- by Joseph Mwenya in Kabwe on 10 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 10 Dec 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 10 Dec 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 10 Dec 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by William Chileshe on 8 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 8 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 8 Dec 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 7 Dec 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 8 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 7 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 6 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 5 Dec 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Diggers Reporter on 4 Dec 2017by Laura Miti on 24 Nov 2017by The Washington Post on 16 Nov 2017by Times of Zambia employees on 15 Nov 2017
- by Diggers Editor on 10 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 8 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 6 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 2 Dec 2017
- by Mirriam Chabala on 5 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 30 Nov 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 29 Nov 2017by Joseph Mwenya on 28 Nov 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Chibamba Kanyama on 26 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 18 Nov 2017by Ambassador Eric Schultz on 13 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 9 Nov 2017
Police cause commotion in HH courtroomBy Tenson Mkhala on 19 Apr 2017
UPND members have chased an armed police officer from a court room where their leader Hakainde Hichilema is scheduled to appear this morning.
A parked courtroom which included Sylvia Masebo, former Senanga member of parliament Likando Mufalali, Major Richard Kachingwe, Patrick Mucheleka and many others were waiting for Lusaka Magistrate Greenwell Malumani to arrive when about 20 officers walked into the courtroom.
Upon realising that one of them was armed, the UPND officials demanded that he leaves the courtroom, saying they were not criminals.
“Why do u have a gun with you? Please leave and stop intimidating us, we are not criminals. Go! Get out!” Masebo was heard shouting.
The officer, who initially hesitated to leave the court room, eventually left after his colleagues advised him to go out for the sake of peace.
However, a few officers are still in the courtroom.
Meanwhile, there is tight security at Magistrates Court complex as police officers have sealed the premises and are demanding identity cards from anyone who seeks to enter.
HH has already been brought to court awaiting magistrate Malumani’s arrival.
About Tenson Mkhala
Tenson Mkhala is our resident photo journalist.
Email: tenson [at] diggers [dot] news
- Prisons are over 200% overcrowded – Chato - 8 Dec 2017
- 51 ZNS officers graduate in defense and security studies - 29 Nov 2017
- Zambia’s economic recovery requires increased levels of accountability – EU - 2 Nov 2017
- Respect marriage – KBF - 8 Oct 2017
- We need improved education system for positive change – Msiska - 5 Oct 2017
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «December 2017»
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend