- by Mirriam Chabala on 22 Jan 2018by Mukosha Funga on 22 Jan 2018by Mukosha Funga on 22 Jan 2018by Mukosha Funga on 22 Jan 2018
- Goal Diggers
- by Mirriam Chabala on 22 Jan 2018by Mirriam Chabala on 19 Jan 2018by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 19 Jan 2018by Mukosha Funga on 18 Jan 2018
- by Diggers Reporter on 18 Jan 2018by Diggers Reporter on 17 Jan 2018by Diggers Reporter on 17 Jan 2018by Diggers Reporter on 17 Jan 2018
- Editor's Choice
- by Felix Kashweka on 13 Jan 2018by Diggers Admin on 11 Jan 2018by Tenson Mkhala on 6 Jan 2018by Felix Kashweka on 31 Dec 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Chibamba Kanyama on 22 Jan 2018by Dr Charles Sinkala on 22 Jan 2018by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 22 Jan 2018by Nachilala Nkombo on 20 Jan 2018
I will accept party’s decision – KambwiliBy Mirriam Chabala on 17 Jan 2017
ROAN PF member of parliament Chishimba Kambwili says he will accept the final decision of the party over his fate.
Speaking to journalists after the disciplinary hearing yesterday, January 16, 2017, Kambwili said it was now up to the party to decide his fate.
“I have been charged with an offence and I have been given a chance to exculpate myself and have appeared before the disciplinary committee. I and my witnesses have given statements and it now remains for the party to make a decision,” said Kambwili.
“It takes two to tangle so there are two different statements, from the complainant and of course from the defendant. We will wait for the committee to make a recommendation and being a loyal and abiding member of the party, I shall take any decision that the party will make. We are members of one family, we had a very good interaction, no acrimony; we had a very good interaction.”
And PF deputy spokesperson Frank Bwalya told journalists shortly before the hearing that the disciplinary committee was impartial and that the case was not a witch hunt.
Bwalya said the committee would submit a report to the PF central committee for scrutiny and finalising.
Kambwili, who is also former information minister, appeared before the PF disciplinary committee over a case in which he was accused calling Luanshya Mayor Nathan Chanda a wizard among other charges.
Kambwili arrived at the PF secretariat at exactly 14:00 hours accompanied by his wife, Carol, his sons and witnesses.
The meeting was chaired by PF disciplinary committee chairperson Dr Ngosa Simbyakula and it was attended by other party members, among them Elfridah Kansembe and Dorothy Kazunga.
About Mirriam Chabala
Mirriam Chabala is a Zambian journalist who covers current affairs and writes in-depth feature articles on social issues.
Email: mirriam [at] diggers [dot] news
- Govt reluctance to fund FIC unbelievable – Mulongoti - 22 Jan 2018
- Mongu UPND officials defect to NDC - 22 Jan 2018
- Ethiopian Airlines will be the real beneficiary of Zambia Airways – Chibamba - 22 Jan 2018
- Closing FIC will not erase corruption evidence – NDC - 20 Jan 2018
- Cadres are running the country – HH - 19 Jan 2018
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
ArchivesFeb0 PostsMar0 PostsApr0 PostsMay0 PostsJun0 PostsJul0 PostsAug0 PostsSep0 PostsOct0 PostsNov0 PostsDec0 Posts
- «January 2018»
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend