- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Sep 2017by Mukosha Funga on 23 Sep 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 23 Sep 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 23 Sep 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mirriam Chabala on 23 Sep 2017by Mukosha Funga on 23 Sep 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 21 Sep 2017by Joseph Mwenda on 21 Sep 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 23 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Sep 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Diggers Editor on 22 Sep 2017by Elias Munshya on 18 Sep 2017by President Edgar Lungu on 13 Sep 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 10 Sep 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 14 Sep 2017by Guest Digger on 8 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 3 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017
Coach promises more fire from ChipolopoloBy Diggers Reporter on 18 Jul 2017
Zambia coach Wedson Nyirenda says they will not go to sleep in Saturday’s 2018 CHAN 1st round, final leg home game against Swaziland despite enjoying a healthy advantage.
Chipolopolo trounced Swaziland 4-0 in the first round,first leg away qualifier at Lombanda on July 16 to take a comfortable scoreline into the July 22 final leg at home at National Heroes Stadium in Lusaka.
The victory was also Zambia biggest competitive win under Nyirenda since his appointment last September.
“I think we are going to take the game seriously, we will be very cautious, we will respect Swaziland,” Nyirenda said.
A header and a penalty from Lusaka Dynamos midfielder Clatous Chama in the 17th and 47th minutes respectively sparked Zambia’s surge.
Green Buffaloes striker Brian Mwila scored Zambia’s second in the 26th minute to see them go 2-0 into the break before Zesco United defender Fackson Kapumbu put the result beyond doubt with an 81st minute free-kick.
Meanwhile, winner over both legs will play South Africa or Botswana in August’s final leg for a place in next January’s tournament to be hosted by Kenya,.
South Africa are strong favourites to advance and enjoy a 2-0 away win over Botswana from Saturday’s match in Francistown.
The two sides meet in the final leg at Moruleng Stadium on July 22.
About Diggers Reporter
- Juvenile in court for having anal sex with 5-year-old - 22 Sep 2017
- Judge orders trial within trial in suspected ritual killers case - 22 Sep 2017
- I heard my cousins crying after my aunt gave them Doom, juvenile tells court - 22 Sep 2017
- Lusaka prophet claims he’s raised 6 from the dead - 22 Sep 2017
- Court discards forged letter from RTSA’s evidence against Kambwili - 21 Sep 2017
- It has now become a trend for traffic officers to be beaten - Munir Zulu
- Lungu has taken Zambians for fools – Chipimo
- Zambian professor melts hearts for helping single mother baby sit in his class
- It's hard to believe Kambwili's accusations in the absence of evidence - Wynter
- Kampyongo got three cars for awarding fire tender contract to Grandview - Kambwili
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «September 2017»
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend