- by Zondiwe Mbewe on 23 Oct 2017by Patricia Mbewe and Anastasia Kasongo on 23 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Oct 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mukosha Funga on 23 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 21 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 18 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 17 Oct 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 20 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 20 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 19 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Oct 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by By Dr Canisius Banda on 9 Oct 2017by Brig Gen Godfrey Miyanda on 3 Oct 2017by Chishimba Kambwili on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Editor on 22 Sep 2017
- by Joseph Mwenda on 19 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 19 Oct 2017by Aleksander Pichkur on 16 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 16 Oct 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 23 Oct 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 14 Sep 2017by Guest Digger on 8 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 3 Sep 2017
Wedson laments Brian Mwila’s departureBy Diggers Reporter on 4 Aug 2017
Wedson Nyirenda has admitted that striker Brian Mwila’s departure for Platinum Stars is a blow in the team’s 2018 CHAN ambitions.
Mwila joined the South African club from Green Buffaloes this week on a three -year deal.
This means Mwila is now ineligible for CHAN duty.
CHAN is a second tier AFCON for domestic-based players first staged by CAF in 2009.
“Brian has been a very important player in our team. I think his absence has clearly been felt,”Nyirenda said.
Mwila scored five goals in seven games for Zambia since making his Chipolopolo debut in a 0-0 away draw against Gabon on June 4.
Nyirenda said he was now expecting Power Dynamos striker Martin Phiri and Davy Daka of Zesco United to step into the void Mwila has left.
“But I think we have players who will take his place. I think they are also looking very good and gelling very well with the other team players,” Nyirenda said.
Meanwhile, Zambia face Ethiopia this Saturday, August 5 in a pre-CHAN qualifier friendly at Woodlands Stadium in Lusaka.
Zambia will later travel to South Africa next week to face Bafana Bafana in a 2018 CHAN final round, first leg qualifier on August 12 in East London.
The final leg will be played at Levy Mwanawasa Stadium in Ndola on August 19 that will see the winner over both legs qualifying to next January’s tournament in Kenya.
About Diggers Reporter
- Msiska invites citizens to military Independence fireworks display - 22 Oct 2017
- Arresting officer blacks out after being called to testify against Precious Longwe - 20 Oct 2017
- Simbyakula distances himself from election violence document - 20 Oct 2017
- UPND should stop deceiving people that they are the ones delivering development in their strongholds – Mwila - 19 Oct 2017
- Court jails 3 Zimbabweans for illegal possession of emeralds - 18 Oct 2017
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «October 2017»
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend