- by Mukosha Funga on 19 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 19 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 19 Aug 2017by Thomas Mulenga on 19 Aug 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mukosha Funga on 19 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 18 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 17 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 16 Aug 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 18 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 17 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 16 Aug 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Joseph Mwenda on 18 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 3 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 31 Jul 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 30 Jul 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 25 Jul 2017by David Julian Wightman on 8 Jul 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 6 Jul 2017
Mongu police arrest UPND officials at secretariat for unlawful assemblyBy Joseph Mwenda on 23 Jun 2017
Police in Western Province have arrested five senior UPND officials for unlawful assembly at their party secretariat.
In an interview with News Diggers! Western Province Police Commissioner Charles Lungu said the officials held a press briefing at their secretariat without notifying the police command.
“We have arrested five UPND members for unlawful assembly. Unlawful assembly is when you hold a gathering without notifying the police, so we have arrested them and they are currently being charged,” said Lungu.
He however said no journalist was among those arrested.
Meanwhile, police spokesperson Esther Mwaata Katongo also confirmed the arrests and named the suspects.
“Five UPND provinvial officials for Western Province have been arrested for unlawful assembly. They are Jeremiah Lihongo, 37, who is provincial youth chairperson, Moto Moto, 67, the vice chairperson, David Changamali, 49, provincial secretary administration, Mbinji Bishwashua, Provincial Secretary for politics, 68, Mukubesa Ellis, 66, provincial coordinator,” said Katongo.
“They have been arrested for unlawful assembly and are currently detained in police custody. They intended to have a press briefing at their offices where according to a press statement found with them, they wanted to demand for the release of their Leader Mr Hakainde Hichilema.”
» MORE @Diggers.News
About Joseph Mwenda
Joseph Mwenda is a Zambian journalist experienced in political news writing, photography and video editing.
Email: joseph [at] diggers [dot] news
- Zambians make fun of mandatory HIV testing - 18 Aug 2017
- Tendai Biti regrets fall of Zambia’s democracy - 16 Aug 2017
- They raided my son’s office, not mine – Mulongoti - 15 Aug 2017
- Lungu’s oil exploration launch in legal tumble - 13 Aug 2017
- State to free HH tomorrow, reports Reuters - 13 Aug 2017
You may also like...
Weekly Most Digged
- «August 2017»
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend