by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Jul 2019by Mirriam Chabala on 23 Jul 2019by Mirriam Chabala on 23 Jul 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 23 Jul 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Natasha Sakala on 23 Jul 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Jul 2019by Stuart Lisulo on 21 Jul 2019by Mirriam Chabala on 18 Jul 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 23 Jul 2019by Daniel Chansa on 23 Jul 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 22 Jul 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 22 Jul 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Diggers Editor on 23 Jul 2019by Diggers Editor on 21 Jul 2019by Diggers Editor on 20 Jul 2019by Diggers Editor on 19 Jul 2019
by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019by Web Master on 27 Jun 2019by Mirriam Chabala on 26 Jun 2019by Martha Mwanza and Felix Kashweka on 21 Jun 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Prof Muna Ndulo on 21 Jul 2019by Dr Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 22 Jun 2019by Chewe Chishala on 22 Jun 2019by Chibamba Kanyama on 11 Jun 2019
Bwalya’s stay at Nkana excites clubBy Nelson Kazeze on 28 Dec 2016[easy-social-share counters=0 counter_pos="hidden" total_counter_pos="right" template="20" style="icon" point_type="simple"]
MTN/FAZ Super League 2016 golden boot winner Walter Bwalya has extended his stay at Nkana Football Club for two more years.
According to a statement issued by Kitwe giants’ spokesperson Lilian Musenge today, December 28, 2016, Bwalya, who has been with the club since July 2015 will now stay until July 2019.
Bwalya has scored 35 goals since his arrival from the Ndola outfit Forest Rangers and finished top on the 2016 top scorers’ sheet with 24 goals, nine better than second placed Jess Jackson Were of Zesco United.
And Nkana Football Club President Everisto Kabila could not hide his excitement over Bwalya’s contract extension saying the club needed to attract quality players in order to meet its objectives.
“I am very happy for the boy and for Zambian football because this is going to make the league competitive and more exciting as Zambian clubs are now able to return quality players amidst lots of interests from foreign clubs,” said Kabila in an interview.
Kabila also said the squad would be reinforced in some areas such as goal-keeping, defence and midfield before the 2017 soccer season commenced.
About Nelson Kazeze
Nelson Kazeze is a Zambian multi-skilled journalist with an emphasis on sports news.
Email: nelson [at] diggers [dot] news
- New Twist: Mayuka stays at Zamalek - 31 Jan 2017
- Zambia U-20 to face Amajita in international friendly - 31 Jan 2017
- Zesco United players pledge to fulfill target - 30 Jan 2017
- Napsa Stars sign Bageya, four others - 30 Jan 2017
- Zamalek wants Mayuka out - 28 Jan 2017
- Govt has very good case against Vedanta, but has messed up and will instead pay – Sishuwa
- State witness insists Ibex Hill properties belong to Chimese
- China should not be disadvantaged in sale of KCM – Musukwa
- Dismissing workers for late coming is too harsh, complains civil servants union
- Ndola man who mugged colleague to steal K20 gets 10yrs for manslaughter
Subscribe for email alerts