- Goal Diggers
- Guest Diggers
Patrick Phiri ditches Forest, joins Lusaka DynamosBy Nelson Kazeze on 19 Jan 2017
FORMER National team coach Patrick Phiri has left MTN/FAZ Super League side Forest Rangers and has joined Lusaka Dynamos as new coach.
According to a statement issued today January 19, 2017 by the club’s media relations officer Kausa Mbasela, Phiri tendered in his resignation yesterday.
Club Chairman, Benhail Mukuka confirmed that Phiri, who joined the team mid-way through the 2016 season and helped the club climb the ladder from battling relegation to a top 10 finish, tendered in his resignation citing ‘family reasons’.
“Mr Patrick Phiri tendered in his resignation letter to my office this morning, (yesterday) indicating family reasons as basis for his decision. He has since joined Lusaka Dynamos Football Club,” said Mukuka.
And Mukuka revealed that Perry Mutapa, who was Phiri’s assistant, had been appointed interim coach.
Meanwhile the club has also released striker Graven Chitalu, goal keeper Makasa Mufwaya, midfielder and former captain, Joseph Kamolondo.
Winger Innocent Mwaba is set to leave the club for Kitwe giants Nkana Football Club after the two teams agreed a K40,000 transfer fee.
About Nelson Kazeze
Nelson Kazeze is a Zambian multi-skilled journalist with an emphasis on sports news.
Email: nelson [at] diggers [dot] news
- New Twist: Mayuka stays at Zamalek - 31 Jan 2017
- Zambia U-20 to face Amajita in international friendly - 31 Jan 2017
- Zesco United players pledge to fulfill target - 30 Jan 2017
- Napsa Stars sign Bageya, four others - 30 Jan 2017
- Zamalek wants Mayuka out - 28 Jan 2017
- It’s inhuman for Chanda to undermine HH’s donation of soap, sanitisers – UPND (3,233 views)
- Is Kampyongo suggesting that slim people, like his appointing authority are HIV suspects? (2,720 views)
- UPND blames Nangula loss on COVID-19 (2,298 views)
- Kampyongo's mockery of people on ARVs unacceptable - NAC (2,156 views)
- We’re considering asking landlords to forego rentals amid COVID-19 – Siliya (1,693 view)
- COVID-19 is airborne? Why is Ministry of Health misleading us?
- Is Kampyongo suggesting that slim people, like his appointing authority are HIV suspects?
- We’re already on lockdown – Lungu
- Introduce SI to stop landlords from collecting rentals, Changala urges govt
- Why whip patrons if there's no lockdown?
Subscribe for news email alerts
ArchivesMay0 PostsJun0 PostsJul0 PostsAug0 PostsSep0 PostsOct0 PostsNov0 PostsDec0 Posts
- «April 2020»
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- It’s illegal for police to whip citizens – Mweetwa
- UNZA owes ZRA, others K2.8bn, as audit reveals mismanagement of funds
- PF’s Nangula victory a 2021 sample – Mundubile
- Tutwa refutes UPND’s Bill 10 bribery claims
- We’re considering asking landlords to forego rentals amid COVID-19 – Siliya
- Govt, FRA’s deal with millers failed to cut mealie meal prices – IAPRI
- Habitat urges govt to improve living conditions in unplanned settlements
- SACCORD hails PF, UPND for peaceful Nangula poll
- ZRA’s tax audit on media houses within its mandate but wrongly timed – MISA
- Kamusoko, Mangani on path to recovery
- Govt must carry out robust awareness campaign against COVID-19 – CSPR
- Siwale welcomes FIFA’s intervention in FAZ wrangles
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
[search_popup]Send this to a friend