- by Mukosha Funga on 21 Aug 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 21 Aug 2019by Julia Malunga on 21 Aug 2019by Natasha Sakala on 21 Aug 2019
- by Ulande Nkomesha on 21 Aug 2019by Memory Chipili in Solwezi on 20 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 19 Aug 2019by Natasha Sakala on 17 Aug 2019
- by Zondiwe Mbewe on 21 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 21 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 21 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 20 Aug 2019
- Goal Diggers
- by Abraham Kalito on 8 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 8 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 5 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 28 Jul 2019
- by Diggers Editor on 21 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 20 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 18 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 16 Aug 2019
- Guest Diggers
- by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 17 Aug 2019by CUTS on 4 Aug 2019by Kangwa Muyunda on 3 Aug 2019by Rueben Lifuka on 31 Jul 2019
- Editor's Choice
- by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
- by Diggers Correspondent on 11 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019by Web Master on 27 Jun 2019
Zamalek wants Mayuka outBy Nelson Kazeze on 28 Jan 2017
STRIKER Emmanuel Mayuka is on the verge of being ousted from Egyptian side Zamalek SC after a one year stint.
Club president Murtada Mansour told zamalek.tv yesterday that the Zambian striker was considered a fugitive for allegedly being Away Without Official Leave (AWOL).
“Mayuka will not return to play for Zamalek again and he is considered a fugitive after his absence for 25 days for the team and Zamalek has recordings of incriminating evidence against him,” Mansour said.
He said the club had engaged Mayuka’s agent to find a solution.
Reports indicate that the former Kabwe Warriors ace wants to kick start his career and could be heading back to Israel to reunite with his 2007 World Youth Cup strike partner, Rodger Kola at Hapoel Ra’anana.
If a move to Israel does not materialize, Mayuka is hoping for a French move or a move back to Swiss side Young Boys, though his chances are very slim.
The 26-year-old has failed to replicate his 2012 form which saw him help Zambia to lift the AFCON and a move to English Premier League Side South Hampton in the same year.
About Nelson Kazeze
Nelson Kazeze is a Zambian multi-skilled journalist with an emphasis on sports news.
Email: nelson [at] diggers [dot] news
- New Twist: Mayuka stays at Zamalek - 31 Jan 2017
- Zambia U-20 to face Amajita in international friendly - 31 Jan 2017
- Zesco United players pledge to fulfill target - 30 Jan 2017
- Napsa Stars sign Bageya, four others - 30 Jan 2017
- Zamalek wants Mayuka out - 28 Jan 2017
- Ndulo, Sangwa must be drunk to think they can sue Lungu - Tutwa (1,574 view)
- Lungu leads 34 member delegation to India (1,485 view)
- You'll create constitutional crisis if you rule Matibini out of order on Roan seat, Mwansa tells ConCourt (1,127 view)
- Mushimba wonders why accepted UNZA student don’t show up to enroll (961 views)
- If some UPND MPs want to support Bill 10, they must reflect, think about the people - Mwiimbu (927 views)
- Lungu leads 34 member delegation to India
- PF clueless on how to fix declining economy – Kabimba
- You’ll create constitutional crisis if you rule Matibini out of order on Roan seat, Mwansa tells ConCourt
- Mealie meal has become too expensive for ordinary Zambians – Msoni
- British envoy urges Chevening scholars to use their talent to develop Zambia after study
- Lungu was one of my brightest pupils, retired teacher tells court
- Tutwa leads campaign to impeach LAZ president
- It's not LAZ but 2,3 overzealous lawyers challenging Bill 10 - Siliya
- Development will follow those who cry the most, says Lungu
- I'm suing Tutwa for alleging that I've been paid to fight govt - LAZ president
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend