by Abraham Kalito on 22 Mar 2018by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 22 Mar 2018by Mukosha Funga on 22 Mar 2018by Nancy Moonga on 22 Mar 2018
- Goal Diggers
by Mirriam Chabala on 22 Mar 2018by Mirriam Chabala on 21 Mar 2018by Nancy Moonga on 21 Mar 2018by Zondiwe Mbewe on 21 Mar 2018
by Daniel Chansa on 22 Mar 2018by Zondiwe Mbewe on 21 Mar 2018by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Mar 2018by Diggers Reporter on 7 Mar 2018
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Editor on 22 Mar 2018by Diggers Editor on 21 Mar 2018by Diggers Editor on 19 Mar 2018by Diggers Editor on 17 Mar 2018
by Felix Kashweka on 10 Mar 2018by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 2 Mar 2018by Felix Kashweka on 24 Feb 2018by Felix Kashweka on 24 Feb 2018
- Guest Diggers
Aubrey Funga pens 5-year deal at Ajax Cape TownBy Nelson Kazeze on 27 Jan 2017
FORMER Zanaco FC Midfielder Aubrey Funga has joined South African Premier Soccer League (PSL) side Ajax Cape Town FC on a five-year deal.
The Midfielder was officially unveiled by the club on yesterday as the urban warriors continue to bolster their attacking prowess.
Funga told ajaxct.co.za. that signing for Ajax Cape Town was a stepping stone for greater things in his career.
“This is a good place, a good thing to have on my CV and the perfect stepping stone for great things to follow because there are great players here, that have played here [at Ajax Cape Town], which serves as great motivation to take my football to the highest level,” said Funga.
“I want to be myself, play like I did at Zanaco, I am a goal scorer and goal creator; that [attribute] has helped all the teams I have played for and I think that will also help here. Those are qualities that can get you into any team.”
And club CEO Ari Efstathiou said he was excited by the arrival of the 26-year-old midfielder, whose versatility was impressive.
“Aubrey was scouted at the same time as Rodrick [Kabwe], between them they scored 24 goals for Zanaco when they won the league last year. They both have goals in them and we are definitely bringing an attacking flair to the team which is what we have been looking for,” said Efstathiou.
Funga is hoping to make his Ajax Cape Town debut against Bidvest Wits on February 7.
About Nelson Kazeze
Nelson Kazeze is a Zambian multi-skilled journalist with an emphasis on sports news.
Email: nelson [at] diggers [dot] news
- New Twist: Mayuka stays at Zamalek - 31 Jan 2017
- Zambia U-20 to face Amajita in international friendly - 31 Jan 2017
- Zesco United players pledge to fulfill target - 30 Jan 2017
- Napsa Stars sign Bageya, four others - 30 Jan 2017
- Zamalek wants Mayuka out - 28 Jan 2017
- Police arrest Kambwili, slap him with 37 counts of having money suspected to be proceeds of crime
- Kalaba distances himself from extravagant spending on Lungu's trips
- KBF is nothing but a mercenary in the eyes of the PF leadership
- Judge Musona finally views 'missing' Munali violence video
- Father kills son, daughter, before committing suicide
- HPCZ drags Lafarge to court for operating illegal clinic, dispensing expired drugs
- Speaker orders Kambwili to apologise for ‘maligning’ Kampyongo, Grandview
- Investigative journalism key to development – Foote
- Increase tax on beer instead of making people pay borehole tax – Mwashingwele
- UZi will enhance competition, lower cost of mobile services – CCPC
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
ArchivesApr0 PostsMay0 PostsJun0 PostsJul0 PostsAug0 PostsSep0 PostsOct0 PostsNov0 PostsDec0 Posts
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend