- by Mukosha Funga on 21 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 20 Aug 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 20 Aug 2017by Joseph Mwenda on 20 Aug 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Diggers Reporter on 20 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 19 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 18 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 17 Aug 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 21 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 18 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 18 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Aug 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Thomas Mulenga on 20 Aug 2017by Joseph Mwenda on 18 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 3 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 31 Jul 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 25 Jul 2017by David Julian Wightman on 8 Jul 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 6 Jul 2017
ZRU merges division 1, 2 to form one competitionBy Diggers Admin on 5 Apr 2017
The Zambia Rugby Union has decided to merge its two tier league structure into one competition.
ZRU reached the bold decision to revert to the original structure during an emergency general meeting held on April 1 in Ndola.
Union general secretary Colonel Francis Chitambo said the new league will be spread over a 24-month period that will be punctuated by cup competitions.
This is to ease the logistical problems a majority of the cash-strapped ZRU league clubs have endured over the years.
“All the fourteen teams will play against each other just once to avoid the fixtures spilling into next year. The return fixtures would be played next year. To strike a balance in the movement of the teams, those that would host their home games once this year, would fulfil the return fixtures next year and vice-versa,” Chitambo said.
“To ensure the league remains competitive and attractive, after Week 14 matches, the top four teams will qualify to play in the main cup, while fifth, sixth, seventh and eighth would play in the plate Cup. The other four teams from nine to 12 positions will square off in the bowl category, while the remaining four will battle for the shield. The league is earmarked to end on 07 October 2017.”
Arrows are the defending champions and they kickoff their title defence on April 8 against Mufulira B.
Promoted Mufulira is the only team to field two teams in the new one tier structure after their Week 1 guests Arrows decide to field just one team for the long season.
About Diggers Admin
Diggers Admin is of course the administrator.
- Magistrate defers HH treason ruling to next week - 15 May 2017
- ERB approves electricity hike to earn Zesco K9.4bn a year - 10 May 2017
- ZRU merges division 1, 2 to form one competition - 5 Apr 2017
- Lubinda brace sinks Caps United - 28 Jan 2017
Weekly Most Digged
- «August 2017»
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend