- by Mukosha Funga on 19 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 19 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 19 Aug 2017by Thomas Mulenga on 19 Aug 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mukosha Funga on 19 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 18 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 17 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 16 Aug 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 18 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 17 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 16 Aug 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Joseph Mwenda on 18 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 3 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 31 Jul 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 30 Jul 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 25 Jul 2017by David Julian Wightman on 8 Jul 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 6 Jul 2017
Catholic Bishops visit Hichilema at MukobekoBy Joseph Mwenda on 20 Jul 2017
Catholic bishops led by Lusaka Archbishop Telesphore Mpundu this morning visited incarcerated UPND President Hakainde Hichilema at Kabwe’s Mukobeko maximum prison.
The priests arrived at Mukobeko Correctional facility around 09:45 hours and were ushered in shortly afterwards. Full details of the Bishops meeting with HH have not yet been revealed, but the purpose of the visit was to propose dialogue with President Edgar Lungu with the aim of ending the prevailing political tension in the country.
On July 14, Archbishop Mpundu led a 14-member team of Catholic Bishops to a meeting with President Lungu at State House where they urged the Head of State to consider meeting HH.
The Catholic Bishops appealed to the President to humble himself, put the country first and seriously consider engaging in a genuine face-to-face dialogue with the opposition leader.
“Your Excellency is quite alive to the historic reconciliation that took place between the two late presidents Levy Mwanawasa and Michael Chilufya Sata. We would like the State to facilitate our visit to Mr Hakainde Hichilema so that we can deliver the same message to him, namely to humble himself, open the door and pursue the path towards genuine reconciliation,” said Archbishop Mpundu said.
About Joseph Mwenda
Joseph Mwenda is a Zambian journalist experienced in political news writing, photography and video editing.
Email: joseph [at] diggers [dot] news
- Zambians make fun of mandatory HIV testing - 18 Aug 2017
- Tendai Biti regrets fall of Zambia’s democracy - 16 Aug 2017
- They raided my son’s office, not mine – Mulongoti - 15 Aug 2017
- Lungu’s oil exploration launch in legal tumble - 13 Aug 2017
- State to free HH tomorrow, reports Reuters - 13 Aug 2017
Weekly Most Digged
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend