- by Mukosha Funga on 16 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 16 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 16 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 16 Aug 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Diggers Reporter on 16 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 13 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 10 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 10 Aug 2017
- by Diggers Correspondent on 16 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 15 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 14 Aug 2017
- by Diggers Correspondent on 16 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 16 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 16 Aug 2017by Charles Mafa on 15 Aug 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Mukosha Funga on 3 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 31 Jul 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 30 Jul 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Jul 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 25 Jul 2017by David Julian Wightman on 8 Jul 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 6 Jul 2017
Police cause commotion in HH courtroomBy Tenson Mkhala on 19 Apr 2017
UPND members have chased an armed police officer from a court room where their leader Hakainde Hichilema is scheduled to appear this morning.
A parked courtroom which included Sylvia Masebo, former Senanga member of parliament Likando Mufalali, Major Richard Kachingwe, Patrick Mucheleka and many others were waiting for Lusaka Magistrate Greenwell Malumani to arrive when about 20 officers walked into the courtroom.
Upon realising that one of them was armed, the UPND officials demanded that he leaves the courtroom, saying they were not criminals.
“Why do u have a gun with you? Please leave and stop intimidating us, we are not criminals. Go! Get out!” Masebo was heard shouting.
The officer, who initially hesitated to leave the court room, eventually left after his colleagues advised him to go out for the sake of peace.
However, a few officers are still in the courtroom.
Meanwhile, there is tight security at Magistrates Court complex as police officers have sealed the premises and are demanding identity cards from anyone who seeks to enter.
HH has already been brought to court awaiting magistrate Malumani’s arrival.
About Tenson Mkhala
Tenson Mkhala is our resident photo journalist.
Email: tenson [at] diggers [dot] news
- I’m sad that HH is still in prison – Mwaliteta - 8 Aug 2017
- Mwaliteta did not deserve to be in prison – Lawyer - 8 Aug 2017
- Court finds Mwaliteta with no case to answer - 8 Aug 2017
- Resolve Lungu, HH differences before things blow up – Bishop Mfula - 28 Jul 2017
- Napsa hold Lusaka Dynamos to 1-1 draw - 27 Jul 2017
Weekly Most Digged
- «August 2017»
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend