by Abraham Kalito on 22 Mar 2018by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 22 Mar 2018by Mukosha Funga on 22 Mar 2018by Nancy Moonga on 22 Mar 2018
- Goal Diggers
by Mirriam Chabala on 22 Mar 2018by Mirriam Chabala on 21 Mar 2018by Nancy Moonga on 21 Mar 2018by Zondiwe Mbewe on 21 Mar 2018
by Daniel Chansa on 22 Mar 2018by Zondiwe Mbewe on 21 Mar 2018by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Mar 2018by Diggers Reporter on 7 Mar 2018
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Editor on 22 Mar 2018by Diggers Editor on 21 Mar 2018by Diggers Editor on 19 Mar 2018by Diggers Editor on 17 Mar 2018
by Felix Kashweka on 10 Mar 2018by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 2 Mar 2018by Felix Kashweka on 24 Feb 2018by Felix Kashweka on 24 Feb 2018
- Guest Diggers
ZRU merges division 1, 2 to form one competitionBy Diggers Admin on 5 Apr 2017
The Zambia Rugby Union has decided to merge its two tier league structure into one competition.
ZRU reached the bold decision to revert to the original structure during an emergency general meeting held on April 1 in Ndola.
Union general secretary Colonel Francis Chitambo said the new league will be spread over a 24-month period that will be punctuated by cup competitions.
This is to ease the logistical problems a majority of the cash-strapped ZRU league clubs have endured over the years.
“All the fourteen teams will play against each other just once to avoid the fixtures spilling into next year. The return fixtures would be played next year. To strike a balance in the movement of the teams, those that would host their home games once this year, would fulfil the return fixtures next year and vice-versa,” Chitambo said.
“To ensure the league remains competitive and attractive, after Week 14 matches, the top four teams will qualify to play in the main cup, while fifth, sixth, seventh and eighth would play in the plate Cup. The other four teams from nine to 12 positions will square off in the bowl category, while the remaining four will battle for the shield. The league is earmarked to end on 07 October 2017.”
Arrows are the defending champions and they kickoff their title defence on April 8 against Mufulira B.
Promoted Mufulira is the only team to field two teams in the new one tier structure after their Week 1 guests Arrows decide to field just one team for the long season.
About Diggers Admin
Diggers Admin is of course the administrator.
- Trade Kings commits another K2 million towards cholera fight - 11 Jan 2018
- Unilever Zambia steps in to support Government fight against cholera - 11 Jan 2018
- Magistrate defers HH treason ruling to next week - 15 May 2017
- ERB approves electricity hike to earn Zesco K9.4bn a year - 10 May 2017
- ZRU merges division 1, 2 to form one competition - 5 Apr 2017
- Police release Kambwili, order him to report at Woodlands station tomorrow
- Judge Musona finally views 'missing' Munali violence video
- Police arrest Kambwili, slap him with 37 counts of having money suspected to be proceeds of crime
- Kalaba distances himself from extravagant spending on Lungu's trips
- Our ethics demand that we respect Mr Chanda’s reaction
- HPCZ drags Lafarge to court for operating illegal clinic, dispensing expired drugs
- Speaker orders Kambwili to apologise for ‘maligning’ Kampyongo, Grandview
- Investigative journalism key to development – Foote
- Increase tax on beer instead of making people pay borehole tax – Mwashingwele
- UZi will enhance competition, lower cost of mobile services – CCPC
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
ArchivesApr0 PostsMay0 PostsJun0 PostsJul0 PostsAug0 PostsSep0 PostsOct0 PostsNov0 PostsDec0 Posts
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend