- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 22 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 22 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 22 Oct 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 21 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 18 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 17 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 16 Oct 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 20 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 20 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 19 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Oct 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by By Dr Canisius Banda on 9 Oct 2017by Brig Gen Godfrey Miyanda on 3 Oct 2017by Chishimba Kambwili on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Editor on 22 Sep 2017
- by Joseph Mwenda on 19 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 19 Oct 2017by Aleksander Pichkur on 16 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 16 Oct 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 14 Sep 2017by Guest Digger on 8 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 3 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017
I will accept party’s decision – KambwiliBy Mirriam Chabala on 17 Jan 2017
ROAN PF member of parliament Chishimba Kambwili says he will accept the final decision of the party over his fate.
Speaking to journalists after the disciplinary hearing yesterday, January 16, 2017, Kambwili said it was now up to the party to decide his fate.
“I have been charged with an offence and I have been given a chance to exculpate myself and have appeared before the disciplinary committee. I and my witnesses have given statements and it now remains for the party to make a decision,” said Kambwili.
“It takes two to tangle so there are two different statements, from the complainant and of course from the defendant. We will wait for the committee to make a recommendation and being a loyal and abiding member of the party, I shall take any decision that the party will make. We are members of one family, we had a very good interaction, no acrimony; we had a very good interaction.”
And PF deputy spokesperson Frank Bwalya told journalists shortly before the hearing that the disciplinary committee was impartial and that the case was not a witch hunt.
Bwalya said the committee would submit a report to the PF central committee for scrutiny and finalising.
Kambwili, who is also former information minister, appeared before the PF disciplinary committee over a case in which he was accused calling Luanshya Mayor Nathan Chanda a wizard among other charges.
Kambwili arrived at the PF secretariat at exactly 14:00 hours accompanied by his wife, Carol, his sons and witnesses.
The meeting was chaired by PF disciplinary committee chairperson Dr Ngosa Simbyakula and it was attended by other party members, among them Elfridah Kansembe and Dorothy Kazunga.
About Mirriam Chabala
Mirriam Chabala is a Zambian journalist who covers current affairs and writes in-depth feature articles on social issues.
Email: mirriam [at] diggers [dot] news
- ZICTA confiscates transmitter for a Choma community radio station - 19 Oct 2017
- ERB too quick at hiking prices, slow on reducing – CUTS - 18 Oct 2017
- National Day of Prayer has divided the nation – Kabimba - 18 Oct 2017
- Promise to stop stealing before inviting us for prayers, HH tells PF - 18 Oct 2017
- Mwila reserves party position on calls for Mulusa’s dismissal - 17 Oct 2017
You may also like...
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «October 2017»
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend