by Omphile Ndlovu on 21 Sep 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 21 Sep 2019by Julia Malunga on 20 Sep 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 20 Sep 2019
by Stuart Lisulo on 19 Sep 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 19 Sep 2019by Julia Malunga on 17 Sep 2019by Stuart Lisulo on 17 Sep 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 20 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 20 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Sep 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Mazuba Muleya on 18 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 17 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019
by Diggers Editor on 22 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 20 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 19 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 18 Sep 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 22 Sep 2019by Simon Manda, PhD on 16 Sep 2019by Simon Manda, PhD on 7 Sep 2019by pilAto/ Fumba Chama on 7 Sep 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Julia Malunga on 22 Sep 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 11 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019
I didn’t take ministry with me on vacation- SiliyaBy Mukosha Funga on 11 Jan 2017
I DIDN’T take the Ministry of Agriculture on holiday, Dora Siliya has told critics.
There has been uproar on social media after Siliya’s picture with former heavy weight boxing champion Mike Tyson emerged on social media.
The pandemonium raged on when pictures of Siliya with Namibian President Hage Geingob’s former son-in-law Mark Ode Mubalama emerged, with a speculative story that the two were in a relationship.
In an exclusive interview with News Diggers, Mubalama claimed that he was no longer married to the Namibian President’s daughter, adding that they had irreconcilable differences a year after their colourful wedding. He said his heart was now with Siliya and he wanted to marry her.
When contacted, Siliya said Mubalama’s explanation was true and that she shared the same feelings with him.
She said she could not say much about it but confirmed that the two were together.
“You can also quote what Mark has told you, that is the truth. We are together and that’s all I can say,” Siliya said.
However, at a media briefing in Lusaka today January 10, 2017, Siliya said it was unacceptable for people to attack her over her decision to go on a two-week vacation because her absence did not halt the operations of her ministry. Siliya said during her vacation, all ministerial duties were ably handled by her Livestock and Fisheries counterpart Michael Katambo.
“It is not like when the Minister is out then the Ministry ceases to exist. It is the Ministry of Agriculture and not the Ministry of Dora Siliya, I didn’t carry the whole Ministry with me on holiday,” Siliya said. “The Ministry has a Permanent Secretary and there are also directors there who can perform certain functions and if the appointing authority feels the need to appoint someone to act as the case was with Hon. Katambo, he will appoint so that government continues to function.”
Siliya also rubbished accusations that she went to the U.S on holiday with a married man based in Namibia who is at the centre of marital dispute with his wife, daughter of Namibian President.
“We are in the middle of a serious outbreak of pests eating our maize fields and people want to start discussing trivial issues? Let us get serious as Zambians,” said Siliya.
Siliya also Zambians that there would be food security despite the outbreak of the army worms and the stalk borer which she said had only affected 10 percent of the country’s maize output.
About Mukosha Funga
Mukosha is interested in good governance and anti-corruption reporting.
- UK responds with relief food to hunger disaster - 19 Sep 2019
- Lungu fires 3 permanent secretaries, makes reshuffles - 3 Sep 2019
- ZRA resolves $7.6 billion tax “evasion” by Kalumbila, waives some penalties - 26 Aug 2019
- Kabwe children contaminated with toxic Lead, reveals Human Rights Watch - 26 Aug 2019
- Luapula man beats wife to death for being drunk - 25 Aug 2019
- Thanks to Goswami, Lungu’s chickens are coming home to roost (3,416 views)
- PF need a miracle to pass Bill 10 – Nkombo (1,401 view)
- More North Korean Diplomats Caught Smuggling Animal Parts From Africa (979 views)
- Lungu’s continued association with Findlay damaging the Presidency - KBF (949 views)
- It’s against separation of powers for Parley to supervise executive - PF (891 views)
- The Type of Permanent Secretary we Need in the Ministry of Fisheries and Livestock
- Zambians have now turned to charcoal, forests are depleting
- Evicted from govt house with no benefits after 40yrs of service
- More North Korean Diplomats Caught Smuggling Animal Parts From Africa
- Solwezi man wins K67,147 from K5 bet
- Thanks to Goswami, Lungu’s chickens are coming home to roost
- HH shouldn’t be moving around like a cockroach in the kitchen - Bowman
- Zesco tariffs to go up by 75%, we also need to revise fuel prices - Minister
- Germany ambassador offers to help FAZ find a coach
- Airtel agent in court for defiling wife’s sisters
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend