- by Joseph Mwenda on 21 Jul 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 21 Jul 2017by Karen Mwelwa on 21 Jul 2017by Tenson Mkhala on 21 Jul 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Joseph Mwenda on 21 Jul 2017by Diggers Reporter on 21 Jul 2017by Diggers Reporter on 21 Jul 2017by Diggers Reporter on 19 Jul 2017
- by Diggers Editor on 21 Jul 2017by Karen Mwelwa on 18 Jul 2017by Charles Mafa on 13 Jul 2017by Karen Mwelwa on 13 Jul 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2017by Diggers Reporter on 21 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 20 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 20 Jul 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Hakainde Hichilema on 20 Jul 2017by Laura Miti on 13 Jul 2017by Stella Sata Rukayi on 8 Jul 2017by Nic Cheeseman on 7 Jul 2017
- by Mirriam Chabala on 16 Jul 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 15 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 26 Jun 2017by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jun 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by David Julian Wightman on 8 Jul 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 6 Jul 2017by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 2 Jul 2017by David Julian Wightman on 18 Jun 2017
I will accept party’s decision – KambwiliBy Mirriam Chabala on 17 Jan 2017
ROAN PF member of parliament Chishimba Kambwili says he will accept the final decision of the party over his fate.
Speaking to journalists after the disciplinary hearing yesterday, January 16, 2017, Kambwili said it was now up to the party to decide his fate.
“I have been charged with an offence and I have been given a chance to exculpate myself and have appeared before the disciplinary committee. I and my witnesses have given statements and it now remains for the party to make a decision,” said Kambwili.
“It takes two to tangle so there are two different statements, from the complainant and of course from the defendant. We will wait for the committee to make a recommendation and being a loyal and abiding member of the party, I shall take any decision that the party will make. We are members of one family, we had a very good interaction, no acrimony; we had a very good interaction.”
And PF deputy spokesperson Frank Bwalya told journalists shortly before the hearing that the disciplinary committee was impartial and that the case was not a witch hunt.
Bwalya said the committee would submit a report to the PF central committee for scrutiny and finalising.
Kambwili, who is also former information minister, appeared before the PF disciplinary committee over a case in which he was accused calling Luanshya Mayor Nathan Chanda a wizard among other charges.
Kambwili arrived at the PF secretariat at exactly 14:00 hours accompanied by his wife, Carol, his sons and witnesses.
The meeting was chaired by PF disciplinary committee chairperson Dr Ngosa Simbyakula and it was attended by other party members, among them Elfridah Kansembe and Dorothy Kazunga.
About Mirriam Chabala
Mirriam Chabala is a Zambian journalist who covers current affairs and writes in-depth feature articles on social issues.
Email: mirriam [at] diggers [dot] news
- LAZ doesn’t have to be in love with govt – Wynter - 21 Jul 2017
- DEC arrests 2 Solwezi residents for stealing K117,185 - 20 Jul 2017
- Kampyongo mocks Kabimba for questioning Lungu’s decisions: “Ka Wynter finshi ukwete?” - 20 Jul 2017
- LAZ statement most ridiculous since invocation of Article 31 – Sunday - 20 Jul 2017
- No law empowers police to regulate media – ADD - 19 Jul 2017
You may also like...
Weekly Most Digged
- «July 2017»
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend