by Abraham Kalito on 22 Mar 2018by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 22 Mar 2018by Mukosha Funga on 22 Mar 2018by Nancy Moonga on 22 Mar 2018
- Goal Diggers
by Mirriam Chabala on 22 Mar 2018by Mirriam Chabala on 21 Mar 2018by Nancy Moonga on 21 Mar 2018by Zondiwe Mbewe on 21 Mar 2018
by Daniel Chansa on 22 Mar 2018by Zondiwe Mbewe on 21 Mar 2018by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Mar 2018by Diggers Reporter on 7 Mar 2018
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Editor on 22 Mar 2018by Diggers Editor on 21 Mar 2018by Diggers Editor on 19 Mar 2018by Diggers Editor on 17 Mar 2018
by Felix Kashweka on 10 Mar 2018by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 2 Mar 2018by Felix Kashweka on 24 Feb 2018by Felix Kashweka on 24 Feb 2018
- Guest Diggers
Coach promises more fire from ChipolopoloBy Diggers Reporter on 18 Jul 2017
Zambia coach Wedson Nyirenda says they will not go to sleep in Saturday’s 2018 CHAN 1st round, final leg home game against Swaziland despite enjoying a healthy advantage.
Chipolopolo trounced Swaziland 4-0 in the first round,first leg away qualifier at Lombanda on July 16 to take a comfortable scoreline into the July 22 final leg at home at National Heroes Stadium in Lusaka.
The victory was also Zambia biggest competitive win under Nyirenda since his appointment last September.
“I think we are going to take the game seriously, we will be very cautious, we will respect Swaziland,” Nyirenda said.
A header and a penalty from Lusaka Dynamos midfielder Clatous Chama in the 17th and 47th minutes respectively sparked Zambia’s surge.
Green Buffaloes striker Brian Mwila scored Zambia’s second in the 26th minute to see them go 2-0 into the break before Zesco United defender Fackson Kapumbu put the result beyond doubt with an 81st minute free-kick.
Meanwhile, winner over both legs will play South Africa or Botswana in August’s final leg for a place in next January’s tournament to be hosted by Kenya,.
South Africa are strong favourites to advance and enjoy a 2-0 away win over Botswana from Saturday’s match in Francistown.
The two sides meet in the final leg at Moruleng Stadium on July 22.
About Diggers Reporter
- Printing ballots locally is about sovereignty, national security – PF - 22 Mar 2018
- HH is a contraceptive for unity, dialogue – Nakacinda - 22 Mar 2018
- Kafue residents rise as govt turns ‘3 million’ hectares of land to commercial - 21 Mar 2018
- It’s unfair to mislead Zambians that all is well – Mweetwa - 19 Mar 2018
- Chasaya elected African Public Services Commission president - 16 Mar 2018
- Police arrest Kambwili, slap him with 37 counts of having money suspected to be proceeds of crime
- Judge Musona finally views 'missing' Munali violence video
- Police release Kambwili, order him to report at Woodlands station tomorrow
- Kalaba distances himself from extravagant spending on Lungu's trips
- Our ethics demand that we respect Mr Chanda’s reaction
- HPCZ drags Lafarge to court for operating illegal clinic, dispensing expired drugs
- Speaker orders Kambwili to apologise for ‘maligning’ Kampyongo, Grandview
- Investigative journalism key to development – Foote
- Increase tax on beer instead of making people pay borehole tax – Mwashingwele
- UZi will enhance competition, lower cost of mobile services – CCPC
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
ArchivesApr0 PostsMay0 PostsJun0 PostsJul0 PostsAug0 PostsSep0 PostsOct0 PostsNov0 PostsDec0 Posts
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend