- by Mukosha Funga on 17 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 17 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 16 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 16 Aug 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Diggers Reporter on 16 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 13 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 10 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 10 Aug 2017
- by Diggers Correspondent on 16 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 15 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 14 Aug 2017
- by Diggers Correspondent on 16 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 16 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 16 Aug 2017by Charles Mafa on 15 Aug 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Mukosha Funga on 3 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 31 Jul 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 30 Jul 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Jul 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 25 Jul 2017by David Julian Wightman on 8 Jul 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 6 Jul 2017
Lungu calls for calmBy Mukosha Funga on 4 Jul 2017
President Edgar Lungu has called for calm among Zambians as they await an official report on the cause of the Lusaka City Market Inferno.
In a brief statement posted on his official Facebook page, the Head of State, who is in Ethiopia for the African Union Summit, said he was saddened by the fire.
“I am saddened by the fire that destroyed property of innocent Zambians earlier today at the Lusaka City Market. I urge all Zambians to remain calm and patient as we await a full report by the security services. If the fire is an act of arson then those destroying public property are enemies of the people,” President Lungu said.
He warned that those involved would be brought to book.
“Security wings are working hard to investigate all possible areas of wrongdoing in this matter. The nation will be kept informed.The Nation must therefore remain calm and ensure that no retaliatory action by anyone as this will be falling for the same lawlessness Zambians have refused to embrace. Let me warn that those engaging in acts bordering on economic sabotage will surely be brought to justice. We’ll find you wherever you’re hiding. The long arm of the law will not fail Zambians in this endeavour. The law will protect public good and order,” said President Lungu.
“To all victims of today’s fire incidence, my Government and I stand with you during this difficult moment. Be assured that you are not alone and your Government will not fail you.”
About Mukosha Funga
Interested in good governance and youth empowerment.
- HH’s release first step towards restoring democracy in Zambia – Maimane - 17 Aug 2017
- Freeing HH proves Judiciary is independent – PF - 16 Aug 2017
- It is not a nolle: Treason case has been dropped in public interest – Mwiimbu - 16 Aug 2017
- No one has won the treason case – IG - 16 Aug 2017
- UPND will restore order in Zambia – HH - 16 Aug 2017
You may also like...
Weekly Most Digged
- «August 2017»
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend