by Julia Malunga on 20 Sep 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 20 Sep 2019by Natasha Sakala on 20 Sep 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 20 Sep 2019
by Stuart Lisulo on 19 Sep 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 19 Sep 2019by Julia Malunga on 17 Sep 2019by Stuart Lisulo on 17 Sep 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 20 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 18 Sep 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Mazuba Muleya on 18 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 17 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019
by Diggers Editor on 20 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 19 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 18 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 17 Sep 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Simon Manda, PhD on 16 Sep 2019by Simon Manda, PhD on 7 Sep 2019by pilAto/ Fumba Chama on 7 Sep 2019by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 17 Aug 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Diggers Correspondent on 11 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019by Web Master on 27 Jun 2019
Lusaka man in court for swindling ZCTU SG using president’s nameBy Zondiwe Mbewe on 20 May 2019
A 43-year-old man has been dragged to court for allegedly swindling Zambia Congress of Trade Union (ZCTU) secretary general Cosmas Mukuka out of K2,000 cash by falsely pretending it was meant to refuel a motor vehicle on Presidential duties.
Japhet Kalaba Mwelwe, a coordinator of farm 215A Mumbwa, is also charged with attempt to obtain money by false pretences.
It is alleged in the first count that Mwelwe on March 26 in Lusaka, with intent to deceive or defraud attempted to obtain K2,000 from Wilson Shane by falsely pretending that it was meant to refuel a motor vehicle on Presidential duties.
And in the second count, Mwelwe is alleged to have on the same date and with intent to deceive or defraud, obtained K2,000 cash from Mukuka by falsely pretending that it was meant for refuel of a motor vehicle on Presidential duties.
The accused however pleaded not guilty before Lusaka magistrate Albert Mwaba in both counts.
Trial in the matter has already commenced and is coming up for continued hearing on June 12, 2019.
Mwelwe was granted bail of K20,000 in own recognizance and was further ordered to provide two working sureties from reputable organisations and resident in Lusaka.
The two sureties are bound in the like sum each but in their own recognizance.
It is alleged that Mwelwe, who claimed to have been a PF member, approached Mukuka and got K2,000 by using the name of the party and that of the leadership.
Mwelwe also approached the Lusaka Water and Sewerage Company where he attempted to get K2,000 by using the name of the President but the company was suspicious and investigated the same and established that he was actually lying.
About Zondiwe Mbewe
Zondiwe has interest in writing political and current affairs on issues which affect every Zambians.
Email: zondiwe [at] diggers [dot] news
- 7 Lumwana expatriates were lawfully fired, company tells court - 20 Sep 2019
- Tutwa reports Sangwa to LAZ for “professional misconduct” - 19 Sep 2019
- ConCourt sets Sept 27 for ruling on preliminary issues in LAZ Bill 10 case - 19 Sep 2019
- 120 people sue UPPZ leader for fraud over land - 18 Sep 2019
- Miles asks court to reduce child maintenance fee to K1,500 - 18 Sep 2019
- Thanks to Goswami, Lungu’s chickens are coming home to roost (10,502 views)
- UK responds with relief food to hunger disaster (1,810 view)
- PF need a miracle to pass Bill 10 – Nkombo (1,045 view)
- Power is like buttocks, when you go up, prepare to go down (849 views)
- Lungu’s continued association with Findlay damaging the Presidency - KBF (847 views)
- It’s against separation of powers for Parley to supervise executive – PF
- Continued abuse of Zesco will sustain Zambia’s power deficit – PAC
- PF need a miracle to pass Bill 10 – Nkombo
- 7 Lumwana expatriates were lawfully fired, company tells court
- Lungu forcing self-driven Constitution on Zambians – Milupi
- Zesco tariffs to go up by 75%, we also need to revise fuel prices - Minister
- HH shouldn’t be moving around like a cockroach in the kitchen - Bowman
- Germany ambassador offers to help FAZ find a coach
- Airtel agent in court for defiling wife’s sisters
- We warned Lungu over his friendship with Valden Findlay
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend