- by Mirriam Chabala on 19 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 19 Oct 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Oct 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Oct 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mirriam Chabala on 18 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 17 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 16 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 14 Oct 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 19 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Oct 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by By Dr Canisius Banda on 9 Oct 2017by Brig Gen Godfrey Miyanda on 3 Oct 2017by Chishimba Kambwili on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Editor on 22 Sep 2017
- by Joseph Mwenda on 19 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 19 Oct 2017by Aleksander Pichkur on 16 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 16 Oct 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 14 Sep 2017by Guest Digger on 8 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 3 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017
Zesco to face SuperSport United in CAF Confederation CupBy Diggers Reporter on 12 Jul 2017
For a second successive season, Zesco will meet a South African club in the final knockout phase of a CAF inter-club competition.
Zesco will face SuperSport United of South Africa in September in the quarterfinals of the 2017 CAF Confederation Cup.
SuperSport will also be their second successive Pretoria opponent they will play in continental football at this stage.
Zesco were eliminated 3-2 on aggregate after a 2-0 away,final leg defeat from the 2016 CAF Champions League semifinals by the defending champions Mamelodi Sundowns en route to winning their debut continental title.
SuperSport will host Zesco in Pretoria in the first leg on September 9 and travel to Ndola for the final leg on September 16.
They will face either MC Alger of Algeria or 2011 runners-up Club Africain of Tunisia in the semifinals.
But Zambia’s interest in the CAF Confederation Cup spills across the border into DR Congo where Confederation Cup defending champions TP Mazembe will face Zesco’s ex-Group C opponents CRD Libolo of Angola.
Mazembe’s Chipolopolo regulars include Rainford Kalaba and Nathan Sinkala,the latter scoring the decisive goal in their 2-1 home win over Horoya of Guinea last Saturday to see them through to the last 8.
Holders Mazembe will be away in Calulo for the first leg that same weekend.
Winner will face victor of the North African derby involving record 3-time Confederation Cup champions CS Sfaxien of Tunisia and 2010 champions FUS Rabat of Morocco in the semifinals.
About Diggers Reporter
- UPND should stop deceiving people that they are the ones delivering development in their strongholds – Mwila - 19 Oct 2017
- Court jails 3 Zimbabweans for illegal possession of emeralds - 18 Oct 2017
- Lusaka woman denies stealing baby - 18 Oct 2017
- Woman in court for burning daughter over K7 - 18 Oct 2017
- Residential plots under Zesco poles shock Kapata - 14 Oct 2017
- Forgive me, I didn't know what I was doing when i declared October 18 a day of prayer - Lungu
- It was a PF provincial rally not a day of prayer - Kambwili
- Kambwili tones down: "I'm off politicking for now"
- Stop using criminal justice system to target critics, Amnesty International tells Lungu
- National Day of Prayer has divided the nation – Kabimba
- Court acquits man accused of defaming Mumbi Phiri on WhatsApp
- ZICTA confiscates transmitter for a Choma community radio station
- UPND should stop deceiving people that they are the ones delivering development in their strongholds – Mwila
- Meditating or snoring? Musenge’s prayer position sparks debate
- Bishop Joshua Banda announces auction of Messi’s jersey at Day of Prayer
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «October 2017»
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend