by Julia Malunga on 20 Sep 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 20 Sep 2019by Natasha Sakala on 20 Sep 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 20 Sep 2019
by Stuart Lisulo on 19 Sep 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 19 Sep 2019by Julia Malunga on 17 Sep 2019by Stuart Lisulo on 17 Sep 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 20 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 18 Sep 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Mazuba Muleya on 18 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 17 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019
by Diggers Editor on 20 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 19 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 18 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 17 Sep 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Simon Manda, PhD on 16 Sep 2019by Simon Manda, PhD on 7 Sep 2019by pilAto/ Fumba Chama on 7 Sep 2019by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 17 Aug 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Diggers Correspondent on 11 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019by Web Master on 27 Jun 2019
U-20 STARS NOT PAID; FAZ also owes team officialsBy Mazuba Muleya on 14 Feb 2018
The Football Association of Zambia (FAZ) is still owing players and officials allowances for the 2017 under-20 Africa Cup and World Cup participation.
Zambia hosted and won the 2017 under-20 youth title and was one of the four African representatives at the World Youth Championship in South Korea.
A source who was part of the under-20 technical bench revealed that FAZ has not yet cleared allowances from the two competitions.
“It will soon clock a year without being paid our allowances. We are still waiting for FAZ to clear our dues but they don’t seem concerned. Nobody even talks about it. It is like they are not obliged to pay us because they don’t seem concerned at all. We have raised it time and again but nothing is done,” the source said.
FAZ has changed the under-20 technical bench, elevating the Mumamba Numba technical bench which was in charge of the under-17 squad.
The source said some officials who were part of the organising team for the under-20 Africa Cup were coaxed to use their personal money which FAZ has failed to pay back.
“This Andrew Kamanga executive has always been preaching about transparency and accountability but they are doing the opposite. There are a lot of financial misdemeanors currently taking place in FAZ. We are not the only ones being owed. The secretariat staff never gets their pay on time but their bosses are always giving themselves advances.
We want our money. Kamanga should tell us if we did the job on a voluntary basis so that we can forget,” the source said.
Apart from the under-20 crew, FAZ has also not cleared players’ allowances for the African Nations Championship (CHAN) qualifiers.Related Items
- Thanks to Goswami, Lungu’s chickens are coming home to roost (11,412 views)
- UK responds with relief food to hunger disaster (1,893 view)
- PF need a miracle to pass Bill 10 – Nkombo (1,445 view)
- Lungu’s continued association with Findlay damaging the Presidency - KBF (1,045 view)
- Power is like buttocks, when you go up, prepare to go down (923 views)
- It’s against separation of powers for Parley to supervise executive – PF
- Continued abuse of Zesco will sustain Zambia’s power deficit – PAC
- PF need a miracle to pass Bill 10 – Nkombo
- 7 Lumwana expatriates were lawfully fired, company tells court
- Lungu forcing self-driven Constitution on Zambians – Milupi
- Zesco tariffs to go up by 75%, we also need to revise fuel prices - Minister
- HH shouldn’t be moving around like a cockroach in the kitchen - Bowman
- Germany ambassador offers to help FAZ find a coach
- Airtel agent in court for defiling wife’s sisters
- We warned Lungu over his friendship with Valden Findlay
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend