- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 26 Sep 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 26 Sep 2017by Citizen journalist on 26 Sep 2017by Tenson Mkhala on 26 Sep 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Diggers Reporter on 26 Sep 2017by Tenson Mkhala on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 21 Sep 2017
- by Mirriam Chabala on 25 Sep 2017by Mukosha Funga on 25 Sep 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 24 Sep 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 23 Sep 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 25 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 25 Sep 2017by Mukosha Funga on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 24 Sep 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Chishimba Kambwili on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Editor on 22 Sep 2017by Elias Munshya on 18 Sep 2017by President Edgar Lungu on 13 Sep 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 14 Sep 2017by Guest Digger on 8 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 3 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017
FDD reports IG to complaints authority for failing to arrest MwilaBy Mirriam Chabala on 31 Jan 2017
FDD spokesperson Antonio Mwanza has filed a complaint against Inspector General of Police Kakoma Kanganja with the Police Public Complaints Authority for failing to arrest PF secretary general Davies Mwila, who was filmed inciting PF cadres to forcibly take over the running of markets and bus stations in Kabwe.
In a statement issued today, Mwanza asked the Police Public Complaints Authority to cite Kanganja for complicity, professional ineptness and violation of the Zambia Police Act.
“I wish to inform the nation that I have today the 31st of January, 2017 lodged a formal complaint against Mr Kakoma Kanganja, the Inspector General of Police with the Police Public Complaints Authority for complicity, professional ineptness and violation of the Zambia Police Act for his failure to have Mr Davies Mwila, the Secretary General of the Patriotic Front arrested and charged for inciting PF cadres to forcibly take over the running of markets and bus stations in Kabwe,” Mwanza stated.
Mwanza stated that there was no justification for Kakoma’s failure to arrest Mwila.
“CAP 107 of the Laws of Zambia gives the IG full command, superintendence, direction and control of the entire Police Force. Hence, the failure by the IG to act on a formal complaint duly presented before his office is professional ineptness and a serious violation of the Zambia Police Act. I therefore asked the Police Public Complaints Authority to accordingly cite Mr Kakoma Kanganja for professional ineptness, complicity and violation of the Zambia Police Act. I will pursue this matter to its logical end because impunity, lawlessness and wanton abuse of authority and public resources must not be tolerated in any democratic country,” stated Mwanza.
On January 20, Mwanza wrote to Kakoma asking him to arrest Mwila for his “criminal utterances” but no action has been taken.
However, the Patriotic Front last week suspended two Kabwe officials who are suspected of having leaked Mwila’s recordings.
About Mirriam Chabala
Mirriam Chabala is a Zambian journalist who covers current affairs and writes in-depth feature articles on social issues.
Email: mirriam [at] diggers [dot] news
- Protests at Parliament will go ahead on Friday, with or without police permit – Miti - 26 Sep 2017
- Let Laura, others wait for police response on their planned demos – Katongo - 26 Sep 2017
- Dialogue with Lungu will adress police brutality, Constitution lacunas – UPND - 26 Sep 2017
- Money laundering compromising social security – Msiska - 25 Sep 2017
- LCC nabs 9 for discharging effluent in drainage - 25 Sep 2017
You may also like...
- Katanga explains Ndola riot: Police were pursuing car thief
- Kalaba hails Millennium Challenge Account, USAID to Zambia
- Protests at Parliament will go ahead on Friday, with or without police permit – Miti
- Riots in Ndola after high speed police chase kills vendor
- Parliament should be able to detect, stop abuse of public resources – Speaker
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «September 2017»
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend