- by Mirriam Chabala on 17 Aug 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 17 Aug 2017by Tenson Mkhala on 17 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 17 Aug 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Diggers Reporter on 16 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 13 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 10 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 10 Aug 2017
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 17 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 16 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 15 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Aug 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 17 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 16 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 16 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 16 Aug 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Mukosha Funga on 3 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 31 Jul 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 30 Jul 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Jul 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 25 Jul 2017by David Julian Wightman on 8 Jul 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 6 Jul 2017
Zambia coach eyes U-20 after Mozambique lossBy Diggers Reporter on 11 Jun 2017
Wedson Nyirenda has says changes are coming to the senior Chipolopolo squad that lost 1-0 at home to Mozambique in the Total Africa Cup of Nations qualifying game.
He says the home defeat was one of the most humiliating results Zambia has given to its fans, adding that the junjor Chipolopolo had shown responsibility in their style of play.
“It is the most disappointing performance that we have shown our people at home. I am so disappointed with the way we played the game…We have worked with the Under-20’s [before], we have seen a lot of passion for the game and a lot of responsibility, Nyirenda said.
Zambia could have wrapped up the game within the opening hour mark but Fwayo Tembo saw his two first half opportunities either go wide and saved by Mozambique goalkeeper Victor.
Kondwani Mtonga then hit the post in the 52nd minute seconds later Dave Daka sent his shot onto the side of the net.
“Mozambique were all over us from the beginning up to the end. They were the better team and deserved to win.”
Zambia especially had defender Stopilla Sunzu to thank for keeping the scoreline narrow after making telling clearances to deny Teliho and Elias Pelembe in the 82nd and 86th minutes respectively.
Ratifo then broke the deadlock in the 90th minute with a shot on the near post to send Mozambique as joint leaders with Guinea Bissau.
Guinea Bissau also won by the same margin on Saturday at home against Namibia.
The qualifiers resume in March,2018 with Zambia visiting Namibia and Mozambique hosting Guinea Bissau
About Diggers Reporter
- Zambia finally train in Ndola after 24 hour delay - 16 Aug 2017
- ConCourt refuses to join Lungu to 2021 eligibility case - 16 Aug 2017
- ConCourt allows inmates to vote - 16 Aug 2017
- Wedson upbeat despite Chipolopolo draw with Bafana - 13 Aug 2017
- Lsk man gets one year for stealing two Bibles - 10 Aug 2017
Weekly Most Digged
- «August 2017»
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend