- by Mukosha Funga on 21 Aug 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 21 Aug 2019by Julia Malunga on 21 Aug 2019by Natasha Sakala on 21 Aug 2019
- by Ulande Nkomesha on 21 Aug 2019by Memory Chipili in Solwezi on 20 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 19 Aug 2019by Natasha Sakala on 17 Aug 2019
- by Zondiwe Mbewe on 21 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 21 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 21 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 20 Aug 2019
- Goal Diggers
- by Abraham Kalito on 8 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 8 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 5 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 28 Jul 2019
- by Diggers Editor on 21 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 20 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 18 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 16 Aug 2019
- Guest Diggers
- by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 17 Aug 2019by CUTS on 4 Aug 2019by Kangwa Muyunda on 3 Aug 2019by Rueben Lifuka on 31 Jul 2019
- Editor's Choice
- by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
- by Diggers Correspondent on 11 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019by Web Master on 27 Jun 2019
Nkana FC to open sports shopBy Nelson Kazeze on 25 Jan 2017
TWELVE-time MTN/FAZ league champions Nkana are set to open a sports shop, says club president Everisto Kabila.
In a statement issued after his reappointment as club president on January 23, 2017, Kabila said the Wusakile based club would this year be launching a number of business ventures.
“Nkana Football Club will this year be launching a number of business ventures that will include solar system project partnering with Exide Zambia, mealie meal project partnering with National Milling Company and we will open a sports shop,” Kabila said.
Kabila stated that the sports shop would be located at Nkana stadium and construction works had reached advanced stage.
“All merchandise will be Nkana branded and this will be a money spinner for the club and I am therefore, calling on the entire Nkana family to support this initiative,” he stated.
And Kabila told the appointees that Nkana FC was a very demanding club which required them to work extra hard.
“We all expect the players and the technical bench to work very hard and give us good results in 2017 and beyond. I am further expecting the Nkana executive committee to work very hard and drive the club to self-sustainability. The club needs in excess of K15m annually to fully operate, we get some funding from the sponsors which is not enough hence the need for the club to continue coming up with business initiatives,” he stated.
Meanwhile Nkana FC sponsors Mopani Copper Mines have reiterated their commitment to sponsoring the club. In his address to new executive committee members, Mopani Copper Mines chief financial officer, John Chilwele said Mopani would continue to support the club and that the team should reciprocate by delivering good results on the pitch.
“Mopani will do its part as the main sponsor and its incumbent for all stakeholders to do their part and ensure that you win the league and other silverware. This message has to also go to the technical bench and the players. Nkana FC workers and supporters should also do their part,” said Chilwele.
About Nelson Kazeze
Nelson Kazeze is a Zambian multi-skilled journalist with an emphasis on sports news.
Email: nelson [at] diggers [dot] news
- New Twist: Mayuka stays at Zamalek - 31 Jan 2017
- Zambia U-20 to face Amajita in international friendly - 31 Jan 2017
- Zesco United players pledge to fulfill target - 30 Jan 2017
- Napsa Stars sign Bageya, four others - 30 Jan 2017
- Zamalek wants Mayuka out - 28 Jan 2017
- Ndulo, Sangwa must be drunk to think they can sue Lungu - Tutwa (1,570 view)
- Lungu leads 34 member delegation to India (1,437 view)
- You'll create constitutional crisis if you rule Matibini out of order on Roan seat, Mwansa tells ConCourt (1,099 view)
- Mushimba wonders why accepted UNZA student don’t show up to enroll (927 views)
- If some UPND MPs want to support Bill 10, they must reflect, think about the people - Mwiimbu (925 views)
- Lungu leads 34 member delegation to India
- PF clueless on how to fix declining economy – Kabimba
- You’ll create constitutional crisis if you rule Matibini out of order on Roan seat, Mwansa tells ConCourt
- Mealie meal has become too expensive for ordinary Zambians – Msoni
- British envoy urges Chevening scholars to use their talent to develop Zambia after study
- Lungu was one of my brightest pupils, retired teacher tells court
- Tutwa leads campaign to impeach LAZ president
- It's not LAZ but 2,3 overzealous lawyers challenging Bill 10 - Siliya
- Development will follow those who cry the most, says Lungu
- I'm suing Tutwa for alleging that I've been paid to fight govt - LAZ president
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend