by Mukosha Funga on 15 Nov 2019by Mukosha Funga on 15 Nov 2019by Julia Malunga on 14 Nov 2019by Mirriam Chabala on 14 Nov 2019
by Natasha Sakala and Stuart Lisulo on 14 Nov 2019by Natasha Sakala on 14 Nov 2019by Natasha Sakala on 13 Nov 2019by Julia Malunga on 12 Nov 2019
by Julia Malunga and Zondiwe Mbewe on 14 Nov 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 14 Nov 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 14 Nov 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 13 Nov 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Elias Banda on 15 Nov 2019by Abraham Kalito on 14 Nov 2019by Abraham Kalito on 13 Nov 2019by Mazuba Muleya on 7 Nov 2019
by Diggers Editor on 14 Nov 2019by Diggers Editor on 13 Nov 2019by Diggers Editor on 12 Nov 2019by Diggers Editor on 10 Nov 2019
- Guest Diggers
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Natasha Sakala on 8 Nov 2019by Felix Kashweka on 4 Oct 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 28 Sep 2019by Douty Chibamba on 25 Sep 2019
U-20 STARS NOT PAID; FAZ also owes team officialsBy Mazuba Muleya on 14 Feb 2018
The Football Association of Zambia (FAZ) is still owing players and officials allowances for the 2017 under-20 Africa Cup and World Cup participation.
Zambia hosted and won the 2017 under-20 youth title and was one of the four African representatives at the World Youth Championship in South Korea.
A source who was part of the under-20 technical bench revealed that FAZ has not yet cleared allowances from the two competitions.
“It will soon clock a year without being paid our allowances. We are still waiting for FAZ to clear our dues but they don’t seem concerned. Nobody even talks about it. It is like they are not obliged to pay us because they don’t seem concerned at all. We have raised it time and again but nothing is done,” the source said.
FAZ has changed the under-20 technical bench, elevating the Mumamba Numba technical bench which was in charge of the under-17 squad.
The source said some officials who were part of the organising team for the under-20 Africa Cup were coaxed to use their personal money which FAZ has failed to pay back.
“This Andrew Kamanga executive has always been preaching about transparency and accountability but they are doing the opposite. There are a lot of financial misdemeanors currently taking place in FAZ. We are not the only ones being owed. The secretariat staff never gets their pay on time but their bosses are always giving themselves advances.
We want our money. Kamanga should tell us if we did the job on a voluntary basis so that we can forget,” the source said.
Apart from the under-20 crew, FAZ has also not cleared players’ allowances for the African Nations Championship (CHAN) qualifiers.Related Items
- How Mushimba influenced UNZA to pass his wife who failed 2 medical courses (3,072 views)
- DEC arrests Amos for corrupt practices (2,886 views)
- There’re 2 Lungus in State House, we met them both (2,333 views)
- Court awards K3.3m damages to family of ZAF officer who died in police custody (1,861 view)
- I am ready to face DEC, says Amos (1,577 view)
- Fashion reveals hiding knee injury from medical staff
- KCM workers, exam pupils hospitalised in Chingola after inhaling toxic gas from Nchanga Mine
- How Mushimba influenced UNZA to pass his wife who failed 2 medical courses
- FAZ advertises Chipolopolo job, offers $10,000 salary
- Court awards K3.3m damages to family of ZAF officer who died in police custody
- There’re 2 Lungus in State House, we met them both
- I'm at the bottom but God has a plan, says Mutati as Nevers meets Lungu
- HH among directors of company seeking to mine in Lower Zambezi - Musukwa tells parley
- Yes, Zambia’s debt is criminal!
- Govt cancelled presidential jet purchase due to austerity measures – Wina
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend