- by Mukosha Funga on 19 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 19 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 19 Aug 2017by Thomas Mulenga on 19 Aug 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mukosha Funga on 19 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 18 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 17 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 16 Aug 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 18 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 17 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 16 Aug 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Joseph Mwenda on 18 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 3 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 31 Jul 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 30 Jul 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 25 Jul 2017by David Julian Wightman on 8 Jul 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 6 Jul 2017
Police confirm arrest of UPND MP for murderBy Diggers Reporter on 6 May 2017
Police Spokesperson Esther Mwaata-Katongo has confirmed the arrest of opposition UPND Chilanga member of parliament Keith Mukata for allegedly shooting a security officer.
In a statement Katongo said Mukata has been detained together with his wife Charmine Musonda.
“We received a report of murder which occurred today the 6th May 2017 at around 00:40 hours at house number 4 Alex Masala close in Rhodes Park in which male Namakau Kalila Kwenda aged 63 years old of Ngombe, a security guard employed by Men in Black security company and deployed at house number 4 Alex Masala close in Rhodes Park which is the office of AKM Legal Practitioners, the law firm of Keith Akekelwa Mukata has been shot dead,” Katongo explained.
“Facts are that around 00:40 hours, patrons at Spice Restaurant which is next to AKM Legal Practitioners heard some gun shots from the premises of AKM Legal Practitioners and when they went out they shortly heard Honourable Keith Mukata shouting for help that someone has been shot and that the assailants had run away.”
She said people who went to scene became suspicious and called the police.
“Officers rushed to the scene where they found the deceased lying in the corner of the yard just next to the gate. The premises was searched and one empty cartridge was picked from the scene and one pistol with 6 rounds of ammunitions. One was in the chamber while five were in the magazine which was found in a basket in the boot of a motor vehicle BMW registration number BCA 7262 Charcoal Grey in colour,” said Katongo.
“The pistol and empty cartridge have been picked for forensic examination and the body of the deceased has been taken to UTH Mortuary awaiting postmortem. Hon. Keith Akekelwa Mukata aged 45 years old of Kasupe in Lusaka West who is area member of parliament for Chilanga Constituency and his wife female Charmine Musonda Mukata aged 37 years old have been detained in custody for Murder.”Related ItemsHeadlines
You may also like...
Weekly Most Digged
- «August 2017»
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend