by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Sep 2019by Diggers Reporter on 15 Sep 2019by Julia Malunga on 14 Sep 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 14 Sep 2019
by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Sep 2019by Stuart Lisulo on 13 Sep 2019by Natasha Sakala on 13 Sep 2019by Natasha Sakala on 13 Sep 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 13 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 13 Sep 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 13 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 13 Sep 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 12 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 11 Sep 2019
by Diggers Editor on 15 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 9 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 7 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 5 Sep 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Simon Manda, PhD on 7 Sep 2019by pilAto/ Fumba Chama on 7 Sep 2019by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 17 Aug 2019by CUTS on 4 Aug 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Diggers Correspondent on 11 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019by Web Master on 27 Jun 2019
Petauke Court jails interpreter, prosecutor 4 years for corruptionBy Thomas Mulenga on 8 May 2019
The Petauke Magistrates’ Court has sentenced Nyambe Mutwamo, 42, a senior public prosecutor at the National Prosecution Authority (NPA) and Pitman Banda, a court interpreter, to four years imprisonment for corruption involving K10,000.
In a statement, Tuesday, Anti-Corruption Commission (ACC) corporate affairs officer Christopher Chibanku stated that the two solicited and received K10,000 gratification as an inducement to facilitate the release of a Volvo truck belonging to Aaron Chizwa.
“The Petauke Magistrate Court has convicted both a senior public prosecutor and a court interpreter for corruption and sentenced them to four years imprisonment with hard labour. Lusaka Resident Magistrate honourable Nthandose Chabala sitting in Petauke District found Pitman Banda, a court interpreter, and Nyambe Mutwamo, a senior public prosecutor at National Prosecution Authority guilty of one count each of corrupt practices, contrary to the Anti-Corruption Act number 3 of 2012,” Chibanku stated.
“Particulars are that Pitman Banda, aged 37 of Garden Compound in Petauke District, on unknown dates but between 1st January, 2017, and 30th April, 2017, jointly and whilst acting together with others unknown, did corruptly solicit and actually received K10,000.00 cash gratification as an inducement to facilitate the release of a Volvo truck registration number ACZ 8394 belonging to Aaron Chizwa that had been impounded by the Drug Enforcement Commission. Further, Nyambe Mutwamo, aged 42, on unknown dates, but between 1st January, 2017, and 30th April, 2018, jointly and whilst acting together with other persons unknown, did aid and abet Pitman Banda in the commission of the offence of corrupt solicitation and receipt of K10,000 cash gratification as an inducement in order to facilitate the release of a Volvo truck registration number ACZ 8394 belonging to Aaron Chizwa that had been impounded by the Drug Enforcement Commission.”
He stated that the two were arrested last year by the ACC in connection with the offense.
“The Anti-Corruption Commission in July, 2018, jointly arrested and charged Pitman Banda and Nyambe Mutwamo with one count of Corrupt Practices, contrary to Section 19 sub section (1), and Section 40 sub section (1) of the Anti-Corruption Act Number 3 of 2012 of the laws of Zambia,” stated Chibanku.
About Thomas Mulenga
Thomas Mulenga has a special interest in political news, current affairs, community and education news.
- Registrar of Societies playing foolish politics – NAREP - 31 May 2019
- Lungu committed to delivering health care services – Chilufya - 31 May 2019
- Austerity measures a sham – Kambwili - 31 May 2019
- NAREP opposes cancellation of agricultural shows in 3 provinces - 30 May 2019
- Kang’ombe’s victory in Sesheke petition a lesson to PF – UPND - 30 May 2019
- If you don’t want to refine our constitution, we will refine it - Lungu (2,620 views)
- I'm not a drug dealer, I don't know Goswami, says Findlay (2,603 views)
- 4 Lusaka men sue Kaizer Zulu for kidnapping and beating them (1,459 view)
- Kambwili is already a dead man, no one can kill him – Mumbi (1,304 view)
- Govt deports Top Star's CEO (1,257 view)
- It makes us sad that we can't stick to load shedding schedule - Zesco
- Switch to cheaper food, Wina urges Zambians
- Findlay drug allegations shake State House as Lungu orders probe
- It's impossible to reduce mealie meal prices, brace for harder times, warns GBM
- Chipolopolo had horror moment in Brazzaville - FAZ
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend