicly proclaimed that he qualified to stand in 2021.
Katuka also said Mwila should be equally joined to the case as he announced at a media briefing on Sunday that their party Central Committee had adopted Edgar Lungu as the PF’s preferred candidate for the 2021 Presidential elections.
He submitted that it was imperative that the question of Lungu’s future candidacy in Presidential elections should be conclusively determined in his presence.
Katuka added that President Lungu was likely to be affected by the decision of the court and must therefore be joined so that all questions of controversy could be determined in the presence of all parties involved.
Others who were joined as interested parties are the Law Association of Zambia and Brigadier General Geoffrey Miyanda.
About Mukosha Funga
Interested in good governance and youth empowerment.
- Maimane, Malema accept invitation to meet Lungu - 19 Aug 2017
- Mwanawasa was a visionary – HH - 19 Aug 2017
- Mwamba says Lungu has summoned S/Africa opposition - 19 Aug 2017
- Mopani warns employees of possible shutdown - 18 Aug 2017
- VJ questions SADC, AU silence over HH persecution - 18 Aug 2017
Weekly Most Digged
- «August 2017»
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend