- by Zondiwe Mbewe on 17 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 16 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 16 Dec 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Dec 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mirriam Chabala on 14 Dec 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 13 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 11 Dec 2017by William Chileshe on 8 Dec 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 16 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 14 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 13 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 12 Dec 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Diggers Editor on 10 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 8 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 6 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 2 Dec 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Chibamba Kanyama on 26 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 18 Nov 2017by Ambassador Eric Schultz on 13 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 9 Nov 2017
Murder accused Mukata not yet charged – PoliceBy Mukosha Funga on 8 May 2017
Police Spokesperson Esther Mwaata Katongo says Chilanga UPND member of parliament Keith Mukata has not yet been taken to court because he has demanded that his lawyers must be present when he is charged with murder.
Katongo told News Diggers! this morning that police were ready to charge him yesterday but he insisted on having his lawyers present.
“We were ready to charge him yesterday but he refused and said he wanted his lawyers to be present. So we are just waiting for the lawyers to come, that’s when we will charge him,” said Katongo.
On Saturday, Mukata was arrested along with Charmine Musonda, whom he told police was his wife, for allegedly shooting dead a security guard at his law firm in Rhodespark.
But there has been a social media frenzy alleging that Musonda is in fact Mukata’s girlfriend and not his wife.
When journalists took Katongo to task on this issue, she said police only recorded that which accused persons told them.
“It is only him to know, not us because it is not connected to murder. We get information from accused persons themselves not social media. Kindly stick to what I have given you. I will not respond to everything on social media, the rest is for you to discover,” Katongo told journalists.
About Mukosha Funga
Interested in good governance and youth empowerment.
- Court throws out K5bn suit against Mutinta Hichilema - 16 Dec 2017
- NDC attackers are PF sympathisers, but not our members – Kamba - 16 Dec 2017
- Miles rejoins PF, endorses Lungu for 2021 - 14 Dec 2017
- Solicitor General challenges subpoena against Silungwe - 13 Dec 2017
- Let ZAWA complain about my rat song, not PF – Pilato - 13 Dec 2017
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «December 2017»
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend