by Mirriam Chabala on 19 Oct 2018by Joseph Mwenda on 19 Oct 2018by Abraham Kalito on 19 Oct 2018by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Oct 2018
- Goal Diggers
by Alex Chilumbwe on 19 Oct 2018by Alex Chilumbwe on 19 Oct 2018by Alex Chilumbwe on 19 Oct 2018by Alex Chilumbwe on 19 Oct 2018
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Oct 2018by Abraham Kalito on 19 Oct 2018by Stuart Lisulo on 18 Oct 2018by Abraham Kalito on 18 Oct 2018
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 18 Oct 2018by Zondiwe Mbewe on 18 Oct 2018by Zondiwe Mbewe on 17 Oct 2018by Zondiwe Mbewe on 17 Oct 2018
- Editor's Choice
by Chibamba Kanyama on 8 Oct 2018by WECREATE I ZAMBIA on 13 Sep 2018by Mukubesa Mundia on 27 Jul 2018by Percy Chanda, UPND on 15 Jun 2018
by Diggers Editor on 19 Oct 2018by Diggers Editor on 18 Oct 2018by Diggers Editor on 14 Oct 2018by Diggers Editor on 12 Oct 2018
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 28 Sep 2018by Tenson Mkhala on 28 Sep 2018by Thomas Mulenga on 24 Sep 2018by Sampa Kabwela on 8 Sep 2018
- Guest Diggers
by Diggers Correspondent on 17 Oct 2018by Diggers Correspondent on 17 Oct 2018by CUTS on 9 Oct 2018by CUTS on 2 Oct 2018
Mayuka explains absentia at ZamalekBy Nelson Kazeze on 25 Jan 2017
STRIKER Emmanuel Mayuka has cited communication challenges as one of the reasons why he was AWOL from Egyptian club Zamalek SC.
According to the club website, Mayuka managed to exculpate himself before club chairman Ahmed Murtada yesterday, January 24, 2017.
The club website indicated that during the meeting, Mayuka explained that he had communication challenges before his departure from the club and could not inform the club officials.
“I admit the player’s inability to access Zamalek officials while traveling because of a problem on his mobile phone. I rarely change my mind but after hearing his side of the story I had no choice but to do so,” said Murtda.
Murtada said the club had resolved the case and Mayuka would join his team mates in training today January 25, 2017.
He also expressed happiness with Mayuka’s weight loss and fitness levels adding that it would help him perform better ahead of next season.
Mayuka failed to return to Zamalek on time after the festive season forcing the club to lodge a complaint to FIFA over the conduct of the former Kabwe Warriors striker.
The striker only returned to Cairo on Monday.
About Nelson Kazeze
Nelson Kazeze is a Zambian multi-skilled journalist with an emphasis on sports news.
Email: nelson [at] diggers [dot] news
- New Twist: Mayuka stays at Zamalek - 31 Jan 2017
- Zambia U-20 to face Amajita in international friendly - 31 Jan 2017
- Zesco United players pledge to fulfill target - 30 Jan 2017
- Napsa Stars sign Bageya, four others - 30 Jan 2017
- Zamalek wants Mayuka out - 28 Jan 2017
- Police give Tayali 'painful protection' after beating by UPND cadres at court
- Auditor General's report details how Social Cash Transfer money was squandered
- Attendance roll call at Day of Prayer annoys civil servants
- Zambians react to scandals when its too late to reverse
- Arrested UNZA lecturer out on bond after three days in detention for "insulting Lungu"
- News Diggers! ePaper Edition 289 Friday October 19, 2018
- Zambia has no leadership that can stop theft of govt funds – Mulongoti
- Auditor General’s report details how Social Cash Transfer money was squandered
- Africa will have 1.3 billion more people by 2050, due to high fertility – UNFPA Report
- Bodybuilding not for thugs – Mr Zambia
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
ArchivesNov0 PostsDec0 Posts
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend