- by Joseph Mwenda on 23 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 23 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Aug 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Joseph Mwenda on 23 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 23 Aug 2017by Joseph Mwenda on 22 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 21 Aug 2017
- by Mirriam Chabala on 23 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 23 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 21 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 21 Aug 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 22 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Aug 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Joseph Mwenda on 22 Aug 2017by Thomas Mulenga on 20 Aug 2017by Joseph Mwenda on 18 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 3 Aug 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 25 Jul 2017by David Julian Wightman on 8 Jul 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 6 Jul 2017
Police arrest 30 year old for murdering girlfriendBy Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Mar 2017
Police in Lusaka have arrested a 30-year-old man for allegedly murdering his 19-year-old girlfriend.
Police Spokesperson Esther Mwaata Katongo has identified the suspect as Isaac Mayila Mwakajumba while the deceased has been identified as Justina Njovu of Kasupe area in Matero Township.
In a statement issued in Lusaka today, Katongo stated that the deceased was reported to have been murdered and dumped in a well on March 1, 2017.
“Before her death, she was seen being beaten by her boyfriend identified as Isaac Mayila Mwakajumba aged 30 at about 23:00 hours near Kondowe Shop along Kasupe road,” Katongo stated.
She stated that Njovu’s body was only discovered the following day in a well by members of the public.
“The suspect identified as Isaac Mayila aged 30, of Chazanga compound in Lusaka was apprehended in Chongwe district on 12th March, 2017 where he was hiding at his ex wife’s home. He has since been charged with murder and will appear in court soon,” Katongo stated.
Meanwhile, police have also apprehended two suspects in connection with the murder of a Taxi driver, Moses Ganizani Tembo; 32, of George compound.
Katongo said the suspects were apprehended in Namwala District in Southern Province and identified them as Gift Mukube aged 24 and Masauso Banda aged 21, both of Matero area in Lusaka.
“At the fateful day, the Taxi Driver who was driving a Toyota Corrolla registration number ALX 4278 was booked by the criminals on 21st February, 2017 around 22:00 hours. His body was later discovered in a decomposed state on 26th February, 2017 by children who were playing along Mungwi road in Lusaka,” Katongo stated.
“After investigations and working in collaboration with members of the public, police managed to apprehend the two suspects in Namwala in Southern Province where they were hiding. They also managed to recover the stolen motor vehicle. The suspects are yet to be transported back to Lusaka and be charged.”
In another development, police retrieved a body of a 30-year-old man of Lusaka’s New Kanyama area, identified as Goodson Phiri from a ditch.
Katongo reported that Phiri had drowned in a ditch filled with water near Superior Milling as he tried to swim on March 12th, 2017.
“Efforts to retrieve the body the same day of drowning by officers from Fire Brigade failed but only managed to retrieve it today, 15th March, 2017. The body is in UTH mortuary awaiting postmoterm,” Katongo explained.
And police today also picked a body of a six-year-old girl of Meanwood phase two area.
“The girl was reported missing yesterday on 14th March, 2017 at about 13:00 hours and was found dead today on 15th March, 2017 at about 06:00 hours near an unfinished house by her father. It was dumped near the parents’ home and was found with bruises. The body has been deposited at UTH mortuary awaiting postmoterm. We have since instituted investigations in the matter,” stated Katongo.Related Items
- Lungu would have pardoned HH if court convicted him, says Kampamba Mulenga
- Mopani announces planned retrenchment of 4,700 workers: We are left with no option
- Tujilijili drinking competition leaves winner dead
- HH relives memories from prison: We slept on the cold floor, used buckets as toilets
- Former Chipata mayor commits suicide
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «August 2017»
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend