by Abraham Kalito on 22 Mar 2018by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 22 Mar 2018by Mukosha Funga on 22 Mar 2018by Nancy Moonga on 22 Mar 2018
- Goal Diggers
by Mirriam Chabala on 22 Mar 2018by Mirriam Chabala on 21 Mar 2018by Nancy Moonga on 21 Mar 2018by Zondiwe Mbewe on 21 Mar 2018
by Daniel Chansa on 22 Mar 2018by Zondiwe Mbewe on 21 Mar 2018by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Mar 2018by Diggers Reporter on 7 Mar 2018
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Editor on 22 Mar 2018by Diggers Editor on 21 Mar 2018by Diggers Editor on 19 Mar 2018by Diggers Editor on 17 Mar 2018
by Felix Kashweka on 10 Mar 2018by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 2 Mar 2018by Felix Kashweka on 24 Feb 2018by Felix Kashweka on 24 Feb 2018
- Guest Diggers
Police finally pick up HHBy Tenson Mkhala on 11 Apr 2017
Police have finally picked up UPND president Hakainde Hichilema this morning and have taken him to Woodlands Police Station for questioning.
This follows a raid at his New Kasama house last night seeking to arrest the opposition leader for failing to give way to President Edgar Lungu’s motorcade in Mongu on Sunday.
Police took Hichilema to the police station at around 11:00 hours, with Jack Mwiimbu and other lawyers accompanying the opposition leader.
Earlier, heavily armed police; who were still keeping vigil at the premises, turned away all journalists and party officials.
Other opposition leaders including MMD’s Nevers Mumba and Mike Mulongoti of the People’s Party have arrived at Woodlands Police Station to show solidarity to HH.
Meanwhile, after being turned away from HH’s house this morning, some UPND officials led by party secretary general Stephen Katuka sought audience with US Ambassador to Zambia Eric Schultz at the US Embassy.
The meeting was closed to the media.
About Tenson Mkhala
Tenson Mkhala is our resident photo journalist.
Email: tenson [at] diggers [dot] news
- HH,Mutati embrace: Let’s unite - 2 Feb 2018
- Prove soldiers are beating civilians – Defence PS - 1 Feb 2018
- PF cadres, Police screen vendors during reallocation of trading space - 18 Jan 2018
- Chaos as police teargas traders - 16 Jan 2018
- Starting school in jail my greatest achievement – Banda - 6 Jan 2018
- Police release Kambwili, order him to report at Woodlands station tomorrow
- Police arrest Kambwili, slap him with 37 counts of having money suspected to be proceeds of crime
- Judge Musona finally views 'missing' Munali violence video
- Kalaba distances himself from extravagant spending on Lungu's trips
- Our ethics demand that we respect Mr Chanda’s reaction
- HPCZ drags Lafarge to court for operating illegal clinic, dispensing expired drugs
- Speaker orders Kambwili to apologise for ‘maligning’ Kampyongo, Grandview
- Investigative journalism key to development – Foote
- Increase tax on beer instead of making people pay borehole tax – Mwashingwele
- UZi will enhance competition, lower cost of mobile services – CCPC
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
ArchivesApr0 PostsMay0 PostsJun0 PostsJul0 PostsAug0 PostsSep0 PostsOct0 PostsNov0 PostsDec0 Posts
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend