- by Mukosha Funga on 16 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 16 Dec 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Dec 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 14 Dec 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mirriam Chabala on 14 Dec 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 13 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 11 Dec 2017by William Chileshe on 8 Dec 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 14 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 13 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 12 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 12 Dec 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Diggers Editor on 10 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 8 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 6 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 2 Dec 2017
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 12 Dec 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 5 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 30 Nov 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 29 Nov 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Chibamba Kanyama on 26 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 18 Nov 2017by Ambassador Eric Schultz on 13 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 9 Nov 2017
Zambian truck driver killed in SABy Diggers Reporter on 17 May 2017
A 41 year old Zambian National has been found dead in Benoni area of Johannesburg, South Africa.
According to a statement issued by Zambia’s High Commission to South Africa first secretary for press and public relations Naomi Nyawali today, Chanda Field Mwila; who was holder of passport number ZN 599530 and of house number 11 Mapasa road of Chilenje South in Lusaka, was found dead by Johannesburg police on Saturday May 13, 2017 in Benoni.
Nyawali stated that Mwila worked as a truck driver for a company called African Cargo Management (ACM) and he is believed to have arrived in South Africa from Zambia on Wednesday May 9, 2017 on duty to deliver cargo.
She further stated that Mwila was however reported missing on Friday May 12, 2017 by his workmates after he failed to return from where he had gone to buy groceries for his use.
“It is reported that the late Mr Mwila had asked for the Company vehicle to assist him with his local movements.
Circumstances leading to his death are not yet clear, however police preliminary investigation indicate that he was brutally murdered in a car hijacking case as the Company car has not been found. The Late Mwila’s body has since been deposited at the springs Mortuary in Johannesburg awaiting repatriation back to Zambia for burial proceedings,” stated Nyawali.
“The Zambian Mission in Pretoria has been informed that (ACM) the company that the deceased Mr Mwila worked for was making frantic efforts to repatriate Mr Mwila”s remains. Meanwhile Zambians High Commissioner to South Africa, His Excellency, Mr. Emmanuel Mwamba expressed sadness and shock at the manner in which Mr. Mwila met his death. He said the Mission will continue to liaise with the Police to ensure that this murder and that of other recent deaths were resolved and perpetrators brought to book.”Related Items
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «December 2017»
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend