by Ulande Nkomesha on 13 Dec 2019by Natasha Sakala on 13 Dec 2019by Natasha Sakala on 13 Dec 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 13 Dec 2019
by Natasha Sakala on 12 Dec 2019by Natasha Sakala on 11 Dec 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 10 Dec 2019by Natasha Sakala on 10 Dec 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 13 Dec 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 13 Dec 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 13 Dec 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 12 Dec 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Abraham Kalito on 12 Dec 2019by Abraham Kalito on 9 Dec 2019by Abraham Kalito on 8 Dec 2019by Abraham Kalito on 6 Dec 2019
by Diggers Editor on 13 Dec 2019by Diggers Editor on 12 Dec 2019by Diggers Editor on 11 Dec 2019by Diggers Editor on 10 Dec 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Julius Kapembwa (PhD) on 5 Dec 2019by Rueben Lifuka on 4 Dec 2019by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 22 Nov 2019by Dr Chishimba Mubanga, MSc on 22 Nov 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Diggers Correspondent on 9 Dec 2019by Sampa Kabwela on 23 Nov 2019by Natasha Sakala on 8 Nov 2019by Felix Kashweka on 4 Oct 2019
Ng’onga back in action as Power hosts NkanaBy Nyambe Lubasi on 20 Oct 2017
Vilified striker Alex Ng’onga is back in the spotlight this Saturday when Power Dynamos host their arch rivals Nkana in the big Kitwe derby at Arthur Davies Stadium.
Maligned for his greatest misses show against Nigeria in the 2018 FIFA World Cup Group B qualifier that Zambia lost 1-0 away on October 7, Ng’onga will be seeking home comforts when Power face Nkana.
This will be Ng’onga’s first derby back in a Power shirt since 2014 before he joined CS Mounana of Gabon in 2015.
Ng’onga returned to Power in January 2017 but was only cleared to return to Arthur Davies in July when Mounana agreed to his transfer.
Between July to date, Ngonga’s six goals and numerous assists been the catalyst of Power’s top five placing as he lightened the void left by Fwayo Tembo for Lusaka Dynamos in July and led to his now contentious Chipolopolo recall.
Ng’onga returns in search of his first derby goal since June, 2014 that ended 1-1 away before Power lost 2-1 at home in October that term.
And Ng’onga is also expected to carry Power’s burden this weekend after they struggled in a 1-1 away draw at Nchanga Rangers that they secured through an 82nd minute Michael Banda equalizer on October 8 while he was away in Nigeria.
Power is also under-pressure to maintain their four-derby unbeaten run against Nkana in which they have collected three wins and a draw.
This season’s first leg meeting saw Power rally from one-down to beat Nkana 2-1 away across the road in Wusakile.
But the man who scored both goals for Power in that match, Martin Phiri, will miss final leg due to a family bereavement in Lusaka.
However, Nkana too have their own concerns in attack.
Walter Bwalya has been blowing hot and cold since his hat-trick four games ago in a 4-0 home win over defending champions Zanaco on September 3.
Some comforting news is that Ronald Kampamba returns after a two-month lay-off due to a hamstring injury sustained in a 1-0 away win over City of Lusaka on August 27.
Meanwhile, victory for Nkana or Power is essential with eight games left.
Power and Nkana are 5th and 6th on the on 52 and 49 points respectively.
Ahead of them are Zesco United (4th), Lusaka Dynamos (3rd), Zanaco (2nd) and leaders Green Buffaloes who have 52, 53, 54 and 56 points respectively.Related Items
- Don't be used by UPND to get diplomatic jobs, Mumbi tells Diggers journalists (2,737 views)
- Kampyongo said criminals like using his name, Kapata to smuggle Mukula. Why? (2,448 views)
- Power export to Zambia dependent on our surplus production - Eskom (1,868 view)
- Explain delayed power import, Speaker orders Energy Minister (1,803 view)
- FNB sues 'Bwalya Ng’andu' for failure to settle K369,000 loan (1,802 view)
- We need to beg IMF for assistance – Nawakwi
- FNB sues ‘Bwalya Ng’andu’ for failure to settle K369,000 loan
- Debates on inequality too simplistic – Chiteme
- Maseka fixed windows at Chimese’s alleged property, DEC testifies in Perjury case
- Kambwili granted last adjournment to open defence in forgery case
- Homosexuality exists in Zambia, no one chooses to be born gay - Sacika
- Kapata to sue Diggers for publishing Mukula smuggling cartel
- Don't be used by UPND to get diplomatic jobs, Mumbi tells Diggers journalists
- PF blames minister for Lupososhi loss, demands his resignation
- Power export to Zambia dependent on our surplus production - Eskom
Subscribe For News In Email
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend