- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 22 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 22 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 22 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 22 Nov 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mirriam Chabala on 21 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 20 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 20 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 18 Nov 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 22 Nov 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Nov 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Nov 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Nov 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 20 Nov 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 18 Nov 2017by Diggers contributor on 7 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 4 Nov 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 18 Nov 2017by Ambassador Eric Schultz on 13 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 9 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 29 Oct 2017
Three boxers get full secondary school scholarshipsBy Tenson Mkhala on 10 Feb 2017
GREAT North Road Academy has granted scholarships worth about K350,000 to three underprivileged boxers.
The three are Gracious Malembeka, a grade 10 pupil of Exodus Boxing Promotions, Stephen Zimba, a grade eight pupil of Green Buffaloes and Bertha Chanda, a 13-year-old grade three pupil of Evergreen.
Announcing the grant in Lusaka yesterday, Great North Road Academy director Rozious Siatwambo the organisation would cover the boxers’ school fees, uniforms and other expenses until they completed their secondary education.
“We are very happy to be in partnership with Oriental Quarries Boxing Promotions. I want to say that education, coupled with talent, is an ingredient to the success of the three boxers,” said Siatwambo.
And Oriental Quarries Boxing Promotions operations manager Christopher Malunga commended Great North Road Academy for the gesture.
Malunga urged the boxers to adhere to school rules.
“Before deciding to pick the boxers we were going to give scholarship, we looked at the background of all the boxers and we decided that we give scholarships to the underprivileged ones,” said Malunga.Related Items
- FAZ salutes Sikazwe’s 2018 World Cup appointment
- National Parks department explains implications of suspending hunting permits
- Kambwili questions ConCourt’s failure to cite Mwila for contempt
- It’s childish for Kambwili to continue telling lies about Lungu – Chanda
- Pastor seeks to divorce wife of 35 years
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «November 2017»
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend