- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 22 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 22 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Oct 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 22 Oct 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 21 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 18 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 17 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 16 Oct 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 20 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 20 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 19 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Oct 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by By Dr Canisius Banda on 9 Oct 2017by Brig Gen Godfrey Miyanda on 3 Oct 2017by Chishimba Kambwili on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Editor on 22 Sep 2017
- by Joseph Mwenda on 19 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 19 Oct 2017by Aleksander Pichkur on 16 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 16 Oct 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 14 Sep 2017by Guest Digger on 8 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 3 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017
Police cause commotion in HH courtroomBy Tenson Mkhala on 19 Apr 2017
UPND members have chased an armed police officer from a court room where their leader Hakainde Hichilema is scheduled to appear this morning.
A parked courtroom which included Sylvia Masebo, former Senanga member of parliament Likando Mufalali, Major Richard Kachingwe, Patrick Mucheleka and many others were waiting for Lusaka Magistrate Greenwell Malumani to arrive when about 20 officers walked into the courtroom.
Upon realising that one of them was armed, the UPND officials demanded that he leaves the courtroom, saying they were not criminals.
“Why do u have a gun with you? Please leave and stop intimidating us, we are not criminals. Go! Get out!” Masebo was heard shouting.
The officer, who initially hesitated to leave the court room, eventually left after his colleagues advised him to go out for the sake of peace.
However, a few officers are still in the courtroom.
Meanwhile, there is tight security at Magistrates Court complex as police officers have sealed the premises and are demanding identity cards from anyone who seeks to enter.
HH has already been brought to court awaiting magistrate Malumani’s arrival.
About Tenson Mkhala
Tenson Mkhala is our resident photo journalist.
Email: tenson [at] diggers [dot] news
- Respect marriage – KBF - 8 Oct 2017
- We need improved education system for positive change – Msiska - 5 Oct 2017
- Govt improves farmer registration process - 28 Sep 2017
- Zambia’s Karima aims high at Dubai cooking competition - 26 Sep 2017
- Parliament should be able to detect, stop abuse of public resources – Speaker - 26 Sep 2017
- ConCourt was inconsistent in handling Presidential Petition - JCC
- MP pins Mabumba on low fuel prices during elections
- Come in numbers, Kanyama rally is on - GBM
- Until Jesus comes, UPND will never produce a President - Mwila
- VP says Mulusa will be disciplined for likening fire tenders to wheelbarrows
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «October 2017»
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend