- by Mukosha Funga on 21 Nov 2017by Diggers Reporter on 21 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 21 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 21 Nov 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mirriam Chabala on 21 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 20 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 20 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 18 Nov 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 21 Nov 2017by Diggers Reporter on 21 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 21 Nov 2017by Diggers Reporter on 20 Nov 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 20 Nov 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 18 Nov 2017by Diggers contributor on 7 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 4 Nov 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 18 Nov 2017by Ambassador Eric Schultz on 13 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 9 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 29 Oct 2017
RDA pays contractor to get back vehiclesBy Joseph Mwenda on 19 Mar 2017
The Road Development Agency has made a part payment of about K10 million to Italian construction company Fratelli Locci in order to retrieve vehicles which were confiscated last week.
Locci, through the Bailiff’s office on Wednesday last week stormed the RDA headquarters where they confiscated eight Toyota SUVs after winning a court case against the agency.
But sources at RDA explained that management authorized the payment of about K10 million on Thursday to get back the vehicles.
“The driver’s went to get back the cars on Thursday. We have paid I think K10 million, but we are still owing about K14 million,” the source said.
“There is an agreement made on payments, so the bailiffs have released the vehicles.”
The source however disclosed that there was a blame game at the agency over the mishandling of the matter.
“Others are pointing fingers at [former chief executive] Mr Chiwala, while others are blaming late president [Michael] Sata. But the point is that the contract was mishandled and the agency is going to lose a lot of money,” said the source.Related ItemsHeadlines
You may also like...
- Kambwili rules out reconciliation with Lungu: "I want to be called Mr President"
- PF to remove Financial Intelligence boss
- ‘Wife’ sues Muvi TV owner over matrimonial house
- Kaunda has not yet traveled to meet Mugabe -Spokesperson
- Lusambo vents anger on RDA for not awarding contract to his preferred companies
- 3 Zimbabwean women in court for stealing food from Pick n Pay
- Court refuses to resolve UNIP leadership wrangles
- PF will waste millions in compensation over illegally terminated contracts – TIZ
- Police place bounty on killers of Chinese national
- $25m ADB loan to building society will push national housing agenda – ZUFIAW
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «November 2017»
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend