- by Mukosha Funga on 16 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 16 Dec 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Dec 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 14 Dec 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mirriam Chabala on 14 Dec 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 13 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 11 Dec 2017by William Chileshe on 8 Dec 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 16 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 14 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 13 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 12 Dec 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Diggers Editor on 10 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 8 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 6 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 2 Dec 2017
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 12 Dec 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 5 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 30 Nov 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 29 Nov 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Chibamba Kanyama on 26 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 18 Nov 2017by Ambassador Eric Schultz on 13 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 9 Nov 2017
Zambia coach eyes U-20 after Mozambique lossBy Diggers Reporter on 11 Jun 2017
Wedson Nyirenda has says changes are coming to the senior Chipolopolo squad that lost 1-0 at home to Mozambique in the Total Africa Cup of Nations qualifying game.
He says the home defeat was one of the most humiliating results Zambia has given to its fans, adding that the junjor Chipolopolo had shown responsibility in their style of play.
“It is the most disappointing performance that we have shown our people at home. I am so disappointed with the way we played the game…We have worked with the Under-20’s [before], we have seen a lot of passion for the game and a lot of responsibility, Nyirenda said.
Zambia could have wrapped up the game within the opening hour mark but Fwayo Tembo saw his two first half opportunities either go wide and saved by Mozambique goalkeeper Victor.
Kondwani Mtonga then hit the post in the 52nd minute seconds later Dave Daka sent his shot onto the side of the net.
“Mozambique were all over us from the beginning up to the end. They were the better team and deserved to win.”
Zambia especially had defender Stopilla Sunzu to thank for keeping the scoreline narrow after making telling clearances to deny Teliho and Elias Pelembe in the 82nd and 86th minutes respectively.
Ratifo then broke the deadlock in the 90th minute with a shot on the near post to send Mozambique as joint leaders with Guinea Bissau.
Guinea Bissau also won by the same margin on Saturday at home against Namibia.
The qualifiers resume in March,2018 with Zambia visiting Namibia and Mozambique hosting Guinea BissauRelated Items
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «December 2017»
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend