- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 26 Sep 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 26 Sep 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 26 Sep 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 26 Sep 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Diggers Reporter on 26 Sep 2017by Tenson Mkhala on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 21 Sep 2017
- by Mirriam Chabala on 25 Sep 2017by Mukosha Funga on 25 Sep 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 24 Sep 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 23 Sep 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 25 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 25 Sep 2017by Mukosha Funga on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 24 Sep 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Chishimba Kambwili on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Editor on 22 Sep 2017by Elias Munshya on 18 Sep 2017by President Edgar Lungu on 13 Sep 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 14 Sep 2017by Guest Digger on 8 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 3 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017
Chipolopolo to change jersey againBy Joseph Mwenda on 8 Sep 2017
FAZ has ditched MAFRO just four months into the two parties long-term deal to supply Chipolopolo, the junior and women’s teams with kits.
FAZ announced the divorce of their short-lived marriage on Friday in Lusaka.
MAFRO and FAZ signed a two-year deal in May.
FAZ spokesperson Desmond Katongo said MAFRO had failed to meet their contractual obligations and that Football House would be seeking legal redress over the matter.
“Following the agreement between the Football Association of Zambia (FAZ) and kit supplier MAFRO signed in 2017, FAZ wishes to announce a review of the partnership,” Katongo said.
“The contract between FAZ and MAFRO was based on the premise that either parties would meet their obligations to the other. Despite agreement for the provision of playing kit and replica jerseys, MAFRO has only partially fulfilled its obligation with regard to playing kit and similarly not been able to meet their delivery
schedule for replica kits.”
He said MAFRO was in breach of contract.
“MAFRO is therefore in breach of contract by their failure to meet these and several other conditions set out,” said Katongo.
“These matters have been brought to their attention and they have been given several opportunities to redress the situation to no avail. In view of the current status, FAZ has begun discussions with other potential partners.”
The MAFRO deal came after FAZ had an off-the-shelf deal with Italian sportswear maker Kappa in late 2016 and early 2017.
This is after FAZ’s previous long-term partnership with American sportswear giant Nike was terminated in 2014.
About Joseph Mwenda
Joseph Mwenda is a Zambian journalist experienced in political news writing, photography and video editing.
Email: joseph [at] diggers [dot] news
- HH gets thunderous welcome in his homeland - 25 Sep 2017
- Lungu funding violence – HH - 24 Sep 2017
- It has now become a trend for traffic officers to be beaten – Munir Zulu - 23 Sep 2017
- Parliament finds Antonio guilty of committing contempt on Facebook - 21 Sep 2017
- ZUFIAW demands reduced Pay as You Earn - 21 Sep 2017
- Car carrying G9 exam papers to Zambezi submerges in water
- Let Laura, others wait for police response on their planned demos – Katongo
- Dialogue with Lungu will adress police brutality, Constitution lacunas – UPND
- PF used DCs, govt resources to campaign – Nalumango
- Company abuse at Indeni is common in parastatals – Milupi
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «September 2017»
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend