- by Natasha Sakala on 22 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Aug 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 21 Aug 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 21 Aug 2019
- by Ulande Nkomesha on 21 Aug 2019by Memory Chipili in Solwezi on 20 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 19 Aug 2019by Natasha Sakala on 17 Aug 2019
- by Natasha Sakala on 21 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 21 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 21 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 21 Aug 2019
- Goal Diggers
- by Abraham Kalito on 8 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 8 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 5 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 28 Jul 2019
- by Diggers Editor on 22 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 21 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 20 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 18 Aug 2019
- Guest Diggers
- by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 17 Aug 2019by CUTS on 4 Aug 2019by Kangwa Muyunda on 3 Aug 2019by Rueben Lifuka on 31 Jul 2019
- Editor's Choice
- by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
- by Diggers Correspondent on 11 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019by Web Master on 27 Jun 2019
Ng’onga back in action as Power hosts NkanaBy Nyambe Lubasi on 20 Oct 2017
Vilified striker Alex Ng’onga is back in the spotlight this Saturday when Power Dynamos host their arch rivals Nkana in the big Kitwe derby at Arthur Davies Stadium.
Maligned for his greatest misses show against Nigeria in the 2018 FIFA World Cup Group B qualifier that Zambia lost 1-0 away on October 7, Ng’onga will be seeking home comforts when Power face Nkana.
This will be Ng’onga’s first derby back in a Power shirt since 2014 before he joined CS Mounana of Gabon in 2015.
Ng’onga returned to Power in January 2017 but was only cleared to return to Arthur Davies in July when Mounana agreed to his transfer.
Between July to date, Ngonga’s six goals and numerous assists been the catalyst of Power’s top five placing as he lightened the void left by Fwayo Tembo for Lusaka Dynamos in July and led to his now contentious Chipolopolo recall.
Ng’onga returns in search of his first derby goal since June, 2014 that ended 1-1 away before Power lost 2-1 at home in October that term.
And Ng’onga is also expected to carry Power’s burden this weekend after they struggled in a 1-1 away draw at Nchanga Rangers that they secured through an 82nd minute Michael Banda equalizer on October 8 while he was away in Nigeria.
Power is also under-pressure to maintain their four-derby unbeaten run against Nkana in which they have collected three wins and a draw.
This season’s first leg meeting saw Power rally from one-down to beat Nkana 2-1 away across the road in Wusakile.
But the man who scored both goals for Power in that match, Martin Phiri, will miss final leg due to a family bereavement in Lusaka.
However, Nkana too have their own concerns in attack.
Walter Bwalya has been blowing hot and cold since his hat-trick four games ago in a 4-0 home win over defending champions Zanaco on September 3.
Some comforting news is that Ronald Kampamba returns after a two-month lay-off due to a hamstring injury sustained in a 1-0 away win over City of Lusaka on August 27.
Meanwhile, victory for Nkana or Power is essential with eight games left.
Power and Nkana are 5th and 6th on the on 52 and 49 points respectively.
Ahead of them are Zesco United (4th), Lusaka Dynamos (3rd), Zanaco (2nd) and leaders Green Buffaloes who have 52, 53, 54 and 56 points respectively.Related Items
- Lungu leads 34 member delegation to India (2,264 views)
- Mushimba wonders why accepted UNZA student don’t show up to enroll (1,915 view)
- Ndulo, Sangwa must be drunk to think they can sue Lungu - Tutwa (1,636 view)
- You'll create constitutional crisis if you rule Matibini out of order on Roan seat, Mwansa tells ConCourt (1,601 view)
- State witness in Chimese’s case in court for perjury (1,024 view)
- Lungu was one of my brightest pupils, retired teacher tells court
- It's not LAZ but 2,3 overzealous lawyers challenging Bill 10 - Siliya
- Development will follow those who cry the most, says Lungu
- I'm suing Tutwa for alleging that I've been paid to fight govt - LAZ president
- Tutwa leads campaign to impeach LAZ president
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend