- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 21 Oct 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 21 Oct 2017by Linda Jere on 21 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 21 Oct 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 21 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 18 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 17 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 16 Oct 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 20 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 20 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 19 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Oct 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by By Dr Canisius Banda on 9 Oct 2017by Brig Gen Godfrey Miyanda on 3 Oct 2017by Chishimba Kambwili on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Editor on 22 Sep 2017
- by Joseph Mwenda on 19 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 19 Oct 2017by Aleksander Pichkur on 16 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 16 Oct 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 14 Sep 2017by Guest Digger on 8 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 3 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017
Lungu calls for calmBy Mukosha Funga on 4 Jul 2017
President Edgar Lungu has called for calm among Zambians as they await an official report on the cause of the Lusaka City Market Inferno.
In a brief statement posted on his official Facebook page, the Head of State, who is in Ethiopia for the African Union Summit, said he was saddened by the fire.
“I am saddened by the fire that destroyed property of innocent Zambians earlier today at the Lusaka City Market. I urge all Zambians to remain calm and patient as we await a full report by the security services. If the fire is an act of arson then those destroying public property are enemies of the people,” President Lungu said.
He warned that those involved would be brought to book.
“Security wings are working hard to investigate all possible areas of wrongdoing in this matter. The nation will be kept informed.The Nation must therefore remain calm and ensure that no retaliatory action by anyone as this will be falling for the same lawlessness Zambians have refused to embrace. Let me warn that those engaging in acts bordering on economic sabotage will surely be brought to justice. We’ll find you wherever you’re hiding. The long arm of the law will not fail Zambians in this endeavour. The law will protect public good and order,” said President Lungu.
“To all victims of today’s fire incidence, my Government and I stand with you during this difficult moment. Be assured that you are not alone and your Government will not fail you.”
About Mukosha Funga
Interested in good governance and youth empowerment.
- Until Jesus comes, UPND will never produce a President – Mwila - 21 Oct 2017
- Come in numbers, Kanyama rally is on – GBM - 21 Oct 2017
- ConCourt was inconsistent in handling Presidential Petition – JCC - 20 Oct 2017
- VP says Mulusa will be disciplined for likening fire tenders to wheelbarrows - 20 Oct 2017
- Ministry warns of Cholera spread if UPND rally goes ahead - 20 Oct 2017
You may also like...
- ConCourt was inconsistent in handling Presidential Petition - JCC
- MP pins Mabumba on low fuel prices during elections
- Come in numbers, Kanyama rally is on - GBM
- Until Jesus comes, UPND will never produce a President - Mwila
- VP says Mulusa will be disciplined for likening fire tenders to wheelbarrows
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «October 2017»
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend