- by Ulande Nkomesha on 24 Aug 2019by Julia Malunga on 24 Aug 2019by Natasha Sakala on 24 Aug 2019by Natasha Sakala on 24 Aug 2019
- by Stuart Lisulo on 23 Aug 2019by Stuart Lisulo on 22 Aug 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 22 Aug 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 21 Aug 2019
- by Zondiwe Mbewe on 24 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 24 Aug 2019by Joseph Mwenda on 23 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 23 Aug 2019
- Goal Diggers
- by Abraham Kalito on 23 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 23 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 8 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 8 Aug 2019
- by Diggers Editor on 24 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 22 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 21 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 20 Aug 2019
- Guest Diggers
- by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 17 Aug 2019by CUTS on 4 Aug 2019by Kangwa Muyunda on 3 Aug 2019by Rueben Lifuka on 31 Jul 2019
- Editor's Choice
- by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
- by Diggers Correspondent on 11 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019by Web Master on 27 Jun 2019
Fans have given me confidence to score, says Fashion SakalaBy Abraham Kalito on 26 Mar 2019
Chipolopolo striker Fashion Sakala has attributed his superb form in recent weeks to the encouragement and support from the fans across the country.
Sakala scored the only goals in both the first and second legs of the U23 AFCON 2019 qualifying match against Malawi to take Zambia into the final round of the qualifiers.
Speaking in an interview with Goal Diggers in Lusaka, Sakala who plies his trade in Belgium for Oostende FC said Zambian fans have given him the confidence to play better and score.
“God is with me and I am working extra hard. I think its not easy to score in both game’s but I am very happy to score because of the team. I’m very impressed with the way the team is working, I’m very impressed with our play. We just have to continue working hard. We really had the confidence to play at the 2020 Olympics, its possible for us. I think we can do it. And for sure we don’t have pressure we just have to concentrate on the next game. I think its very possible for us. We scored one goal, but we had a chance to score a lot of goals, so I’m not really impressed but I thank God that we were able to win today. Its very possible for us to do a lot better because we still have quality in our team and I believe we can do better,” he said.
“To the fans I think it’s always amazing, it’s always a good thing to have them support us. It’s always a good thing because in Malawi, and the Malawian players were surprised because in Malawi, there were a few people but when we came to this stadium, it was almost full which is good because I really thank God for such an opportunity. I think every time they are supporting us, they are giving us confidence and that’s why we are working so hard. Even when we have a game in Europe Zambian are there for us. They are always calling us and encouraging us to do better. That is why we are able to score.”
Meanwhile U23 national team coach Bestone Chambeshi said the team would prepare better for the next opponents in the qualifier in a bid to qualify for the 2020 Olympics.
“We know that the next team will be a strong team just like the Malawian team. So, our secret will be in preparations. We will prepare adequately to face our next opponents. We have to respect our next opponents and for our next opponents which will be Burundi or Congo, I haven’t seen much of them but I believe that if we have better preparations then we will play better against them.”
About Abraham Kalito
Abraham Kalito is interested in writing business, political, and human interest stories.
- U20 Women saga: Girls could not travel as FAZ didn’t confirm participation-NOC reveals - 23 Aug 2019
- FAZ to name Chipolopolo coach next week - 23 Aug 2019
- We don’t know who will coach Zambia against Eswatini – Mweemba - 8 Aug 2019
- Zambia senior women, U-20 national teams soar - 8 Aug 2019
- Tenant appointed Buildcon coach - 5 Aug 2019
- LAZ warns Speaker, MPs of contempt over Bill 10 (1,446 view)
- Nondo's defection shocks NAREP (1,049 view)
- Mwenye's corruption remarks irk PF (913 views)
- Why was impeachment motion halted if courts have no bearing on Parley, HH asks Matibini (878 views)
- If austerity measures were working, we wouldn't be having these problems – BoZ (788 views)
- KCM opposes Vedanta’s application to disregard in-house lawyer’s affidavit
- Maize dependency will continue making Zambia vulnerable to hunger – Kayula
- High mealie meal prices are an indictment on Lungu – Nalumango
- High Court restrains Tilyenji from acting as UNIP president
- Why was impeachment motion halted if courts have no bearing on Parley, HH asks Matibini
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend