- by Mukosha Funga on 21 Nov 2017by Diggers Reporter on 21 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 21 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 21 Nov 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mirriam Chabala on 21 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 20 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 20 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 18 Nov 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 21 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 21 Nov 2017by Diggers Reporter on 20 Nov 2017by Diggers Reporter on 20 Nov 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 20 Nov 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 18 Nov 2017by Diggers contributor on 7 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 4 Nov 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 18 Nov 2017by Ambassador Eric Schultz on 13 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 9 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 29 Oct 2017
FDD reports IG to complaints authority for failing to arrest MwilaBy Mirriam Chabala on 31 Jan 2017
FDD spokesperson Antonio Mwanza has filed a complaint against Inspector General of Police Kakoma Kanganja with the Police Public Complaints Authority for failing to arrest PF secretary general Davies Mwila, who was filmed inciting PF cadres to forcibly take over the running of markets and bus stations in Kabwe.
In a statement issued today, Mwanza asked the Police Public Complaints Authority to cite Kanganja for complicity, professional ineptness and violation of the Zambia Police Act.
“I wish to inform the nation that I have today the 31st of January, 2017 lodged a formal complaint against Mr Kakoma Kanganja, the Inspector General of Police with the Police Public Complaints Authority for complicity, professional ineptness and violation of the Zambia Police Act for his failure to have Mr Davies Mwila, the Secretary General of the Patriotic Front arrested and charged for inciting PF cadres to forcibly take over the running of markets and bus stations in Kabwe,” Mwanza stated.
Mwanza stated that there was no justification for Kakoma’s failure to arrest Mwila.
“CAP 107 of the Laws of Zambia gives the IG full command, superintendence, direction and control of the entire Police Force. Hence, the failure by the IG to act on a formal complaint duly presented before his office is professional ineptness and a serious violation of the Zambia Police Act. I therefore asked the Police Public Complaints Authority to accordingly cite Mr Kakoma Kanganja for professional ineptness, complicity and violation of the Zambia Police Act. I will pursue this matter to its logical end because impunity, lawlessness and wanton abuse of authority and public resources must not be tolerated in any democratic country,” stated Mwanza.
On January 20, Mwanza wrote to Kakoma asking him to arrest Mwila for his “criminal utterances” but no action has been taken.
However, the Patriotic Front last week suspended two Kabwe officials who are suspected of having leaked Mwila’s recordings.
About Mirriam Chabala
Mirriam Chabala is a Zambian journalist who covers current affairs and writes in-depth feature articles on social issues.
Email: mirriam [at] diggers [dot] news
- $25m ADB loan to building society will push national housing agenda – ZUFIAW - 21 Nov 2017
- The court’s ruling was very clear, ex-ministers must pay – Kampamba - 21 Nov 2017
- Zim crisis will have spillover effect on Zambia – Haabasonda - 21 Nov 2017
- ZCSD defends NGOs cited for fraud - 21 Nov 2017
- World Bank approves $26.5m loan for REA - 20 Nov 2017
You may also like...
- Kambwili rules out reconciliation with Lungu: "I want to be called Mr President"
- PF to remove Financial Intelligence boss
- ‘Wife’ sues Muvi TV owner over matrimonial house
- Kaunda has not yet traveled to meet Mugabe -Spokesperson
- Lusambo vents anger on RDA for not awarding contract to his preferred companies
- Court refuses to resolve UNIP leadership wrangles
- PF will waste millions in compensation over illegally terminated contracts – TIZ
- Police place bounty on killers of Chinese national
- $25m ADB loan to building society will push national housing agenda – ZUFIAW
- The court’s ruling was very clear, ex-ministers must pay – Kampamba
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «November 2017»
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend