- by Mirriam Chabala on 27 Jul 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 27 Jul 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 27 Jul 2017by Joseph Mwenda on 27 Jul 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Tenson Mkhala on 27 Jul 2017by Diggers Reporter on 27 Jul 2017by Diggers Reporter on 27 Jul 2017by Diggers Reporter on 26 Jul 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 26 Jul 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 26 Jul 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2017by Diggers Reporter on 27 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 26 Jul 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Dickson Jere on 26 Jul 2017by Hakainde Hichilema on 20 Jul 2017by Laura Miti on 13 Jul 2017by Stella Sata Rukayi on 8 Jul 2017
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Jul 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 16 Jul 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 15 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 26 Jun 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 25 Jul 2017by David Julian Wightman on 8 Jul 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 6 Jul 2017by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 2 Jul 2017
Kambwili deletes anti PF remarks on vendingBy Mirriam Chabala on 20 Jan 2017
ROAN PF member of parliament Chishimba Kambwili has taken down an emotive Facebook posting he made last evening condemning the PF for chasing vendors from the streets of Kitwe.
Yesterday January 19, 2017, Kitwe Mayor Christopher Kang’ombe ordered the removal of vendors, saying they would only be allowed along Chisokone Avenue; the road leading to Chisokone Market. Kang’ombe promised that vendors without shops at Chisokone would be provided with appropriate vending sites soon.
But in a Facebook posting yesterday, Kambwili noted that the Patriotic Front was departing from campaign promises.
“The elite call it dirt because they can afford to shop in Shoprite, the poor call it business because that is their only source of livelihood. What happens to these men and women who seek to send their children to schools and provide for their families?” Kambwili, who is the immediate past former information minister and chief government spokesperson asked. “Having heavily campaigned in the last general election, I reiterated the fact that the Patriotic Front is a pro poor party and we would not remove street vendors from the streets, until we provide an enabling environment for them to thrive.”
Kambwili charged that now was not a good time for “towns to compete on being the cleanest” because the country’s economy was under enormous stress.
“This not time for towns to compete on which is the cleanest, it is time to put the people first. My heart bleeds for the street vendors and I wish I could help. Lest we forget that unemployment is high and this is a way for people making ends meet. Let us have a human heart when making life changing decisions, how can we refer to human beings selling their products as dirt? The sad case of street vendors, dirt in others eyes, livelihood in their own eyes. Where is the fairness?” asked Kambwili.
However, Kambwili has taken down the posting for unknown reasons. Kambwili is currently awaiting the decision of the PF central committee after his disciplinary hearing last week. Kambwili was charged with gross indiscipline after he accused Luanshya Mayor Nathan Chanda of being a wizard after his life.
About Mirriam Chabala
Mirriam Chabala is a Zambian journalist who covers current affairs and writes in-depth feature articles on social issues.
Email: mirriam [at] diggers [dot] news
- Kambwili a pathological liar – Kampyongo - 27 Jul 2017
- We don’t need to parade ourselves to Hamukale to prove we are working – Nkombo - 27 Jul 2017
- Maize price projects huge loss for farmers – ZNFU - 26 Jul 2017
- Wynter invites Kambwili to join Rainbow - 25 Jul 2017
- Musenge contemplates forming own party - 25 Jul 2017
You may also like...
- MMD helped us win, we can't be eating alone and keep them outside like dogs - PF
- Panic in Kabwata as shop catches fire
- Kambwili can kill Lungu – PF
- Corrections officer admits items seized from UPND cadres were not offensive weapons
- We don't need to parade ourselves to Hamukale to prove we are working - Nkombo
Weekly Most Digged
- «July 2017»
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend