by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Aug 2017by Joseph Mwenda on 23 Aug 2017by Joseph Mwenda on 23 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Aug 2017
- Goal Diggers
by Joseph Mwenda on 23 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 23 Aug 2017by Joseph Mwenda on 22 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 21 Aug 2017
by Mirriam Chabala on 23 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 23 Aug 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 23 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 23 Aug 2017
by Mukosha Funga on 23 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 22 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Aug 2017
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Editor on 23 Aug 2017by Diggers Editor on 19 Aug 2017by Diggers Editor on 18 Aug 2017by Diggers Editor on 16 Aug 2017
by Joseph Mwenda on 22 Aug 2017by Thomas Mulenga on 20 Aug 2017by Joseph Mwenda on 18 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 3 Aug 2017
- Guest Diggers
by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 25 Jul 2017by David Julian Wightman on 8 Jul 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 6 Jul 2017
Police finally pick up HHBy Tenson Mkhala on 11 Apr 2017
Police have finally picked up UPND president Hakainde Hichilema this morning and have taken him to Woodlands Police Station for questioning.
This follows a raid at his New Kasama house last night seeking to arrest the opposition leader for failing to give way to President Edgar Lungu’s motorcade in Mongu on Sunday.
Police took Hichilema to the police station at around 11:00 hours, with Jack Mwiimbu and other lawyers accompanying the opposition leader.
Earlier, heavily armed police; who were still keeping vigil at the premises, turned away all journalists and party officials.
Other opposition leaders including MMD’s Nevers Mumba and Mike Mulongoti of the People’s Party have arrived at Woodlands Police Station to show solidarity to HH.
Meanwhile, after being turned away from HH’s house this morning, some UPND officials led by party secretary general Stephen Katuka sought audience with US Ambassador to Zambia Eric Schultz at the US Embassy.
The meeting was closed to the media.
About Tenson Mkhala
Tenson Mkhala is our resident photo journalist.
Email: tenson [at] diggers [dot] news
- I told police to add me to the treason case, claims GBM - 17 Aug 2017
- I’m sad that HH is still in prison – Mwaliteta - 8 Aug 2017
- Mwaliteta did not deserve to be in prison – Lawyer - 8 Aug 2017
- Court finds Mwaliteta with no case to answer - 8 Aug 2017
- Resolve Lungu, HH differences before things blow up – Bishop Mfula - 28 Jul 2017
- Lungu would have pardoned HH if court convicted him, says Kampamba Mulenga
- Tujilijili drinking competition leaves winner dead
- Mopani announces planned retrenchment of 4,700 workers: We are left with no option
- Shaka Ssali in to discuss democracy in Zambia
- PF losing numbers since 2011, while UPND is gaining - Max
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend