- by Joseph Mwenda on 27 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 26 Jul 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 26 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 26 Jul 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 26 Jul 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 26 Jul 2017by Joseph Mwenda on 26 Jul 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 27 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 26 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 26 Jul 2017by Diggers Reporter on 26 Jul 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Dickson Jere on 26 Jul 2017by Hakainde Hichilema on 20 Jul 2017by Laura Miti on 13 Jul 2017by Stella Sata Rukayi on 8 Jul 2017
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Jul 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 16 Jul 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 15 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 26 Jun 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 25 Jul 2017by David Julian Wightman on 8 Jul 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 6 Jul 2017by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 2 Jul 2017
Nkana FC to open sports shopBy Nelson Kazeze on 25 Jan 2017
TWELVE-time MTN/FAZ league champions Nkana are set to open a sports shop, says club president Everisto Kabila.
In a statement issued after his reappointment as club president on January 23, 2017, Kabila said the Wusakile based club would this year be launching a number of business ventures.
“Nkana Football Club will this year be launching a number of business ventures that will include solar system project partnering with Exide Zambia, mealie meal project partnering with National Milling Company and we will open a sports shop,” Kabila said.
Kabila stated that the sports shop would be located at Nkana stadium and construction works had reached advanced stage.
“All merchandise will be Nkana branded and this will be a money spinner for the club and I am therefore, calling on the entire Nkana family to support this initiative,” he stated.
And Kabila told the appointees that Nkana FC was a very demanding club which required them to work extra hard.
“We all expect the players and the technical bench to work very hard and give us good results in 2017 and beyond. I am further expecting the Nkana executive committee to work very hard and drive the club to self-sustainability. The club needs in excess of K15m annually to fully operate, we get some funding from the sponsors which is not enough hence the need for the club to continue coming up with business initiatives,” he stated.
Meanwhile Nkana FC sponsors Mopani Copper Mines have reiterated their commitment to sponsoring the club. In his address to new executive committee members, Mopani Copper Mines chief financial officer, John Chilwele said Mopani would continue to support the club and that the team should reciprocate by delivering good results on the pitch.
“Mopani will do its part as the main sponsor and its incumbent for all stakeholders to do their part and ensure that you win the league and other silverware. This message has to also go to the technical bench and the players. Nkana FC workers and supporters should also do their part,” said Chilwele.
About Nelson Kazeze
Nelson Kazeze is a Zambian multi-skilled journalist with an emphasis on sports news.
Email: nelson [at] diggers [dot] news
- New Twist: Mayuka stays at Zamalek - 31 Jan 2017
- Zambia U-20 to face Amajita in international friendly - 31 Jan 2017
- Zesco United players pledge to fulfill target - 30 Jan 2017
- Napsa Stars sign Bageya, four others - 30 Jan 2017
- Zamalek wants Mayuka out - 28 Jan 2017
Weekly Most Digged
- «July 2017»
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend